Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Israel Broke the Covenant of the Law

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

I always thought Israel simply sinned. Come to find out I am just a Mississippi redneck with no knowledge at all.

Ok show me how little I knew. Just knock this thread in the head; by explaining what happened.

eddif

About the time I think I can relax in my arrogance the Holy Spirit gets active. Sometimes it is with compassion, but other times there is a little fear to be felt. This time it was a broadside of information that is just way beyond what I have ever thought about. I have an interest in Jews that goes way beyond the normal Gentile way of thinking. I have a job that has been placed on gentiles. Make the Jews jealous and receive their anger. So I wind up doing some praying that is only going to get me in trouble. LOL

Every one may know the answer to this thread but me. I have wondered about King David and his heart after
God. This thread really can speak to that subject in a most interesting way. As can at least one of Job's statements (it matters not the timeframe of Job in one sense). Statements can jump across time.

I want the discussion to be low key, but with passion.

I will give hints if needed.

eddif

How else? They rebelled. They did not keep the covenant of God; they refused to walk in His law, and forgot His works and His wonders that He had shown them" (Psalm 78:10-11)."And may [they] not be like their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation, a generation that did not set its heart aright, and whose spirit was not faithful to God" (verse 8)."Oh, that they had such a heart in them that they would fear Me and always keep all My commandments, that it might be well with them and with their children forever!" (Deuteronomy 5:29).By disobeying God, Israel violated the terms of the covenant. The Israelites simply did not have a desire, commitment or willingness to follow God's ways and instructions. They did what comes naturally for mankind, which is to disobey God (Romans 8:7).

I believe Israel was desolate for like 1,900 years until 1948 came around. The first returning Jews to Palestine came primarily from eastern Arab countries. The next major movement came from the western countries of Europe, especially Germany. Then they came in great numbers from Russia (north) during the end of the 1980's. The last great migrations of Jews returning to Israel came from Ethiopia in the south. This precise order of return was predicted by Isaiah the prophet.

The restoration of the agriculture and of the trees and forests of Israel has been another remarkable miracle. Scarcely 75 years ago, the land was a desolate waste, full of malarial swamps and deserts. Today the replanted forests are flourishing and the Israeli agricultural production is one of the great wonders of the world. This tiny country exports quality produce around the world. Should we say, "Again, just as predicted!"

Last edited:
Asking questions is a sign of humility bro. You're good.
I am in great agony in one sense. All I have at this point is knowledge. Having knowledge alone is kind of useless. Knowledge puffs up but love builds up.
so right now even if the information is shared I do not know how that will apply it to all our needs. It is a great bit of information, but how will it app;y to peoples lives for good. I have this happen often though. If I do not share the information I do not get the rest of the story.

See if you can divide the covenant into major divisions (not: moral, dietary, social, ordinances, commandments (as such). I think it would be divided into three divisions (?). Read the title again.

eddif

This might turn out to be a good thread. But with the points randomly "shotgunned" all over the place... and few ever ending up at a targed designation, it's pretty hard to tell.

It is learning from all aspects of the Law.
This might turn out to be a good thread. But with the points randomly "shotgunned" all over the place... and few ever ending up at a targed designation, it's pretty hard to tell.
i totally agree. I am aware of my lack of being the best quality. The Jewish person totally grafted in;
Is far ahead of a gentile. All I have to read is written by OT & NT Jewish authors. I normally try to avoid commentaries.

If I was really intelligent, then I would really drag this out. If you can help us get to the point please do.

The English singular word riddle is used (9?) times in the KJV. Along with the riddle (actually explained in the passage) is this terrible covenant related action that caused one family great grief. King David understood how to accept the learning process.

eddif

Yeah, it could be a good thread, but hasn't started out well. I don't do "Guess what I'm thinking" kind of laps around the Mulberry bush. If you have something to say about David and the Covenant of Law, how about getting to the point and we'll comment.

I always thought Israel simply sinned. Come to find out I am just a Mississippi redneck with no knowledge at all.

Ok show me how little I knew. Just knock this thread in the head; by explaining what happened.

eddif

The Law was added to the Abrahamic Covenant.

