Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Husbands afraid of their Wives

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Tina

Why are some husbands afraid of their wives ? :rollingpin ... Is it Biblical ?? ... :chin

I had a meeting with my church leader yesterday and he seemed to be rushing the meeting and constantly looking at his watch because his wife told him he has to end the meeting and be back home by a certain time.

Another friend of mine is afraid to eat too much when his wife is around because his wife thinks he is fat and wants him to cut down on eating. But without his wife around, he eats anything.

And yet another friend has to lie to his wife sometimes about his purchases because he's afraid that his wife will nag at him if she thinks he's spending too much.

Now, all of these couples are Christians ..... :shrug :shame

Any husbands here who are afraid of your wife, if so why ?

Any wives here who have husbands that are afraid of you, if so why ?

Is this biblical standards ? ... Is it good to be a nagging wife or a fearful husband ??

:scared

no, its not, i try not to be timid in this area but i have been and still are in some areas.

in america we raise weak men and manly women.

jasoncran said:
no, its not, i try not to be timid in this area but i have been and still are in some areas.

:rolling

This is so true

Although isn't it the business of the Couple :confused

Oats said:
jasoncran said:

This is so true

the the secular humanist and the feminists have indoctrinated many to do this. ever notice that men in most tv shows are portrayed as stupid when in the role of the father.

jasoncran said:
Oats said:
jasoncran said:

This is so true

the the secular humanist and the feminists have indoctrinated many to do this. ever notice that men in most tv shows are portrayed as stupid when in the role of the father.

Yeah thats true, I know what the Bible says of women...but you hardly see this in the media. :bigfrown

I'm VERY passionate about this subject. I cannot STAND manbashing and women usurping authority from men!! That type of behavior is born of the WORLD system, NOT THE KINGDOM OF GOD!! I was born again in a church that taught THE WORD, not opinions!! COMMANDMENTS, not suggestions!! The BIGGEST problem in the church today is that the majority of Christians are almost ENTIRELY IGNORANT OF GOD'S WORD!! Women are to submit to and respect their husbands and men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church. The following scriptures bear this out:

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; - Ephesians 5:25 KJV

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; AND THE HEAD OF THE WOMAN IS MAN; and the head of Christ is God. - 1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. - Ephesians 5:28 KJV

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, AS UNTO THE LORD. - Ephesians 5:22 KJV

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in EVERY THING. - Ephesians 5:24 KJV

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, AS IS FIT IN THE LORD. - Colossians 3:18 KJV

COULD THESE SCRIPTURES BE ANY MORE CLEAR?!?!?! Even if your husband is wrong, God will reward you for your obedience to His Word if you just submit to him anyway!! If your husband makes a decision you don't agree with, and it creates a disaster, don't worry!!! God will clean it up!! You just do your job and submit (unless your husband is suggesting something totally against God's Word) and watch what God will do!! He makes EVERYTHING beautiful in His time (Ecclessiastes 3:11) and causes EVERYTHING to work out for the good of them who LOVE Him and who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28)!! And if you LOVE Him, you will OBEY him!! "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments" - 1 John 2:3 KJV. None of us will be perfect in obedience, we all make mistakes, but generally speaking, we should be keeping His commandments on a regular basis...that is the ONLY PROOF that we love God!!

I am not married and I know it is easier said than done, but do it we must!!! We have to crucify our flesh in ALL areas, regardless of how we feel about it!! We are all works in progress, but we must PARTICIPATE in being conformed to the image of Jesus!! Jesus took upon Himself the form of a servant, and HE'S GOD!! We must do the same!

This is one of my all time favorite quotes that I recently posted on facebook:

"In every man there is both a fool and a king. The one you talk to is the one who will respond." - Dr. Mike Murdock

Ladies, stop talking to the fool and start talking to the king!! You have the power to bring out the king in your husband with your words!! If you treat him as a fool he will act as a fool, but if you treat him like a king, that king WILL emerge!! It may not happen overnight, but it will happen!! And sometimes it happens INSTANTLY!! I've seen it!! Give it a try and just WATCH what God will do!!!

