Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How can a person get it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

His reflection

Recently I read in Acts 18:1-6, where Paul acked the believers if there have receive the Holy Spirit since they believe, then he laid hands on them and they got the power. Now what I want to know is how can a person get
the Holy Spirit? and am not talking about the furit of the spirit in Galation but the power that is spoken about in Acts.

His reflection said:
Recently in Acts 18:1-6, where Paul acked the believers if there have receive the Holy Spirit since they believe, then he laid hands on them and they got the power. Now what I want to know is how can a person get
the Holy Spirit? and am not talking about the furit of the spirit in Galation but the power that is spoken about in Acts.

Sputnik: Hmmm ...you're wanting to speak in tongues, eh?

I believe that one receives the HOly Spirit of promise at conversion. The power that comes with that (ie gifts) is up to the Lord to distribute out as he wills.

His reflection said:
Recently I read in Acts 18:1-6, where Paul acked the believers if there have receive the Holy Spirit since they believe, then he laid hands on them and they got the power. Now what I want to know is how can a person get

Acts2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

Entire families recieved the Holy Spirit even infants. One would repent before the entire Church, make a life time confession before the whole body, then be baptised for the remission of sins (remission is like remission of a cancer, cured in the Hospital, The Church) Then recieve the Holy Spirit. Baptism and Annointing happen in the site rite of God. Does this give one alone the authority of God without the Whole? surely not for what can the foot do without the leg? The individual is united to the whole by faith and love. Without the whole the individual is cut off from the life blood of the body. Withering and dying.

Baptism unites one to the body of Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. Reception of the Holy Spirit is the inpartation of the life of the Holy Trinity indwelling His Church.

Orthodoxy

His Reflection- If you really want to receive the Holy Ghost then you must tell the Lord, "I reaally don't understand this, but I want you to make your Spirit real to me." The Bible says, Ask, and ye shall receive. Alot of people on hear don't believe in speaking in tongues but don't be discouraged. The Bible says if you ask for bread, He will not give you a stone. Alot of people don't believe in healing and miracles either but you can have any gift from God. Diligently seek His face. Hope you find that helpful.

von said:
His Reflection- If you really want to receive the Holy Ghost then you must tell the Lord, "I reaally don't understand this, but I want you to make your Spirit real to me." The Bible says, Ask, and ye shall receive. Alot of people on hear don't believe in speaking in tongues but don't be discouraged. The Bible says if you ask for bread, He will not give you a stone. Alot of people don't believe in healing and miracles either but you can have any gift from God. Diligently seek His face. Hope you find that helpful.
Its not that I don't have the Holy Ghost in me, am really talking about the other level.
You know there is the "infilling" and the "baptisim", the first step is to be filled, of cost that happen when I got saved, so I got that covered, I have got the wisdom to explain/use the word of God, sometimes I even amase myself. but I realy want more "the baptism".

I was raised in the Pentecostal church so I know what you are talking about. Just seek the Lord and don't let the devil hiner your thoughts because he will by telling you it's just your own thoughts or maybe epople are right that it is not for today. Just seek the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

His reflection said:
von said:
Its not that I don't have the Holy Ghost in me, am really talking about the other level.
You know there is the "infilling" and the "baptisim", the first step is to be filled, of cost that happen when I got saved, so I got that covered, I have got the wisdom to explain/use the word of God, sometimes I even amase myself. but I realy want more "the baptism".

I believe they are one and the same. When you received the HOly Spirit you also received power from on high. If it's God's will, you will speak in tongues - just ask.

Acts 5:32 tells who it is that receives the Holy Spirit. One thing for sure is, and that is that no one will be saved without Having the Holy Ghost, and no one has the Holy Ghost without OBEDIENCE!

John- Are you from a "Holiness" church? How does one seem to walk in complete obedience? I'm not down playing anything you are saying because I know that the promises of God are to those who are righteaous but from many years of experience I know that there is a certain church that believes when you are a christian that you now live a perfect life. Maybe I am wrong but this seems to be the feeling that I get from you. So, if I may ask just how do you be perfect?

von said:
John- Are you from a "Holiness" church? How does one seem to walk in complete obedience? I'm not down playing anything you are saying because I know that the promises of God are to those who are righteaous but from many years of experience I know that there is a certain church that believes when you are a christian that you now live a perfect life. Maybe I am wrong but this seems to be the feeling that I get from you. So, if I may ask just how do you be perfect?

Hi, John here:
Are you giving God a hard time??? :crying: Acts 5:32 are His Words. If we do not know what He is telling us in the verse, I suggest we are in deep trouble!! Or perhaps you do not understand the Eternal Gospel & Eternal Covenant? Revelation 14:6 & Hebrews 13:20.

The perfection that God requires is not a one time flaw, (of sin) but a 'mature settled in the faith' (Colossians 1:23) Christian life. See 1 John 5:16-17. And in Hebrews 11:13, notice the "d-i-e-d In The Faith" Word, see Romans 8:1 for the "In Christ". This is where we are required to be, when we also pass!

And: No to the "Holiness church" question! :wink:

John- I wasn't being sarcastic, just curious. I know that we have to be Holy to get to Heaven or even to receive the full blessings of God. You just sounded like I heard it years ago in the "Holiness" church that I grew up in. I was just curious, that's all. I'm not saying you are wrong.

Hi, I was replying to a 'post' only. (?) It did not say anything to me personally did it?

Regardless, did you read the verses? James 1:15 is another good one. Unless we rebel against the truth that the Holy Spirit convicts us of, we are 'growing'! Romans 8:14

Yet, if we will not be 'led', (as Cain in Genesis 4:7) we are in the starting stage of the James 1:15 verse. We find new Truth every once in a while, what do we do with it is the question? See Hosea 4:6 for a straight verse!

Even then, we balk many times, for way to long of a time! (you know, one might say that, the 7th day Sabbath, is the old Jewish law, huh?)
But, that is the danger part of being a 'free' Christian. See Luke 12:47-48.

---John

Well, that makes me feel better. I want to be the best Christian I can be but I fall short and sometimes it is hard for me to convince myself that I'll be okay as long as I keep trying and have my heart in the right direction. I agree, I don't believe in being a "free" Christian either.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back