Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If Biden Can't Get Trump Jailed, What Else Can He Do To Save His Floundering Presidency ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Conviction could cost Trump key votes, polls show, but until then his trial doesn't seem to change minds​

Voters suggested their views on the New York case match their opinions of him.
ByTal Axelrod
May 6, 2024, 9:49 AM

His caregivers must have a plan B ?
What could it be?

Hi Consecrated Life

Personally, I'd say just keep doing what he's been doing. I rather imagine that once all the sordid details have been scrutinized in the light, that Grump will likely not be able to pull together enough non-MAGA voters to pull off a national win. But we'll see. He couldn't do it last time.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

Personally, I'd say just keep doing what he's been doing. I rather imagine that once all the sordid details have been scrutinized in the light, that Grump will likely not be able to pull together enough non-MAGA voters to pull off a national win. But we'll see. He couldn't do it last time.

God bless,
Ted
You believe that if there was nicer more popular person running against Biden instead of the Trump Monster , then Biden's polling would be better ?
Please explain the logic of that ?

You believe that if there was nicer more popular person running against Biden instead of the Trump Monster , then Biden's polling would be better ?
Hi Consecrated Life

Is that what you gleaned from my comment? Please explain the logic of that.

You see, you and I have different eyes. I don't see the current administration as floundering. It seems to me that governance in the nation's capital, excepting all of the performance noise of a few radical MAGA republicans, is going along pretty well. The budget is moving along. The debt issue, for the time being, has been handled. We're getting legislation passed that maintains our general desire to see the world work in a more democratic manner. The economy is still rolling along pretty strong. Yes, there are some concerns with the issue of 'how' we're going to address the issue of abortion and also the LGBTQ+++++, however many other letters you care to assign to that group, getting to be heard as a part of the lifestyle of some of our citizens.

But for me, those are all personal matters that each one has to decide whether they are going to be a part of it or not. I won't be encouraging anyone to get an abortion. I won't be having sexual relations with men. But I'm fully aware that there are, in a society of 330 million people, a lot of different places along that line where people stand on those issues. I know of long standing republicans, who after finding that one of their family members is gay or somehow sexually confused, that then aren't quite so strong in making their position known because they know that it is going to mean that their family gets torn apart.

But for me, God's word still stands and He is still the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of life. That isn't affected by the various and sundry laws of men and what they allow. I've also been fairly warned that this is exactly how things are supposed to be going as we march inexorably into the very last days. Not only will they be doing these wicked things, Paul writes to us, but others will be giving approval of them. Friend, that's exactly what we're seeing. God's word is true! Do you believe in your mind that you're going to fight some good fight and make God's word not true? That you're going to rise up a power among the nations that's going to turn the world back to God and none of these things that Paul wrote about is really going to continue?

But as far as the governance of our nation, most things seem to be running along fairly smoothly. I understand that just because abortion is a legal medical procedure, doesn't mean that I have to approve of or participate in something that I don't approve of. I understand that just because the nation has a fairly large group that is sexually confused, doesn't mean that I have to be. I also understand that the Scriptures don't ever seem to give any kind of assurance or prophetic word that the world is going to get better and overcome the sin of its people.

But as far as the governance of our nation. Most things seem to be running along fairly smoothly. Much better than it was under the last administration. People are actually doing their jobs and not trying to belittle themselves by groveling before some want to be dictator who is pretty much the dumbest man of any notoriety that I know. But this is the United States of America and you're free to see it as you will. You're free to vote for the person that you think will be best for the future of our government.

For me, that person isn't Grump. And honestly, it hasn't been Grump since long before all of this activity regarding his breaking of the laws and norms of our nation. He just is not a nice person and I don't see any benefit in having such a wickedly evil man running the country. I have never pulled the lever for Grump. In fact, for me, I see Grump as the one who is more likely to destroy the existing fabric of our national government. Now, you may see that as some good thing. I don't.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

Is that what you gleaned from my comment? Please explain the logic of that.

God bless,
Ted
You based Biden's improving chances to win upon more sordid details of Trump's being exposed .

Hi Consecrated Life

.... once all the sordid details have been scrutinized in the light, that Grump will likely not be able to pull together enough non-MAGA voters to pull off a national win.

