Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If man has an immortal soul

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Bick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some verses that I have trouble understanding, if man has an immortal soul:

John 3:36, "He that believeth on the son hath everlasting life; and he that believeth not shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Q. If believers have everlasting life, and they die; does this mean Jesus is speaking of their immortal soul? But, if the soul is always alive, why does it need everlasting life? And, if unbelievers shall not see life, does this mean literal death, just of their body, for their soul is immortal?

John 5:28,29, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth, they that have done good unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

Q. Jesus indicates people are in the graves to be resurrected. Why wouldn't he call down the believers in heaven (i.e. their souls)? And, if believer's have a soul which has all it's senses, and therefore, some kind of a body, that can be in the presence of God, enjoying all the delights of heaven, why then would they need another body?

John 6:39,40, "...all of which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day." "...every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Q. If Jesus is speaking of those given him by the Father, and that even though they die, he will raise them up at the last day, why does he think he could lose them, if they are alive because their souls are immortal?

Q. Again, since these believers have died, does 'everlasting life' not mean their souls? But, if immortal, why do they need everlasting life? And why do they need raised up?

All for now, Bick

Bick said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some verses that I have trouble understanding, if man has an immortal soul:

John 3:36, "He that believeth on the son hath everlasting life; and he that believeth not shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

Q. If believers have everlasting life, and they die; does this mean Jesus is speaking of their immortal soul? But, if the soul is always alive, why does it need everlasting life? And, if unbelievers shall not see life, does this mean literal death, just of their body, for their soul is immortal?

John 5:28,29, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth, they that have done good unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

Q. Jesus indicates people are in the graves to be resurrected. Why wouldn't he call down the believers in heaven (i.e. their souls)? And, if believer's have a soul which has all it's senses, and therefore, some kind of a body, that can be in the presence of God, enjoying all the delights of heaven, why then would they need another body?

John 6:39,40, "...all of which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day." "...every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Q. If Jesus is speaking of those given him by the Father, and that even though they die, he will raise them up at the last day, why does he think he could lose them, if they are alive because their souls are immortal?

Q. Again, since these believers have died, does 'everlasting life' not mean their souls? But, if immortal, why do they need everlasting life? And why do they need raised up?

All for now, Bick

I make a distinction between the soul and the spirit. All of mankind has a soul but only those who are born of the Spirit have a spirit.

It is the Spirit that gives man eternal life. Those who do not have eternal life will not be raised up. Those who do have eternal life will be judged according to what they have done with the gift of life. Some to eternal reward and some to eternal punishment.

Has that helped, hindered, brought light? I'm happy to talk more about this but I stress my beliefs do not align with doctrine taught by mainline Christendom. There are many questionable doctrines of men within Christendom and no doubt many will accuse me of perversion also, but I can only live by & proclaim the light that God has given me.

Henry said:
Everlasting life speaks to quality not quantity.

And the bible makes no distinction between the two. The bible doesn't say 'The wages of sin is miserable life but the gift of God is wonderful life' It doesn't say 'That whosever should believeth in Him should not have a miserable eternity but have a happy one'.

You ignore the context of the verses and the clear contrast between the two fates.

Instead this is the theory that must be cooked up to interpret clear passages that it is resurrection that brings eternal life and not immortality of the soul and also explain that the wicked are not only alive at death but will burn eternally too.

Instead, preconceived notions are read into the texts and strange assumptions are put forth as truth.

Please, answer Bick's original questions in context and intepreted exegetically and not with preconceived notions reading what the text does not say.

Bick said:
Hi: I would like to discuss each question I asked.

Is that possible?

Bick

Bick, you could also add these questions too:

1) Why does Paul say 'what advantageth it me if the dead riseth not? Let us eat and drink for tomorrow we die!" in showing the finality of death if the soul is in heaven?

2) Why does Paul say 'As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive, but everyman in their own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward they that are Christ's at His coming' if I am 'made alive' immediately after I die? This cannot be talking about the body for all Christians adhere to the 'Adam sinned and Christ gave eternal life' which is what this is speaking about.

3) Why does Paul say 'If the dead do not raise, then Christ is nto raised and ye are yet in your sins and those that have fallen asleep in Christ have perished' if my soul is in heaven immediately at death? Does this verse not link the necessity of both resurrections to bestow eternal life?

Where exactly would 'those that are asleep' 'perish' exactly if they are still not in their graves in totality?