The Children of Israel "transgressed" the Covenant that The Lord made with Abraham and his natural offspring through Isaac and Jacob [Israel].

The Children of Israel were in bondage to the Egyptians and began to serve their gods, and to walk in their ways.

When God set them free, and delivered them from the bondage of the Egyptians, He immediately began to teach them what He taught Abraham as Abraham walked with Him.

But He added the law to point them to Christ.

He added the law to "build a fence" around the Covenant He made with Abraham and his descendants.

He added the law until the Seed should come.

What God wanted from Abraham He wanted with all of Abraham's descendants, TO WALK WITH HIM!

Faith comes by hearing God.

Hearing God as a lifestyle, comes by walking with God as a lifestyle.

This is what Abraham did.

God declared Abraham to be His friend.

Moses walked with God, and received the law BY FAITH, and gave it to the children of Israel.

Saul had to have Samuel hear from God and then Samuel told Saul what God said.

Now David comes on the seen...David has a relationship with God...

JLB

This is roughly where we are headed ( especially the escape from extended punishment -- the straw that set in motion what Jesus did IMHO).

The Law
1. The blessings of the law
2. The curse / curses. ? of the law
A. Benefit of the curse
a. Mercy built into the ultimate curse
b. ?
B. Extended curse of the ultimate curse
a. What is the escape from the extended curse

If anyone already has this direction complete, I can chunk this. I want to work with you.

eddif

The law as a schoolmaster uses examples of the time, Boyle's law is based on fairly simple gas equipment, but can be applied to highly complex equipment. You can demand that every piece of equipment be designed by the strict formulas, or a feller with gut feelings may come up with a newly designed piece of equipment.

Gentiles do not have the law, but do the things the law says ( showing the law is written on their hearts.

What did king David demonstrate he understood and embraced? What did Israel not wish to embrace?

eddif

Yeah, it could be a good thread, but hasn't started out well. I don't do "Guess what I'm thinking" kind of laps around the Mulberry bush. If you have something to say about David and the Covenant of Law, how about getting to the point and we'll comment.

Yep. So far this thread is just a game of 'I've got a secret'.

Yep. So far this thread is just a game of 'I've got a secret'.
I tried to use I've got a secrete to develop my abilities. Trying to figure out that the person blew up truck tire inner tubes, by mouth, till they burst has proved to help my health (respiratory exercise).

Lessons hidden in nature help us know about God. IMHO the sun, moon and light are a perfect example of trinity, but people tend to look over it.

Seek and you will find. Ask and it will be opened to you.

Seeing ourselves as the tabernacle of God allows us to see kidneys in a special way. In fact the appreciation of kidneys is related to David's special relationship to God .

eddif

What was the personality trait of the Jews that went into captivity. Some thing they did allowed them to live to see captivity (be that remnant ).

eddif

The people of Israel did not want to do:
II Chronicles 7:14
Confess sins

Or receive
II Chronicles 7:19-20
Dispersion

What did they do to avoid II Chronicles 7:19-20
(This is the opposite of what King David did as a lifestyle).

eddif

The great eagle, with colored feathers, that
came to take the top branch away from Israel, was really offering mercy (God's mercy).

I did not invent this symbolism, but I as a gentile; am trying to see into what I have been grafted into. I really feel I am being drug where I am going . I have a choice. I can go willingly or under compulsion. Maybe i am half way between the two. I hope to see:
Ezekiel 2:1-2

eddif

The great eagle formed a covenant (with god as a silent partner) with Israel, but she (Israel) chose to seek Egypt to deliver her from the covenant with her God. God would not allow this second opposing covenant and added what to Israel's covenant promise with the Eagle (And God)?

Nothing like partial symbolism. Awake O Israel.

Redneck, Mississippi, gentile (small g) LOL

eddif

Let us look at King David

Really it is quite simple to state why David is an outstanding person. David did not have the Indwelling Holy. Spirit of the New Testament, so David had to be shown his sins.

David would simply confess his sins and receive his punishment without complaining. God would even allow David to choose his punishment. When David went through his punishment he seemed to learn.

David also sought restoration. David sought to help people .

Again though; David did not deny sins. David fit right into the Law , and maybe even went toward the new covenant.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back