God bless,
Ted
A view that by definition makes any improvement in Biden's chances of winning dependent upon exposure of Trump's
"sordid details", not on anything he can do himself.
All they can do with him now is keep him out of sight as much as possible:

"Biden campaign touts keeping president's speeches shorter: 'Quality over quantity'

The Biden campaign's Quentin Fulks said the smaller, shorter appearances would be easier for voters to tap in to"

Admitting that only by dragging down Trump can Biden improve his chances.
The part I can't figure is if you are running against a literal Hitler grade monster like Trump and you still at this late date have yet to expose enough sordid details of the monster to seal the deal for your guy , what kind of shape would Biden be in if Trump had decided not to run and he was squaring up against a non-monster ?
What does the fact that right now at very best he is running neck and neck with a literal Hitler ?
Given that fact how do you figure he would be doing better against nice person who doesn't say mean things ?

You based Biden's improving chances to win upon more sordid details of Trump's being exposed .
Well no, not exactly. What I said was that Grump's numbers would go down as we find out more about his legal issues. But yes, that does mean that Pres. Biden's numbers would go up because of such news.
A view that by definition makes any improvement in Biden's chances of winning dependent upon exposure of Trump's
"sordid details", not on anything he can do himself.
No, I really don't think that there's anything that Grump can do to help himself. He's stepped in the pooh, so to speak. As I said, I didn't say that Pres. Biden needed to 'do' anything to improve his chances. That's your argument to make. I think I was pretty clear that I appreciate the way that the executive office is running now, vs. the way it was running six years ago.
Admitting that only by dragging down Trump can Biden improve his chances.
Well no. Grump did his own dragging down. No one forced him to refuse to give back the documents when asked for them. No one made him pay some woman $130,000 to hide an affair that he had with her. No one made his accountant cook the books and grossly misvalue assets. The only person dragging Grump down is Grump. He's a liar and a grifter and he has been all of his adult life. It's now catching up to him. That's one of the reasons I think he's insanely stupid. He did all this for his pride and it always goeth before a fall.

He threw his hat in the greatest political office in the world and he doesn't have a clue what to do. It was all, and is still all, about his pride and ego. And not only will they do these things, but they will approve of those who do them.

God bless,
Ted

I think I was pretty clear that I appreciate the way that the executive office is running now, vs. the way it was running six years ago.
steve-harvey.gif

No one forced him to refuse to give back the documents when asked for them. No one made him pay some woman $130,000 to hide an affair that he had with her. No one made his accountant cook the books and grossly misvalue assets. The only person dragging Grump down is Grump. He's a liar and a grifter and he has been all of his adult life. It's now catching up to him. That's one of the reasons I think he's insanely stupid. He did all this for his pride and it always goeth before a fall.

He threw his hat in the greatest political office in the world and he doesn't have a clue what to do. It was all, and is still all, about his pride and ego. And not only will they do these things, but they will approve of those who do them.

God bless,
Ted
Well then the crooked , Evil , much hated Trump is the perfect candidate for Biden to run against .
Correct ?
Easy win against a virtual criminal minded. mean spirited, convicted sex offender & strident racist right ?
Help me understand your obsession to get him out of the race then ?
Why would you want to run against a decent human being rather than an ugly , mean., monster , with Biden already sucking in the polls against a monster ?
Please explain ?
How is the table is not set perfectly for a Biden win at this point running against a virtual Hitler ?
Yet I don't detect any sense of relax on the democrat side.
How could Biden ever poll any better than his current deplorable 37% against a decent , kind , non-criminal , non-monster ?

Well then the crooked , Evil , much hated Trump is the perfect candidate for Biden to run against .
Correct ?
Hi Consecrated Life

Uh, if you say so. I just see that the choice I'm likely to have on who will get to lead the nation the next four years will be Pres. Biden or Grump. If that's my choice and I'm talking about my vote to make my choice known as to who I would want to have that responsibility of those two candidates to be the one... I'm going with Pres. Biden.

It really doesn't have anything to do with me, that Grump has been living a life of grifting and wealth. But I personally would not ever choose anyone with that specialty in life to be the leader of the nation in which I live. Now, just to be clear, you're the one who is calling him the 'crooked, Evil, much hated'. Those aren't my words, but I do endorse them. He has certainly proven himself to live a pretty crooked life as far as his business and financial enterprises go. Evil, well, I can certainly see some attitudes that he displays that are pretty evil. His penchant for derogatory name calling would be on the top of that list. I also believe that God considers bearing false witness as evil. I would be in agreement with that. Much hated. Well that's going to depend on which room you're in at the time. But yes, he is widely not liked pretty much world wide. But of course, that's not to say that he doesn't have his approvers. I'm just not one of them.

