Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study How to memorize the bible permanently?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Besides John 3:16, I never seems to be able to memorize the bible in a permanent way. Yes, I can memorize it for 1 day, 2 days, even a week, but after one year, I will probably forget about it. The only verse I can quote to this day without referring to the bible is John 3:16 only.
How to solve that problem? What can I do to remember the scripture long term instead of short term?
I am using the NIV 1984. I like this version rather than the new version of NIV which I feel changes God's Word to be more gender-inclusive. I don't like that. I try reading the KJV, cannot understand the older day english. Try ESV, and it is too difficult for me as well.
I like the NIV 1984 best but it is not in production these days. I don't know where to get a new NIV 1984 after my bible wears out. Therefore, I am hoping to commit the NIV 1984 bible to my memory.
What are some tips you can give me to memorize the bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back