Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'm bored

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I just bought the book "The complete C.S. Lewis Signature Classics".
$31.52 on Amazon.
7 books in all.
I can't put it down.

I started a thread just a week ago in general forum called 'The Phoenix".
That thread could have gone somewhere if people would have only responded.

Someone post something REALLY interesting.

Chop a finger off, it will completely take your mind off being bored. I have seen a couple folks that chopped off bits of their fingers and it really did not look like they were bored anymore. So, tested and working.

Mike.

I started a thread just a week ago in general forum called 'The Phoenix".
That thread could have gone somewhere if people would have only responded.
Problem for me is I'd have to do my homework on the Phoenix. Don't know much about it at all to engage a discussion about it.

Why didn't my thread go anywhere? http://www.christianforums.net/showthread.php?t=53758&highlight=bruce+jenner

For some reason the social aspects of this forum are terribly lacking. I gave up on that a long time ago and stick mainly with the theological stuff.

For some reason the social aspects of this forum are terribly lacking. I gave up on that a long time ago and stick mainly with the theological stuff.
He's right, Allen.

27 months ago, I posted on TheSpacePort the following:

Thread title:
"Post something Random"

Text:
Then go to bed.
Goodnight.

I then attached a photoshopped image of a cat floating up a staircase.

I then went to bed. But I started something. Today the thread has
My most successful thread ever, and it's about, well 'nothing'.

I have often thought of starting that thread here. But I know it would go no where.
For most who come here, this is not a place to be social, they come here to tell everyone else what to believe, how to be a Christian, and to pretend they are great Biblical teachers, giving unwanted advice, sniping at other Christians, criticizing other's faith and beliefs, and trying to show how THEY have the only truth, the only 'real' knowledge of the Bible.

It's really not a very nice place, much of the time.
But I am SURE we provide great entertainment for the non-believers out there.

I have often thought of starting that thread here. But I know it would go no where.
For most who come here, this is not a place to be social, they come here to tell everyone else what to believe, how to be a Christian, and to pretend they are great Biblical teachers, giving unwanted advice, sniping at other Christians, criticizing other's faith and beliefs, and trying to show how THEY have the only truth, the only 'real' knowledge of the Bible.

Well, you can't be bored if your doing all that and putting the rest in their place, right??

Try my finger method, I think you will find that any thoughts of boredom will soon be forgotten.

Mike.

It's really not a very nice place, much of the time.
Wow! :o When I said that, I was banned for a month :sad

In all seriousness, there are some great people here :seehearspeak but also some who are best ignored. :bicker
The trouble is, you don't find that out until after the conversation has started.:screwloose

How about a thread called, 'Do you ever actually listen to other people?':chin

(So far this thread about nothing is doing quite well ;))

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back