Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Darwin __] If there was always something, then why was ONLY God + concepts the only somethings to have existed?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When I said concepts I meant all concepts. Even the concept of nothingness exists in a physical void where gravity doesnt exist nor does any physical matter.

Concepts are just ideas, but they still are a part of existence itself and this means there is no way for there to have been nothingness without God erasing everything (even all concepts/ideas, assuming God can erase all concepts/ideas).

When I said concept manipulation I meant could God make 2 + 2 = 8. Or could he make red = blue. Or could he make water = fire. Or make personification occur in reality.

Last edited:
Even the concept of nothingness exists in a physical void where gravity doesnt exist nor does any physical matter.
The idea of absolute nothing is a philosophical idea that we do not fully comprehend.

Just as the idea of there always being something is an idea we struggle to understan.

Eternity is an idea too far for us.

But to poke a significant hole in the idea that the universe has always existed, why in a universe that has always been there are there objects that are not eternal.
To illustrate it, if your father showed you a burning candle that he says he lit the day you were born and it has been burning continuously for the last twenty odd years ,( assumption on your age, put in correct age please ,)
Would you believe that a normal shop bought candle could burn continuously for that length of time?

Similarly a sun with a live time of severely billion years would have burnt itself out if it was started an eternity ago.

Genesis said in the begining God spoke and it came into being.

From the Bible it is deduced that God is outside of this universe, that he created all the energy, matter, rules of physics, chemistry and biology etc,
That he with a word organised sun, stars, planets, galaxies and all life on earth.

Science cannot comment on this, oh it tries but it has not seen, recorded or experimented on or with how the universe was created.

It struggles with the Islam cosmagorical Argument.

' Everything that has a begining has a cause.
The universe has a begining, therefor there is a cause which caused the universe to begin.'

The idea of absolute nothing is a philosophical idea that we do not fully comprehend.

Just as the idea of there always being something is an idea we struggle to understan.

Eternity is an idea too far for us.

But to poke a significant hole in the idea that the universe has always existed, why in a universe that has always been there are there objects that are not eternal.
To illustrate it, if your father showed you a burning candle that he says he lit the day you were born and it has been burning continuously for the last twenty odd years ,( assumption on your age, put in correct age please ,)
Would you believe that a normal shop bought candle could burn continuously for that length of time?

Similarly a sun with a live time of severely billion years would have burnt itself out if it was started an eternity ago.

Genesis said in the begining God spoke and it came into being.

From the Bible it is deduced that God is outside of this universe, that he created all the energy, matter, rules of physics, chemistry and biology etc,
That he with a word organised sun, stars, planets, galaxies and all life on earth.

Science cannot comment on this, oh it tries but it has not seen, recorded or experimented on or with how the universe was created.

It struggles with the Islam cosmagorical Argument.

' Everything that has a begining has a cause.
The universe has a begining, therefor there is a cause which caused the universe to begin.'
I wasnt saying there was a time where nothingness was there, just fyi. This thread was created with the intent of discussing why God talked of in the bible has ever existed in the first place

I wasnt saying there was a time where nothingness was there, just fyi. This thread was created with the intent of discussing why God talked of in the bible has ever existed in the first place
That question occurred to me, as well. But it would require completely comprehending God, which is not possible for us. Perhaps, we will eventually be able to comprehend Him completely. That would be heaven, wouldn't it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back