4) Why does Paul say 'I would not have you sorrow as others who have no hope' and then speak of the hope of eternal life in the resurrection if my loved one's souls are already in heaven?

5) Why does Paul say about the resurrection 'Then shall be brought to pass the saying, 'death is swallowed up in victory' if the death has been literally 'brought to pass' and 'swallowed up' immediately upon my death?

6) Why does the bible say that death is the last enemy that shall be destroyed for God's people when death is basically the first one to be destroyed at our physical death?

And most importantly....

Why with all the numerous discourses on grace, law, Sabbath, circumcision, righteous living, prophecy and resurrection is there NOT ONE discourse (nay, not even a verse) on the early Christians' loved ones being in heaven as we speak and enjoying the fruits of heaven??

Instead, the traditionalist tries to justify their Greek/Catholic heresies with three ambiguous texts and call that clear teaching of the immortal soul.

Yeah...and I have a bridge to sell you on the outskirts of my city.

Hi Guibox. I'll get to your questions after I comment on Mutzerein's input.

In Gen we read "God breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul."

Notice, a soul was not infused into man when God breathed the spirit of the breath of life into him. Man became a living sensate being. And even air
breathing animals are called "soul creatures".

The spirit of life is related to breathing: See Gen 7:22; Job 4:9; 27:3 etc.

This is not Holy Spirit. It is God's creative spirit, in that with every breath we breathe, we live.

Eternal (eonian) life is a separate gift of God.

All for now, Bick

Bick,
Could not verses like John 5:28-29 be referring to the physical resurrection of our bodies to be reunited with our spirit in heaven (2 Cor.5:8, Phil.1:23) at the end of this age? Could not the 2nd death be what is referred to and not natural death we all must go through (Rev.20:11-14)?
In Christ, Bubba

Bubba said:
Bick,
Could not verses like John 5:28-29 be referring to the physical resurrection of our bodies to be reunited with our spirit in heaven (2 Cor.5:8, Phil.1:23) at the end of this age? Could not the 2nd death be what is referred to and not natural death we all must go through (Rev.20:11-14)?
In Christ, Bubba

If I may answer that Bubba...

The problem with this is three fold:

1) It automatically assumes that 'eternal/everlasting life' can apply to the 'soul' and the 'body' separately.

2) One will then choose in what context they want this to apply. When it supports their views, everlasting life applies to our 'spirit' or 'soul'. When it contradicts their view, then everlasting life only applies to the body

3) The comparisons seen in Romans 6:23 and John 3:16 give us the impression that this is not only not speaking about the body, but comparing ultimate fates. It makes no sense to compare 'everlasting life as a gift of God' for the righteous to 'the wages of sin is death' if both Christians and non will all experience the 'wages of sin' for we will all physically die. The difference is one receives one, the other group receives the other.

John 5:28,29 says 'some will awake to everlasting life and some to everlasting contempt'. How can one contextually and exegetically apply this to 'the body'? We have 'everlasting life' already in heaven. How can we 'hear his voice' and 'awake' to 'life' when our consicous essence, our thinking part that would make us a living spiritual being is already 'awake' and 'alive'? Our body is a mere shell in the traditional sense and redundant when speaking about 'life'.

Also, when we compare this with the strong language of resurrection to life in 1 Corinthians 15, which would make no sense in the context of speaking only of the body the way Paul lays it out, we see that the bible is in harmony that it is resurrection, not immortality of the soul that is the promise and the 'hope' (1 Thessalonians 4:13,14) of eternal life.

guibox said:
If I may answer that Bubba...

The problem with this is three fold:

1) It automatically assumes that 'eternal/everlasting life' can apply to the 'soul' and the 'body' separately.
No. It doesn't. Except in the minds of those who need to somehow support their theology of anhialation.(sp?)
Resurrection means to stand again. This passage in John distinctly refers to resurrection. There is no resurrection without a complete re-constitution of body and spirit to become a living soul once more. Resurrection does not mean disembodied spirits floating around like ghosts. Many will try to come up with something less than complete re-constitution to explain resurrection as it pertains to these scriptures, but they cannot without wresting them beyond their intended meaning.

guibox once again said:
3) The comparisons seen in Romans 6:23 and John 3:16 give us the impression that this is not only not speaking about the body, but comparing ultimate fates.
ALL mankind share the same ultimate fate!
guibox said:
It makes no sense to compare 'everlasting life as a gift of God' for the righteous to 'the wages of sin is death' if both Christians and non will all experience the 'wages of sin' for we will all physically die. The difference is one receives one, the other group receives the other.
The fact is that we all experienced the wages of sin, and in doing so we eked out an existence of death, reaping the wages of our lifestyle. But you and I were called to awaken out of the dust, through no fault or agency of our own. It was a free gift from God. And He will do no less for the rest of creation. But each in it's own rank and order, in it's own appointed time.

