Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Do Atheists Explain The Incomprehensible Variety Of The World's Material Objects?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JAG ..

You go into a Super Walmart Store and you go into a Super Mall, like The Mall Of America, and you look at what is on the shelves.

You pause and reflect upon the numerous varieties of raw materials used to make the hundreds of thousands of material objects found in those stores and in the world at large --- from paper clips to huge ocean going cruise ships and aircraft carriers and Boeing 747's.

You pause and think about the almost unfathomable number of material objects humans have made from the raw materials (eg. steel, copper, iron) that go into the construction of all the infrastructure that makes up all the buildings and skyscrapers in all the cities of the entire world. New York City, London, Atlanta, Paris, Brussels, and many thousands of other cities and towns worldwide. .

You stop and reflect upon the millions of different kinds of material objects that have existed and do now exist throughout the world --- objects that allow us to both do the world's work and to relax and enjoy life.

Do you believe that all that above was produced by non-intelligent natural processes? Many millions of human beings find that to be incredible.

Here are some raw materials and some objects that man made from raw materials. Do you believe that non-intelligent natural processes produced or made possible all of this?

Lead, tin, copper, bauxite, iron ore, raw latex, crude oil, coal, cotton, trees, granite, gems, mercury, zinc, glass, paper clips, rubies, chemicals, potassium, topaz, diamonds, titanium, nickel, plastics, paper, jasper, lumber, natural gas, minerals, steel, corn, grain, gasoline, milk, vegetables, fish, meat, dairy products, fruit, sapphires, cell phones, computers, refrigerators, concrete, etc
`
The world of untold millions of different kinds of raw materials and physical objects made by humans from those raw materials, and the way they co-exist together allowing humans to build the modern world as it exists today --displays a staggering amount of Intelligent Design.
`
Isn't it reasonable to believe that all that up there was produced by an Intelligent Mind?

Do you believe that all that above was produced by non-intelligent natural processes

When one guys into the idea that given enough time and energy anything is possible then yes many countless billions do believe that.

They have not been taught to examine ideas or shown the alternatives.
For many the alternative is so unthinkable that this is perfectly acceptable.

The belief in evolution and it's exalted uncritical status means it is believed even if it damages one own beliefs.

The world of untold millions of different kinds of raw materials and physical objects made by humans from those raw materials, and the way they co-exist together allowing humans to build the modern world as it exists today --displays a staggering amount of Intelligent Design.
`
Isn't it reasonable to believe that all that up there was produced by an Intelligent Mind?
:thumbsup

Last edited:
Do you believe that non-intelligent natural processes produced or made possible all of this?
A non-believer once told me that natural processes have nothing to do with intelligence and that intelligence comes into play when something occurs in the natural world that is contrary to natural processes. The example he gave was walking on the beach with trillions of grains of sand and finding a beach ball and an umbrella. The sand isn't a reflection of intelligent design, but the beach ball and umbrella would be as they stand out.

A non-believer once told me that natural processes have nothing to do with intelligence and that intelligence comes into play when something occurs in the natural world that is contrary to natural processes. The example he gave was walking on the beach with trillions of grains of sand and finding a beach ball and an umbrella. The sand isn't a reflection of intelligent design, but the beach ball and umbrella would be as they stand out.

The Light,

Thanks for your comment.

Just a few thoughts . . .

I have never let go of the Watchmaker Argument. I know that the atheist Richard Dawkins wrote a book titled The Blind Watchmaker which argued that biological evolution explained a man finding a working Rolex Watch in the middle of the Sahara Desert and therefore concluding that there had to be an Intelligent Designer who made the watch.

How so?

Dawkins made the point that the human eye was as complex as a Rolex Watch and that biological evolution working through natural processes created the human eye -- so therefore, said Dawkins, the Watchmaker Argument was no longer a valid argument.

But Richard Dawkins did NOT convince me that his argument was correct. I will go to my grave believing that the God of the Bible is the Intelligent Designer of the Earth and the Universe.

God bless.

PS (this is interesting)
Some Christians believe in Theistic Evolution and one of them made the point that therefore there was a "Blind Watchmaker Watchmaker" --- their point being that Theistic Evolution had now replaced the Rolex Watch and was just as complex as the Rolex Watch. They made that point in an effort to refute the atheist Richard Dawkins' The Blind Watchmaker Argument that tried to eliminate God as the Intelligent Designer of the Universe.

Look at electrons which make computers possible. It can't be argued that billions of years of evolution made electrons useful to create incredible computers and run all of our modern technology. Electrons always had such potential from the moment of creation. Omnificent Intelligent Design!

I read Dawkins' Blind Watchmaker. I found it unconvincing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back