As far as his being the best candidate for Pres. Biden to run against, I think that would be fair to say that most pundits see it that way. Personally, I'd rather that both parties would run a different candidate. But that's not the choice I've been given. I did vote for Hailey in the primary.
Easy win against a virtual criminal minded. mean spirited, convicted sex offender & strident racist right ?
If that's what you believe that he is, then I'd say you likely know his type better than most of his followers.
Help me understand your obsession to get him out of the race then ?
What???? My obsession? I don't have anything to do with this. I fully believe that man will be running in the November election. Where he will be physically standing on the day of that election may be a curiosity. I can see it now, the day after his big win he'll be standing in some courtroom somewhere being forced to listen to a bunch of lawyers argue his guilt/innocence.

Honestly, from where I'm sitting, I would agree that one of us is obsessed over this issue.

Why would you want to run against a decent human being rather than an ugly , mean., monster , with Biden already sucking in the polls against a monster ?
Please explain ?
Explain what?? In November there's going to be an election here in the U.S. Historically, there are only two people up for the job, that are real contenders. I didn't pick 'who' the republican party picked to run against the President. Here, put your ear down here real close to my lips. THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PICKED GRUMP TO RUN AGAINST BIDEN!!!!!! (If I had bigger caps I'd use it) I had absolutely no part in picking 'who' is running on the Republican ticket. I believe though, that if the Republicans want any chance of winning, they should likely have chosen another candidate.

Despite all the noise and 'obsessive' behavior of some, I don't think Grump can garner enough votes because the Republican party isn't big enough to carry a national election alone. And the MAGAite brand of the Republican party is an even smaller number. They're gong to need a lot of Independent voters. I don't think the Grump brand of Independents is very big. We'll see. Try not to obsess over it.
How is the table is not set perfectly for a Biden win at this point running against a virtual Hitler ?
Yet I don't detect any sense of relax on the democrat side.
How could Biden ever poll any better than his current deplorable 37% against a decent , kind , non-criminal , non-monster ?
I believe that the table is set. Is it perfect for Pres. Biden? I don't know. We'll see. But he would be my choice in this race. No, I don't think anyone is relaxing all over the planet concerning this upcoming election. I don't understand the point or the question of your last sentence. Who is the decent, kind, non-criminal, non-monster person that he is polling at 37% against. If you would, send me a link. I'll check it out.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

Hey, I'm curious. Why are you now using all those terrible names to describe the Republican party's candidate? Do you see it now, too? Yeah! I think if the Republican party were to have picked a decent, kind, non-criminal, non-monster person as their candidate that Pres. Biden would likely be in a world of hurt. But sadly, they didn't. I could have voted for that person.

God bless,
Ted

So you think as it stands Biden running against Trump , a evil racist ,convicted sex offender, Hitler like monster has helped his chances of winning ?

As opposed to if he were he running against an honest , non-racist, non-sex offending, non-criminally convicted , non-Hitler type , kind and soft spoken candidate ?

Or would you rather avoid the very simple question by changing the subject yet again ?

Hi Consecrated Life

Hey, I'm curious. Why are you now using all those terrible names to describe the Republican party's candidate? Do you see it now, too? Yeah! I think if the Republican party were to have picked a decent, kind, non-criminal, non-monster person as their candidate that Pres. Biden would likely be in a world of hurt. But sadly, they didn't. I could have voted for that person.

God bless,
Ted
I don't know if you have been living under a rock but the democrat objective for months now is to remove Trump from the running, and cause a kinder , gentler , non-convicted sex offender, non-racist, non-Hitler like candidate to replace him.
Didn't not realize you were ignorant to the expressed democrat desire to see Trump eliminated from the race .
Your not having a clue as to the expressed democrat desire to have Trump removed as a candidate does explain your confusion to me now.
Glad to get you up to speed on the democrat plans.

I don't know if you have been living under a rock but the democrat objective for months now is to remove Trump from the running, and cause a kinder , gentler , non-convicted sex offender, non-racist, non-Hitler like candidate to replace him.
Didn't not realize you were ignorant to the expressed democrat desire to see Trump eliminated from the race .
Your not having a clue as to the expressed democrat desire to have Trump removed as a candidate does explain your confusion to me now.
Glad to get you up to speed on the democrat plans.
Why are they wanting Trump replaced if as you say a generic kinder, honest , soft spoken , candidate would only hurt Biden's excellent chances against Hitler incarnate ?
Why are they doing everything they can to make a better candidate replace Trump and hurt Biden ?