(Note from Admin: the above post contains Universalists' theology)

From web site at http://www.letusreason.org:

"1 Thess. 4:14-18 “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. Whether one believes this is the 2nd coming or the rapture, the point is made that there are those who come with Jesus to be united with their bodies. Since the dead rise first and those who are alive don’t receive a resurrection but a transformation. Vs.15 “For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.†Where is Jesus coming from? Heaven. If Jesus is bringing some people with him and they don’t have resurrected bodies yet, doesn’t this mean they are immaterial spirits. What dead are rising? Certainly this are not those who are alive and remain. The dead are those who bodies are put to sleep. This is exactly what Paul explains in 1 Cor.15:52-54 “the dead will be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed (those who are still alive) previously Paul explains the body in vs.35-49 vs.42 so is the resurrection of the dead. The BODY is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.†So resurrection refers to the human body not the soul or spirit, it is the body that sleeps and will be resurrected. As we have seen our hope is to be immediately with the Lord, not wait for some undetermined future time."

Bubba

Bubba said:

"1 Thess. 4:14-18 “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. Whether one believes this is the 2nd coming or the rapture, the point is made that there are those who come with Jesus to be united with their bodies.

And this an assumption the scriptures not only don't make, but also make the whole passage redundant in meaning. Paul emphasises that the resurrection is 'hope'. '
"brothers I would not have you be ignorant concerning them which are asleep' Those words right there means that the dead are in their grave and Paul wants to tell them the truth..."that you sorrow not even as others who have no hope"

So Paul is saying that those who are not 'asleep in Christ' have no hope. What is this hope?

Paul goes on to tell them about the resurrection.

Bubba said:
Where is Jesus coming from? Heaven. If Jesus is bringing some people with him and they don’t have resurrected bodies yet, doesn’t this mean they are immaterial spirits. What dead are rising? Certainly this are not those who are alive and remain.

This is assuming that the phrase 'will God bring with Him' means that 'Jesus is bringing the souls from heaven to be reunited with their body'. This is a false assumption and again makes the first part of this passage meaningless 'for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so...' It is God the Son, not God the Father who is coming to earth. The phrase means that just as God made Jesus rise after He died, even so (or in the same manner as) will the dead in Christ rise.

Bubba said:
The dead are those who bodies are put to sleep. This is exactly what Paul explains in 1 Cor.15:52-54 “the dead will be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed (those who are still alive) previously Paul explains the body in vs.35-49 vs.42 so is the resurrection of the dead. The BODY is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.†So resurrection refers to the human body not the soul or spirit, it is the body that sleeps and will be resurrected. As we have seen our hope is to be immediately with the Lord, not wait for some undetermined future time."

Bubba

What this commentary fails to realize is that Paul mentions that only with the resurrection body will we enter into heaven, not as some immortal soul. Second, it ignores the clear teaching that Paul is showing that eternal life cannot be realized until the resurrection and is not talking about merely the body.

Look closely at verses 18-23 and verse 34 and look closely at verses 51-55. Paul is making it clear that it is the whole man and not just the 'body' that puts on immortality. 'Death' is swallowed up in victory. The bible says that 'death is the last enemy to be destroyed' This would all happen if man's thinking, breathing, spiritual essence survives death and goes to heaven.

Also look at 2 Timothy 4:6-8 to see when Paul expected to be rewarded. Also see Revelation 22:12 to see when Christ gives out the rewards of eteranl life.

Mutzrein Quote:
I make a distinction between the soul and the spirit. All of mankind has a soul but only those who are born of the Spirit have a spirit.

"It is the Spirit that gives man eternal life. Those who do not have eternal life will not be raised up. Those who do have eternal life will be judged according to what they have done with the gift of life. Some to eternal reward and some to eternal punishment.