I am also not a fan of putting all blame on the woman. Yes, there certainly are women out there who are very dominant, I am not denying that. But I have also seen where for men it seems to be the norm to act like the wife is the "ball and chain" even if she is not. I have known women who were completely submissive 100%, and yet the way their men spoke you'd think the woman wore the pants. All through our society we have terms like "ball and chain". Men think they are being funny in joking in that manner, but to be honest, I feel it is disrespectful to their wife-- especially when the wife is submissive and it is far from the truth of the house. Husbands bashing their wives seems to be the norm in many circles. When we hear men complaining, I think we should not be quick to jump to assumptions about the marriage unless we really know what is going on first hand.

Interesting conversation. I have noticed that many men crawl out from underneath their mothers skirt just long enough to find a wife to take care of them and mother them. I have a fiend who acts this way. I can't tell if she is actually so strict and he likes it or he uses her an a very convenient excuse.

I have used my wife as an excuse too. If I don't want to hang out with so and so I will just say my wife man she really will be mad if I don't get home.

I'm a woman. So as a woman, I take the responsibility that in MINE. I cannot take my MATE'S responsibility (not that I have one, but I'm 35 years old, I've been in plenty of relationships). I control what **I** can control (and the only thing I can really control is my choice to be obedient to God's Word). In my personal experience, I don't hear a lot of husbands bashing wives. Maybe I just don't know enough married men, lol. But the topic of this post is dominant WOMEN, which is why I've chosen to concentrate on that.

The ability to submit to authority is of PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE if you want to be a DISCIPLE of Jesus Christ. "DISCIPLE" is the key word here!! You can be a Christian and not be a disciple, sadly. Jesus Himself submitted to the Father in all things. There is a hierarchy even in the Godhead, though all are equal, there is still an internal order to it.

There is also a difference between being submissive and being a doormat. Being a doormat involves false humility. Being submissive involves knowing who you are in Christ and being secure in Him. False humility will get you nowhere. Truly submitting by the grace of God and His anointing will get you EVERYWHERE. Not just in marriage, but in life itself. A man who is reverenced in a spirit of true love and humility will react in kind and will choose to submit to his wife as well. But the CHOICE to submit is HIS. If she has an idea and presents it as a demand, she may get her way, but she dishonors her husband and more importantly she dishonors GOD. However, if she addresses her husband humbly (you cannot be submissive w/o humility, not TRULY submissive) and with reverence and respect for him, he will often go with it just b/c of the way in which it was presented to him. Now that's not an invitation for wives to start manipulating their husbands b/c true submission does not manipulate.

I watch "Marriage Today" with Jimmy and Karen Evans fairly frequently and Jimmy always says that a woman's deepest need is for security, and a man's deepest need is for respect. I have found this to be almost universally true. They had a HORRIBLE marriage for like 20 years and then they sought God and He restored them as they began to learn and obey His Word. It's a great show, I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I feel like I'm on a bridge to nowhere, lol. I don't have a final "point" in this post. These are just my thoughts.

Tina said:

Why are some husbands afraid of their wives ? :rollingpin ... Is it Biblical ?? ... :chin

I had a meeting with my church leader yesterday and he seemed to be rushing the meeting and constantly looking at his watch because his wife told him he has to end the meeting and be back home by a certain time.

Another friend of mine is afraid to eat too much when his wife is around because his wife thinks he is fat and wants him to cut down on eating. But without his wife around, he eats anything.

And yet another friend has to lie to his wife sometimes about his purchases because he's afraid that his wife will nag at him if she thinks he's spending too much.

Now, all of these couples are Christians ..... :shrug :shame

Any husbands here who are afraid of your wife, if so why ?

Any wives here who have husbands that are afraid of you, if so why ?

Is this biblical standards ? ... Is it good to be a nagging wife or a fearful husband ??

:scared

In the first example, your church leader could have worked this out with her ahead of time because either he, she or both wanted the meeting to end on time and she 'took the heat.' Maybe it had been a long day or they had something they wanted or needed to do. Couples often help each other out in such ways, you know.

In the second, maybe he needs to eat a little less - or a bit healthier - at times, and she's just trying to help him stay on track.

In the third, whenever one person in a marriage feels the need to hide some purchases, it has been my experience that the hider often has a history of spending more than he or she should - usually on a specific item, interest or hobby. Hiding purchases usually indicates some guilty feelings. My wife and I agreed long ago to be transparent and fair with one another wih spending. We never (okay, extremely rarely - can't remember the last time, it's been so long) argue about money, and that is indeed a nice thing.

You know these folks, I don't, just pointing out that often things look different outside a marriage than from within. Two sides to every marriage story.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back