Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homestuck

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
[For context, I do not know much about Homestuck. I haven’t really read the webcomic that much, I’ve only listened to some of the music. I only really know it from Toby Fox, who is a Touhou fan and also created Undertale/Deltarune. However, a Christian friend of mine who’s name is Sailor Writer has read the entirety of Homestuck, and they have reviewed it from a Christian perspective. I talked with them about their thoughts on Homestuck, so let’s see what they say.]

My original message
You also mention Homestuck on there. You include Bible verses on there which is very good! The Word of the Lord always tells the truth, thus it's important that we as Christians quote it often. To be honest, I'm not super familiar with that series. I don't know that much of the story or lore there. I've only listened to some of the music, and it's mostly from Toby Fox since he made Undertale/Deltarune and is also a Touhou fan. Though, it's good that you are making a connection to Christianity with that series too!

Thank you for that. And for mentioning Homestuck. You might wonder why I abhor this webcomic, well... I used to be a fan of it and completed it in January 2022. And while there are some story mechanics that are actually good, like chatting on the internet and the adventurous feeling of it, but it also has things in it that are much like insulting the Bible, which comes from a drunken lady. Those things irked me in mid 2022 and stopped reading it in my 2nd time reading it. The fans aren't even helping, in fact. I asked this question about why the webcomic and the fanbase are anti-Christian, and one comment asked to post the link of my post about Homestuck, sent it and was offended and called me a bigot. Like what, do you think that it is a good idea to betray God because you're offended of what God said? How disappointing it is. Anyways, thank you for reading this rant about my hatred of Homestuck.

Here's also the specific part they mention where Homestuck insulted the bible.
In one of the pesterlogs in Act 6 where Jake and Roxy chatting, Roxy, drunkenly, said "***** bible"... How shameful. Insulting the Word of God.

Overall, eventually all Homestuck fans will be converted to Christianity. There will be no more insulting the Word of God, no more pain, no more suffering, as all will have faith alone in Christ Jesus and be washed of all of their sins. That’s the good news for the whole world. Because I remember talking to a Homestuck fan before, and I do not wish for any Homestuck fans to suffer my friends. Or really, any person to suffer. All people, even those who have already died, will gain permanent life and realize that the Word of God is the truth.

Thus, here is my reply
Hello Sailor Writer,

I did not know that Homestuck featured so many of there things. Ultimately, it’s a great shame to see that franchise insult the Bible :sad I have not really read the webcomic that much, so I did not realize that it featured insults towards the Holy Word of God.
Matthew 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

Personally, I think it’s good that you were able to examine that webcomic so that you can rebuke aspects of it that go against Christianity! If you had not told me about these things, I may not have found out about them otherwise. It’s like how a Christian can read mythology so they can rebuke the parts of it that are fake <3. I think it also serves as a good warning for other Christians too, so they can understand what they’re getting themselves into before reading it.
1 John 4:1-3 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

It’s also a great shame to see that the fanbase and the webcomic are anti-christian in the aspects you mention. By evangelizing to them, hopefully there are those who come to realize that Jesus is the only way to Heaven before they die and descend to Sheol for punishment aionion, pertaining to an age.
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

You mention that Homestuck fans called you a “bigot”. I’m sorry that they call you that. For me, you are a very loving person because you tell them the truth, Christianity! That’s true love right there <3. However, what’s interesting is that when I converted a friend of mine to Christianity, here’s what they have to say when it comes to the term “bigot”.

Start Quote
can.of.soup 3/15/2023 1:06 AM
I grew up in an all atheist household, there was no healthy window for learning about religion, and being a gay teenager I always kept the stereotype all Christian’s were bigots, which now I know is a very unhealthy and untrue stereotype to hold
End Quote
Don’t worry, I asked them for their permission to use their messages as quotes and they accepted. But, when us Christians are called “bigots”, it comes from a place of misunderstanding.
2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
The “false god of this world” being the Devil, of course. True love means telling people the truth! So I’m very pleased to hear you sharing Christianity to others my friend. Thus, my friend, to you I say… keep up the great work in spreading the Gospel! :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back