Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am a Buddhist.And want to be a jesus follower!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Welcome to the forum jesus lover ! :wave2

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
And there’s still time to change the road you’re on"

I am a Buddhist.And want to become a jesus follower! :)
Good for you jesus lover.
Once you know Jesus is pleased when we follow His command to love sinners as He does which includes correction but not condemnation, then you'll know why He sits as Judge.

Buddhism is merely feel good atheism. Rebirth by being born again and again and until the sinner reaches enlightenment.

The Bibles' way is much quicker,

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” Jn.3:3 NLT

No one can live forever; all will die.
No one can escape the power of the grave. Psa.89:48 NLT

Except Jesus so let your Lama pals know.
If you can let Dailai know this is only his first time around and if he has anything to say in reverence to Jesus say it before his life is planted.
There's only one harvest per human.

Hi jesus lover and welcome to CF :wave2

Each one of us had to make that decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Faith in Jesus comes by hearing the word of God as His word not only convicts us that we are a sinner, but that He gave His only begotten Son Jesus to come into the world that all can be saved. I feel the Holy Spirit is speaking to your heart trying to lead you down the right path as Jesus said He is the way, the truth and the life that all who will come to Him will have eternal life with Him and the Father. I would suggest reading the book of John in the Bible before you read anything else as this will help you understand who Jesus is and what our relationship to Him is all about.

There is a Question & Answer forum that you can feel free to ask any questions and we will help you the best we can.
God bless you on your journey to discover Jesus as It's the only path to follow, especially when there are over 5000 different religions in the world all claiming they hold all truths. It's a personal choice as Jesus is our personal Lord and Savior.

Hey All,
If you are serious Jesus lover, I can take you through the sinner's prayer. But I want you to understand what we are doing, and why we do it.

1. All have sinned.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

2. We have no righteousness within ourselves.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

3. Unforgiven sin leads to death.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

4. God provides a way for us, through His Son Jesus Christ, to have our sins forgiven, and have everlasting life. (Salvation)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

5. Jesus will provide forgiveness, and salvation, if we receive Him into our lives.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

6. When Jesus enters our lives, He cleanses us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

7. Once we are cleansed, we are, in Christ, new creatures.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

How do we get there? If we are truly repentant, here is a simple prayer asking for forgiveness.

Jesus, I know that I am not where I should be with You. I repent of my sins, and ask You come into my life; and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Thank You Jesus. Amen.

Congratulations, and welcome to the family.
If we have done this, we have become new creatures.
Now you need to read about what has happened. I recommend two books in the Bible from which to start. The gospel of John to begin to understand who Jesus is. I also recommend reading 1 John to understand what being a believer means. There is also another benefit for reading 1 John.

1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

And who doesn't want their joy to be full?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Well we have a wittle potty mouth don't we? Don't we feel special? My wittle man can use four wetter words now.

Clean up on aisle 7 please.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

if you want to become Christian you first you have to leave Buddhism behind believe me I know how it's the devil trying to trick you into following him reject the devil become Christian get baptized and learn more about Jesus the devil tricked me of late I let my head go to places i shouldn't go, but I am asked for forgiveness from God

Romans 3:10-18 (ESV)
10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Romans 3:23-25
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith...

Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9-13
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 4:12
12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

1 John 5:11-13
11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Revelation 3:20
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Help me out.

You say "I want to become a Jesus follower".

Then why do you not come to Christ as accept Him as your Saviour????

Romans 10:17........"Believe in your heart and say with your mouth that Jesus is the Christ"!

Do that and then being aa Buddist will be easy to walk away from.

Hi jesus lover

Praying what I have written below will help you make that decision to surrender all of yourself to Christ as you allow Him to help transform you into a new creation in Christ Jesus. :pray

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

REPENT - change, transform, transfigure, reconsider

Repentance gives us that opportunity to receive a new beginning in our life as God wipes away all our past sins and remembers them no more. Repentance allows the door to be opened for Christ to come into our lives so we may receive his Holy Spirit to help guide us in our walk with the Lord and to show us a life that is pleasing to the Father. It’s through the Holy Spirit that we come into a better understanding of Gods word by allowing His Spirit to teach us all things we need to know for the purpose and time of ministry to ourselves and to others.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 for the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

GRACE - undeserved, unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us His power and ability even though we do not deserve it

Jesus came to show us how to overcome the sin nature of the world by teaching us how to live a moral life compatible with the word of God. Jesus gave of himself for all of us and redeemed us from the curse of sin by taking all our sin upon him becoming the final blood sacrifice for his love towards everyone who will believe on his name. When we come to Jesus it is Gods grace that forgives our sins and remembers them no more. Sin will always be present with us because the flesh will always sin for that is its nature, but when we ask Jesus into our hearts we also receive at that same moment the gift of the Holy Spirit which teaches us how to separate ourselves from the ungodliness and lusts of this world. We may have to live in this world, but as a child of God we are not part of this world because our inner man, or heart, has now become renewed in the Spirit of God and is sinless through the grace of God.

