Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need prayer

• Thread starter RemembertheStorm
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
R

RemembertheStorm

This summer, one of my best friends died in a car accident. He was 17 and was the passenger. It was a freak car accident only involving one car. They were on a dirt road trying to get back to the interstate and ending up losing control, flipping, hitting a tree and the car caught on fire. My friend was killed instantly. The driver was unconsious and flown to a burn center, he did not make it either. It has been really hard coping with his death and trying to accept it. Sometimes I can still almost convince myself that he's still alive. I find it hard to pray and to praise God. This boy was such a good boy. He didn't smoke/drink/party stuff like that. I just don't understand why God took away these 2 incredible boys. I'm so close to his family and to see the hurt of his parents and little brother and sister is sickening. Please pray for me to have strength and for their families. Also pray that I find God in the midest of this storm, because right now I feel lonely and with nothing but questions.

RTS, take a look at my signature verse, and really read it. I hope you will and truly let the words settle on your heart. Perhaps you could share them if the moment presents itself and you are led. This verse was one in particular that helped me through some pretty hard times.

Some important and powerful Truths are contained within the Doxology. God is wise. Not only as we call another person wise, but He is pure wisdom - Wise. And he has ultimate Authority over all of creation. He sees the line, while we see the point, and His Ways are far beyond our comprehension. No one has ever known the mind of the Lord, let alone me. And I deserve nothing, yet He has given me so much. We go through so much strife here on earth, but these truths will bring finality to His plan, and one day, we will understand, when we meet Him face to Face.

Prayers to you and all for the peace amidst this storm. :pray :pray :pray

Thank you for the prayers. I'm just really confused right now. I want to praise God and love him with everything I have, and sometimes I really do, then I remember what happened and my heart shuts down.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back