Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How to get over not having certain experiences?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
N

nmwriter

I get left out of stuff like wedding parties, baptisms and other events in which people get asked to participate in and feel honored. I will probably never get to be in a wedding party and I will never get to experience something like that. A lot of my friends have been in weddings and I feel like I’m missing out on knowing what it’s like to be honored and be apart of something very important. I have never been asked to be a godparent or similar things. Does anyone have any advice of how to get over not experiencing certain things?

nmwriter said:
I get left out of stuff like wedding parties, baptisms and other events in which people get asked to participate in and feel honored. I will probably never get to be in a wedding party and I will never get to experience something like that. A lot of my friends have been in weddings and I feel like I’m missing out on knowing what it’s like to be honored and be apart of something very important. I have never been asked to be a godparent or similar things. Does anyone have any advice of how to get over not experiencing certain things?

You feel left out. Not sure how to get over that, but I think you can find good ways to deal with it.

People have reasons and motives for picking and choosing friends for things that are not always admirable. Can you think of any reason you think you may have been left out of something? Do you have very close friends who have left you out of an important event?

Nmwriter,

You are not alone. This is something I have struggled with myself. Sometimes I still do. Remember, you are a child of God. A creation of the Heavenly Father made in His image. So never question your worth. Share these feelings with God in prayer, share with Him the yearnings of your heart, if it is meant to be it will be. For our God is a loving and gracious God.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

May God Bless You

I think the first step is to forget about the things you dont have or havent experienced but give God praise and thanks for the things you do have and you have experienced. When we are thankfull for little, I believe God will bless us with much more. I personally try to make it a priority in my life each day just to give God thanks for everything he has given me and every good thing I have experienced knowing that there will be an increase in the future instead of sobbing over what I dont have. For me, I want a wife someday and it has been something that has bothered me for awhile, and at times I have continually grieved myself over those things I dont have instead of giving praise to God for the things I do have. Remember to seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33.

I believe seeking the kingdom of God is not only giving up your life to his calling but also thanking him each and every day for his goodness.

JohnEboy1983 said:
I think the first step is to forget about the things you dont have or havent experienced but give God praise and thanks for the things you do have and you have experienced. When we are thankfull for little, I believe God will bless us with much more. I personally try to make it a priority in my life each day just to give God thanks for everything he has given me and every good thing I have experienced knowing that there will be an increase in the future instead of sobbing over what I dont have. For me, I want a wife someday and it has been something that has bothered me for awhile, and at times I have continually grieved myself over those things I dont have instead of giving praise to God for the things I do have. Remember to seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33.

I believe seeking the kingdom of God is not only giving up your life to his calling but also thanking him each and every day for his goodness.

Amen!

I wish we had some sort of rep system. :shrug

nmwriter said:
Hi. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

I think the answer is to reevaluate your life and yourself and look at why these kinds of things are important to you. In truth the world says these things are something but they are nothing. Are they eternal? Do they have anything to do with the calling of God on your life or your eternal purposes in God? They are just things that yes our flesh likes to long for and put up on a pedestal of things to expereience but in truth they are nothing and likley if you were apart of them you would find them much empiter then you imagine them to be.

Set your mind on things above and you will be blessed in all things.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back