Titus 2:11 for the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Mercy - Moves with compassion, Gods unconditional love towards us

Mercy and grace go hand in hand as it is all Gods willingness to love us unconditionally. God loves all his creation as we are all created in his image of love, but have chosen to reject that love through freewill. There are many horrendous things people have done in their lives that society has deemed these type of people unlovable and sinners unworthy of Gods mercy. Thieves, murderers, adulterers, prostitutes, etc. etc. are all loved by God and made in his image of love, but have fallen from grace through their own freewill as we all have many times in our lives as we know Gods word has said we have all sinned and fell short of his glory. Remember there is no such thing as a little sin as sin is sin. Even these type of people that society has already condemned can return to Gods grace as mercy already loves them and God will forgive anything we have done in life, thus God saying he is not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance.

Matthew 5:7 blessed is the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Help me out.

You say "I want to become a Jesus follower".

Then why do you not come to Christ as accept Him as your Saviour????

Romans 10:17........"Believe in your heart and say with your mouth that Jesus is the Christ"!

Do that and then being aa Buddist will be easy to walk away from.
Hi jesus lover

Praying what I have written below will help you make that decision to surrender all of yourself to Christ as you allow Him to help transform you into a new creation in Christ Jesus. :pray

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

REPENT - change, transform, transfigure, reconsider

Repentance gives us that opportunity to receive a new beginning in our life as God wipes away all our past sins and remembers them no more. Repentance allows the door to be opened for Christ to come into our lives so we may receive his Holy Spirit to help guide us in our walk with the Lord and to show us a life that is pleasing to the Father. It’s through the Holy Spirit that we come into a better understanding of Gods word by allowing His Spirit to teach us all things we need to know for the purpose and time of ministry to ourselves and to others.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:39 for the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

GRACE - undeserved, unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us His power and ability even though we do not deserve it

Jesus came to show us how to overcome the sin nature of the world by teaching us how to live a moral life compatible with the word of God. Jesus gave of himself for all of us and redeemed us from the curse of sin by taking all our sin upon him becoming the final blood sacrifice for his love towards everyone who will believe on his name. When we come to Jesus it is Gods grace that forgives our sins and remembers them no more. Sin will always be present with us because the flesh will always sin for that is its nature, but when we ask Jesus into our hearts we also receive at that same moment the gift of the Holy Spirit which teaches us how to separate ourselves from the ungodliness and lusts of this world. We may have to live in this world, but as a child of God we are not part of this world because our inner man, or heart, has now become renewed in the Spirit of God and is sinless through the grace of God.

Titus 2:11 for the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;
Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Titus 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Mercy - Moves with compassion, Gods unconditional love towards us

Mercy and grace go hand in hand as it is all Gods willingness to love us unconditionally. God loves all his creation as we are all created in his image of love, but have chosen to reject that love through freewill. There are many horrendous things people have done in their lives that society has deemed these type of people unlovable and sinners unworthy of Gods mercy. Thieves, murderers, adulterers, prostitutes, etc. etc. are all loved by God and made in his image of love, but have fallen from grace through their own freewill as we all have many times in our lives as we know Gods word has said we have all sinned and fell short of his glory. Remember there is no such thing as a little sin as sin is sin. Even these type of people that society has already condemned can return to Gods grace as mercy already loves them and God will forgive anything we have done in life, thus God saying he is not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance.

Matthew 5:7 blessed is the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Exodus 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
if you want to become Christian you first you have to leave Buddhism behind believe me I know how it's the devil trying to trick you into following him reject the devil become Christian get baptized and learn more about Jesus the devil tricked me of late I let my head go to places i shouldn't go, but I am asked for forgiveness from God
Romans 3:10-18 (ESV)
10 as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands; no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Romans 3:23-25
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith...

Romans 6:23
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9-13
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.
11 For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.
13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Acts 4:12
12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

1 John 5:11-13
11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

Revelation 3:20
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Guys, so you understand, "Jesus Lover" was banned from this forum months ago for falsely impersonating a Christian when he was more often in the habit of making favorable references to practicing witchcraft than loving Jesus.

He will not be responding, so no need posting him replies.

Just thought you might want to know.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Guys, so you understand, "Jesus Lover" was banned from this forum months ago for falsely impersonating a Christian when he was more often in the habit of making favorable references to practicing witchcraft than loving Jesus.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him
Good to know!!! Thanks!

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him
Thank you.

Back