Hi Consecrated Life
So you think as it stands Biden running against Trump , a evil racist ,convicted sex offender, Hitler like monster has helped his chances of winning ?

As opposed to if he were he running against an honest , non-racist, non-sex offending, non-criminally convicted , non-Hitler type , kind and soft spoken candidate ?

Or would you rather avoid the very simple question by changing the subject yet again ?
Look, I don't have a clue why you are arguing with your own posts. You do realize that the quote you brought over to make this 'whatever kind of statement this is' was your own post... right? But I'll tell you that if you can quit obsessing over it, you'll be a much happier person. Yes, I believe that a large part of Biden's popularity is that very few want the other guy. Even a lot of Republicans are going on the record that they won't vote for Grump. Now, you can say that's a democratic plant if that's what makes you sleep better at night if you want to.

Grump is being prosecuted for actions that are criminal in nature. It has absolutely nothing to do with Democrat/Republican initiatives. His account cooked the books. That's a crime. Whether you are some high powered attorney great god guy... or you're just a little weasel like me. He knows that everything that he handles and every piece of paper he writes on immediately becomes the property of the National Archives. When they sought for the return of items that they knew he had taken out of the WH that didn't properly belong to him, he refused to let them have them. Which led to the charges of the document issues. That was all Grump's doing. He could have had them all over for a big well burnt steak and handed them all over the first time that they asked, but he refused. That's a crime. All those documents belong to the National Archives and only they get to say where they will be kept or stored. That's been the law and practice of the office of the presidency for many, many years. He didn't have to pay Stormy Daniels or David Pecker or Michael Cohen all of that money to hide his affair. He could have let that story come out and take it's normal course of events. But to hide such information while running an election, is a crime.

So look, you're free to go on and on and obsess over this issue for the next 6 months if that's what floats your boat or winds your clock. Have fun!
Didn't not realize you were ignorant to the expressed
Yea, but I'm smart enough to know that a double negative makes a statement meaningless and generally fairly non-sensical. You did not not realize something about me and that makes me ignorant. Right! I'm completely on board with that! But at least I'm not obsessive. LOL!!!

God bless,
Ted

Hi Consecrated Life

God bless,
Ted
Voter Fraud.
Nasty stuff.
Discarded envelopes were found even this year!

Hi Consecrated Life

Look, I don't have a clue why you are arguing with your own posts. You do realize that the quote you brought over to make this 'whatever kind of statement this is' was your own post... right? But I'll tell you that if you can quit obsessing over it, you'll be a much happier person. Yes, I believe that a large part of Biden's popularity is that very few want the other guy. Even a lot of Republicans are going on the record that they won't vote for Grump. Now, you can say that's a democratic plant if that's what makes you sleep better at night if you want to.

Grump is being prosecuted for actions that are criminal in nature. It has absolutely nothing to do with Democrat/Republican initiatives. His account cooked the books. That's a crime. Whether you are some high powered attorney great god guy... or you're just a little weasel like me. He knows that everything that he handles and every piece of paper he writes on immediately becomes the property of the National Archives. When they sought for the return of items that they knew he had taken out of the WH that didn't properly belong to him, he refused to let them have them. Which led to the charges of the document issues. That was all Grump's doing. He could have had them all over for a big well burnt steak and handed them all over the first time that they asked, but he refused. That's a crime. All those documents belong to the National Archives and only they get to say where they will be kept or stored. That's been the law and practice of the office of the presidency for many, many years. He didn't have to pay Stormy Daniels or David Pecker or Michael Cohen all of that money to hide his affair. He could have let that story come out and take it's normal course of events. But to hide such information while running an election, is a crime.

So look, you're free to go on and on and obsess over this issue for the next 6 months if that's what floats your boat or winds your clock. Have fun!

Yea, but I'm smart enough to know that a double negative makes a statement meaningless and generally fairly non-sensical. You did not not realize something about me and that makes me ignorant. Right! I'm completely on board with that! But at least I'm not obsessive. LOL!!!

God bless,
Ted
Do I remember right?
Did Biden also remove documents from the WH that were found stored in a GARAGE, I believe in Biden's home,,,,not sure .
But the DOJ decided not to prosecute.