Has that helped, hindered, brought light? I'm happy to talk more about this but I stress my beliefs do not align with doctrine taught by mainline Christendom. There are many questionable doctrines of men within Christendom and no doubt many will accuse me of perversion also, but I can only live by & proclaim the light that God has given me."
Answer:
I agree, there is a distinction between soul and spirit. A word study of soul wil show: soul is the consciousness, the feelings, the desires, produced by the breath of life vitalizing the body. It will be seen that the Scriptures relate knowledge, memory, thought, love, joy, delight, bitterness, distress, impatience, mourning, sorrow, grief, abhorrence and hatred to the soul.
From Death, Resurrection, Immortality by Joseph E. Kirk.

We live as we breath the air God has provided. It is referred to as "the breath of the spirit of life" in a number of scriptures such as, Gen. 7:22 "All in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life...." Job 27:3 "For my life is yet whole in me and the spirit of God is in my nostrils." Psa.104:29
"Jehovah withdraws their spirit, they cease to breath, and return to their dust."

This spirit is the 'spirit of life' given to all who are alive.

It's true, believers are indwelt with the Holy Spirit, which is the earnest, the down payment, that after dying or still alive, we will be resurrected and changed from what were soulish bodies to spiritual bodies, fit for the celestials, where we, the church/body of Christ will go with Christ when He meets us in the air.

I believe that there will be a Messianic (millennial) Kingdom with Christ as king, back on the earth; and with Israel as head of the nations. There will be a resurrection of the righteous Israelites and gentile proselytes, on the earth a short time after Christ returns in power and great glory. These being resurrected include the tribulation saints, as described in Rev.20.

You are right, there will be a judgement of "the rest of the dead" who will be resurrected to be judged for their deeds before Christ on His Great White Throne. And those whose names are not written the book (scroll) of life will be thrown into the lake of fire, which is the second death.

And notice, there will be many who lived good lives with good deeds. Their names are in the book of life and will be granted life on the New Earth. Rev.20

As for you views of scripture, no two people agree on every thing in the Bible. The main thing is, you must rightly divide the word of truth. Take it as literal as possible, even though many figures of speech are used; as well as symbols, signs, parables, etc.

I don't know your understanding of Revelation, but I believe it is all future, for John was 'in spirit' in the Lord's day (day of the Lord).

Bye for now, Bick

Sorry Bick, I cannot agree with your quote “Those who do not have eternal life will not be raised upâ€Â
According to Acts 24: 15 “and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.â€Â

Rev. 20: 4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
When are the righteous raised up? According to 1 Thess 4:16,17 at Christ’s second coming.
When are the wicked raised? According to Revelation 20:5 (The rest of the ‘wicked’ dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)

There is a belief that when a righteous person dies he goes straight to heaven. But how do you account the words of Jesus to Nicodemus?: John 3: 13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Another question to be answered: When do we receive our reward? At death, or, some other time?
The ball is in your court.

God Bless

gazzamor

Actually Guibox, gazzamor made some very good points, regardless of what Bick was driving at. :)

Gazzamor: in your viewpoint, does resurrection dictate a complete re-constitution of body, soul and spirit? Or can you have a resurrection with something less than that?

Quibox,
I once was convinced that eternal conscious punishment was true, but after venturing out of my protected presuppositions, I experience liberation of a sort. I think if you check out what others have written on soul sleep with a willingness to accept correction, you may be surprised. I originally posted a long article that was a commentary on 1Thess. 4:14-18, but I decided to edit it out. I am holding off a bit and deciding our much I really want to debate this issue, before I "take the dive".
Bubba

Quibox writes:
â€ÂAnd this an assumption the scriptures not only don't make, but also make the whole passage redundant in meaning. Paul emphasises that the resurrection is 'hope'. '
"brothers I would not have you be ignorant concerning them which are asleep' Those words right there means that the dead are in their grave and Paul wants to tell them the truth..."that you sorrow not even as others who have no hope" So Paul is saying that those who are not 'asleep in Christ' have no hope. What is this hope? Paul goes on to tell them about the resurrection.â€Â

The “hope†is that Jesus is coming back. Contextually, verses 4:13 to 5:11 speak to this and that it is, our hope and comfort. Then the comfort consists of our participation in the death and resurrection of Jesus by being born again, we to will be raised up bodily, on His 2nd Advent. Yet, spiritually the dead in Christ are already with Him. This has to be the case, because Scripture here in verse 14 says just that (unless you want to do harm to the clear meaning and support your own preconceived views).This truth gives great hope to Paul’s audience of those whose love ones have already fallen asleep (died physically). In II Corinthians 5:1-9 Paul said, "Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 6 Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 We live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it"
So, our bodies await the resurrection on the “Last Day†as the souls of the saints in glory wait to be clothed (verse 2) with the incorruptible bodies mentioned in 1Cor. 15:42-54..
Quibox writes:

