Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Husbands Are Not To Worship Their Wives.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And the law is written on our heart. Jeremiah 31:31

Jeremiah 31:31-33, “Indeed, a time is coming,” says the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. It will not be like the old covenant that I made with their ancestors when I delivered them from Egypt. For they violated that covenant, even though I was like a faithful husband to them,” says the Lord. “But I will make a new covenant with the whole nation of Israel after I plant them back in the land,” says the Lord. “I will put my law within them and write it on their hearts and minds. I will be their God and they will be my people."

Notice that his applies to the whole nation of Israel after God plants them back in the land. Taking it out of context distorts the meaning.

BTW, I fail to see how this relates to the OP: husbands are not to worship their wives.

Thank God that we're not living in the bronze age! Even though you're into sexism, there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus.

BTW, do you realize that we have moved beyond Torah? Jesus is the Living Word.
Did Jesus quote the Torah quite a bit? Yes?

Do you realize "We" should regard women as did Men in the Bible?

And King David had sex with a married woman and then had her husband murdered. That isn’t how God wants his people to behave.

Listen, the Bible is full of people not acting in accordance with Gods will. It shows us all have sinned.

We can sit here all day long and throw rocks at by biblical figures and even ourselves. But just because we find genuine issues of behavior in the Bible doesn’t mean God approves.

Let’s talk about how God views women and his instruction to men on how we are to both view and treat them. Only then can we look at our own inadequacies and strive to be better people.

Right now you have not shown any passage to support your opening statement. Your opening statement at this point is simply chit chat and not founded on Biblical instruction.
Is it okay to chit chat? I am doing my best to learn.

Blessings.

BTW, I fail to see how this relates to the OP: husbands are not to worship their wives.
It relates to the OP as much as your initial comment did.
BTW, do you realize that we have moved beyond Torah? Jesus is the Living Word.
I am asking Jacob to search the Torah and you are working against me here. Yes, Jesus is the living word. According to John Jesus is the word made flesh.

On no point does Jesus contradict the Torah. And on no point does Jesus abolish the Torah. Jesus and Paul are in unity with Torah. They are not pitted against it as so many Christians propagate otherwise.

As far as Jer 31:31 it is speaking of the Messiah, Jesus. Jesus affirmed this on the night of his betrayal when he lifted the cup.

It relates to the OP as much as your initial comment did.

I am asking Jacob to search the Torah and you are working against me here. Yes, Jesus is the living word. According to John Jesus is the word made flesh.

On no point does Jesus contradict the Torah. And on no point does Jesus abolish the Torah. Jesus and Paul are in unity with Torah. They are not pitted against it as so many Christians propagate otherwise.

As far as Jer 31:31 it is speaking of the Messiah, Jesus. Jesus affirmed this on the night of his betrayal when he lifted the cup.
I was thinking, how about if you search the Torah as an example for others to follow. Good idea? Leadership?

I was thinking, how about if you search the Torah as an example for others to follow. Good idea? Leadership?
With all due respect, the onus is not on me to disprove your OP. You hold the responsibility to prove your OP by the use of scripture or you concede your point.

If you are sincere in what Torah teaches women, Perhaps a good starting point would be to learn what Jewish women believe on the matter. You may very well find this enlightening.

With all due respect, the onus is not on me to disprove your OP. You hold the responsibility to prove your OP by the use of scripture or you concede your point.

If you are sincere in what Torah teaches women, Perhaps a good starting point would be to learn what Jewish women believe on the matter. You may very well find this enlightening.

Perhaps not all threads need to be proven with Scripture. New thought today maybe?

Regards.

Perhaps not all threads need to be proven with Scripture. New thought today maybe?

Regards.
Well, if somebody is going to come in and say the Bible instructs a particular view, then they should be able to give scriptural backing.

Ive personally never much cared for debate. For me, it’s not about winning arguments. Instead, it’s about drawing us closer to God and having a better understanding how God wants us to live.

Im not sure how you formed the views on women that you’ve expressed, but none of us are perfect and none of us have perfect relationships. God instructs us how to have better marriages and in doing so, we give glory to God and there is harmony within a home.

Men and women were not created equal. But the male is not greater than the female nor the female greater than the male. Together a male and female compliment one another.

Fir anyone that’s experience a sour relationship, don’t give up. Try and be the best person in Christ you can be.

Well, if somebody is going to come in and say the Bible instructs a particular view, then they should be able to give scriptural backing.

Ive personally never much cared for debate. For me, it’s not about winning arguments. Instead, it’s about drawing us closer to God and having a better understanding how God wants us to live.

Im not sure how you formed the views on women that you’ve expressed, but none of us are perfect and none of us have perfect relationships. God instructs us how to have better marriages and in doing so, we give glory to God and there is harmony within a home.

Men and women were not created equal. But the male is not greater than the female nor the female greater than the male. Together a male and female compliment one another.

Fir anyone that’s experience a sour relationship, don’t give up. Try and be the best person in Christ you can be.
Is there a hierarchy within a Godly marriage? Should any aspect of marriage be driven by gender specific hormones?

Back