Did Biden make at least 10 million from his son's dealings with China? Is this considered a conflict of interest? Abusing power of office, maybe?

Both sides are good at this IMO.
But, at least, there shouldn't be a double standard.

Do I remember right?
Did Biden also remove documents from the WH that were found stored in a GARAGE, I believe in Biden's home,,,,not sure .
Right, because when the gov't asked for them back he cooperated, gave them back, and let them look to see if he had any others.

Don the Con OTOH refused to give them back, ordered his staff to hide them, and had his lawyers lie and say they didn't have any more.

Big difference.

Did Biden make at least 10 million from his son's dealings with China?
No, that was Donald.

Right, because when the gov't asked for them back he cooperated, gave them back, and let them look to see if he had any others.

Don the Con OTOH refused to give them back, ordered his staff to hide them, and had his lawyers lie and say they didn't have any more.

Big difference.

Oh.

What was in all those boxes taken out of Mar A Largo? ??

Oh.

Another double standard.
More tomorrow.
1:30 am here.
'Night

Do I remember right?
Hi GodsGrace

Yes, and when it was found out and he was asked to return them to their rightful owner he immediately complied with no questions asked. Had Grump not been so stupid as to really think that he could just take things from his position as president without the full approval of the department to which it belongs, he wouldn't be where he is on that matter. But that's just not his nature and that's a really, really, really big reason why I don't think he's the one for the job. He is pretty much lawless. If anyone were to read the Scriptures today and ask me, "Well who is this 'lawless' one?" I'd say Grump was certainly in the running for said title. Why do we want someone as our leader who flaunts the law back at us all the time?

But as for the matter you question, yes, Pres. Biden immediately handed over any such documents when asked. It appears to be a pretty normal thing that people in the president/vice president office, and we may find that even some of the Chiefs of Staff take classified documents home from time to time and they may not get returned, but it seems to be a fairly normal things. But when the office of the National Archives rightfully requests that such work items be returned and a president, not just some idiot street bum who's using it for a pillow, but a president says, "No!" Really? Is that who you want running the nation? Not me. We live by certain rules that in a democratic republic are generally approved by the majority of the people. Grump doesn't have any rules that operate in his life. There is no page where you turn and read, "No, I can't do that."

I certainly won't vote for that over just a doddering old man who will likely listen to what wise men around him say, for the most part. And not pretend that he alone knows everything about everything better than anyone else knows everything about everything. Grump is an idiot as far as I can tell. There was absolutely no reason for him to get into a pissing contest with the National Archives over stuff that he knows he isn't authorized to have. I mean, as the President of the United States, you would think he'd know. But Grump only listens to millisecond sound bytes. Anything longer than 10 words and he's off dreaming about his next golf shot.

But all of this protocol was made clear to him and I'm sure he has signed affidavits to that effect somewhere back in the oath of office phase. But there are no rules for Grump. Whatever he wants to do he's going to do. Now, for some, some of the things that he wants to do are in alignment with their goals also, but the problem is that a person like him won't stop at just your personal bugaboos. And I honestly can't stand his regular and boring penchant for making up derogatory names for people. I don't get how any believer can support that kind of personal attitude in someone. I don't get it! Don't we at least want leaders who treat people with respect?
Did Biden make at least 10 million from his son's dealings with China? Is this considered a conflict of interest? Abusing power of office, maybe?
So far there is no proof of that. No one has produced any documentation that there was ever any $10million + monies given over to Pres. Biden. I think the man has lived pretty comfortably with just his salary from speaking engagements and books and the general stuff that ex-politicians make money doing. And of course, he always had a respectable, as far as pay, job pretty much all of his life as a politician. So no, I did not find that Pres. Biden has pocketed any money from his son's business dealings anywhere. My son makes good money and he uses it for his pleasure. As far as I know, financially, that's pretty much the same relationship that Pres. Biden has with his son.

I actually have sympathy for Beau. He really didn't deserve all of this horse manure that these time and money wasting 'investigative committees' have been throwing at him. I give him credit that he has turned out to be a strong man who can take the lashing with his dad.
But, at least, there shouldn't be a double standard.
There isn't over here. I can't speak for Europe. If you commit a crime and it gets investigated, you'll likely be spending some time in court and possibly jail. Depends on whether the prosecutor can prove his case. We'll see.

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back