Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Humbling experience - Please pray for my wife

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Danus

Could use some extra prayer for my wife as she searches for a new job.

Quick back ground, my wife worked for a major company for 21 years and was laid off last spring. It will be a year in April. She has taken some well deserved time off and has been getting back into the job hunt for the first time in 21 years just a few months ago. It has been difficult for her getting started, going on a few interviews and especialy not getting call backs and such. All the things associated with finding work.

She is highly experienced at what she does, but she is learning that she will most likely not be jumping back into her old pay and position.

Please pray for her continued encouragement and her ongoing understanding that God is in control of this situation for a great reason; and that she may continue to faithfully walk with our Lord though this uncertain, but hopefully exciting time and time to come.

Yes, this is a tough economy to be job-hunting in. My boss put an add on craigslist for a position that opened in our company and received a couple-hundred responses within a day. Only three were qualified. Everybody is putting in for every position. This compounds the problem, as employers have to sift through tons of resumes and often disqualify them at a glance.

Make sure her resumes are very focused and streamlined towards the job she's applying for.

God, please help this lady find employment in this tough economy. Bless her efforts and give her peace and confidence that You love her and have her best interests in mind. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back