â€ÂThis is assuming that the phrase ‘will God bring with Him’ means that ‘Jesus is bringing the souls from heaven to be reunited with their body’. This is a false assumption and again makes the first part of this passage meaningless ‘for if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so…’ It is God the Son, not God the Father who is coming to earth. The phrase means that just as God made Jesus rise after He died, even so (or in the same manner as) will the dead in Christ rise.â€Â

Jesus was and is totally obedient to the will of the Father; it was that way while on earth as it is now in heaven. It is the Fathers will that His Son bring those who have already died physically with Him at His 2nd Coming. Some of those who are according to Scripture are in heaven now (by Robert Morey):
â€ÂThe reappearance of Samuel in a conscious state, with the use of all his faculties, at the call of Saul and the witch of Endor (1 Sam. 28:7–20); the appearance of Moses and Elias at the transfiguration of Christ on the mount (Matt. 17:3); Christ’s address to the thief on the crossâ€â€Ã¢â‚¬Å“Today shalt thou be with me in paradise†(Luke 23:43); the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:23, 24)â€â€Lazarus is conscious and active in Abraham’s bosomâ€â€the rich man is in conscious torment in Hell (Hades), while his brethren are still living in the flesh. Of dying Stephen, it is declared (Acts 7:55–59) that being full of the Holy Ghost, he saw the heavens opened, and Jesus Christ standing at the right hand of God; so seeing, he cried, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit,†and so died.
In 2 Cor. 5:1–8, Paul declares that to be “at home in the body†is to be “absent from the Lordâ€Â; and to be “absent from the body†is to the believer to be “present with the Lordâ€Â; and hence he says (in Phil. 1:21–24) that for him “to die is gain,†and that he was “in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ; which is far better: nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.†In 1 Thess. 5:10, Paul declares that the sleep of death is a “living together with Christ.†In Eph. 3:15, the Church is declared to be one whole family, of which at present part is in heaven and part on earth. In Heb. 6:12–20, it is declared that after Abraham (and other ancient saints) “had patiently endured, he obtained the promisesâ€Â; which promises, we know, were in their true meaning spiritual and heavenly. In Acts 1:25, Judas is said to have gone “to his own place.†In Jude 6,7, the lost angels are said to be “reserved in ever fasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.†In Heb. 12:23, the spirits of the just are represented as “made perfect,†and happy with the angels in heaven. In Rev. 6:9–11, the souls of the martyrs are represented as under the altar in heaven, praying for the punishment of their former persecutors on earth, which of course must be before the resurrection. In Rev. 5:9; 7:9; 14:1,3, the souls of believers are represented as being now with Christ and the holy angels.†I disagree with Mr. Morey in respect to conscious torment, for anything other than a finite period.

Quibox states:
â€ÂWhat this commentary fails to realize is that Paul mentions that only with the resurrection body will we enter into heaven, not as some immortal soul. Second, it ignores the clear teaching that Paul is showing that eternal life cannot be realized until the resurrection and is not talking about merely the body.

Look closely at verses 18-23 and verse 34 and look closely at verses 51-55. Paul is making it clear that it is the whole man and not just the 'body' that puts on immortality. 'Death' is swallowed up in victory. The bible says that 'death is the last enemy to be destroyed' This would all happen if man's thinking, breathing, spiritual essence survives death and goes to heaven.â€Â

The problem is that you are not able to accept the concept that a person in Christ can be with Him and yet not be complete with the physical aspect of our being. Yet has been quoted earlier, Scripture is very clear that the dead in Christ are with Him even now and will, at His coming be united with their glorified bodies.

Quibox writes:â€Â
Also look at 2 Timothy 4:6-8 to see when Paul expected to be rewarded. Also see Revelation 22:12 to see when Christ gives out the rewards of eteranl life.â€Â

Our rewards are Christ and His imputed righteousness now and at His 2nd Advent, all things done on earth of a heavenly value were Christ’s righteousness working in us, as 1 Cor. 4:7 states. In glory we take our crowns off and give them back to whom it came from, Jesus our Lord. Eternal life is a present tense for the believer as well as a future tense (Col. 1:13-14, John 5:24 [25 and following verses are the resurrection of our bodies]).
Bubba

ps, I took the plunge

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back