Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In order to stay here

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

Since I don't like arguments and dissention between Christians, then in order to stay here, I could say that by my own free will, I decided to break through the lies and deceit of Satan because I'm smart and righteous enough to do so. ;-) Others who choose to believe Satan aren't a smart as me. So I'm just a little bit better than they are. So they'll be punished for wanting to believe satan. They could muster up their faith in God by their own free will so they don't need the Holy Spirit either.

So I'm going to boast about my ability to beleive. Yeah, the Holy Spirit does something, but not as much as my own free will. It's both my free will and the Holy Spirit because human pride belongs in there somewhere along with the humility of the Spirit. We can't leave human pride out of it or we would just have to be humble before God and acknowledge that we can do nothing without him like Jesus did and we can't have that.

So it does depend on my desire and effort, not on just on God's mercy, as Romans 9:16 says. So God needs a lot of help from me to explain his word.

Jesus isn't quite right either. Yes, he chose me but I also chose him. So he needs me to clarify his words too. And Paul decided to become a Christian after thinking about what he's done to Christians. Oh, yeah, he decdided that only after he met the risen Lord and he was struck by lightning, but that didn't play as much a part in his decision as his free will did. The two events just happened to coincide with each other. :) So we can give credit to Paul also for being smart and righteous enough to choose God. :)

So the bible isn't right either that no one is righteous and that no one seeks God. I was righteous enough to seek and choose God because of my own free will so I have won God's favor because of my good deeds in choosing him. ;-)

Boy, this exalting myself is fun. So that's another place where Jesus got it wrong. I will be rewarded for giving myself the credit for my belief and decision to choose God, not humbled.

So once I begin to take credit for what the bible says belongs to God, then I can even change the bible! I can change Ephesians 2:8-9 to say that it means that salvation is a gift from God, not faith. Then I can really feel justified in boasting about my faith! :)

So say people who believe in free will. :roll: That's why it doesn't do any good to quote the bible here since people feel the need to change the words in there to say what itching ears want to hear. And that ranges anywhere from "there's no hell" to I'm righteous enough to choose God" to Mary was sinless and a virgin all her life." :lol: Satan has a hayday with those who don't know what the Holy Spirit has done for them. But people who have believed something their whole lives and publicly proclaimed it, cannot admit they're wrong because of pride. So they'll continue to change scripture and chastize those who don't change scripture, all to keep from admitting they're wrong. They seem to see forums as a contest of who's right and who's wrong and then compete with each other to show how right they are instead of wanting the truth of God's word.

I used to believe in free will but after reading the bible have changed my mind. So I don't mind admitting I'm wrong because the truth of God's word is more important to me than my pride. So I can't change scripture to keep my pride. And that's not becuase I'm righteous enough to do that but because the Holy Spirit makes it way too uncomfortable for me to keep my pride. As Jesus told us, the Holy Spirit convicts us when we sin so that we can repent. So God gets the credit for my faith and ability to believe, not me. He keeps me from harm, He leads me out of temptation and convicts me when I sin. So I'm not ashamed at all to say that only God should be praised, not man. But since it's a very unpopular belief among many Christians here who want to take credit for their faith and acts of righteousness, which is called self-righteousness that the Pharisees had, not the true righteousness that only comes from God, then I don't belong on this forum since I would have to engage in arguments to do so.

Your attitude that came across in your post made me feel sick. I don't mind you believing different to me, I don't think eternally it makes any difference (to us) if we both accept Christ as our Savior but you obviously have no respect for any of us if this is the way you choose to argue.

I like discussing in the forum to challenge my knowledge of the Bible, and my beliefs and sincerly listened to you to test my thinking on this, but I can no longer take you seriously on this, which is a shame, because if I am wrong over all the things we have discussed - I would like to know. May be if I am wrong you would have helped me see it, but not any more.

But since it's a very unpopular belief among many Christians here who want to take credit for their faith and acts of righteousness, then I don't belong on this forum since I would have to engage in arguments to do so.
I don't see anyone here forcing you to argue ....but then I guess you have no choice since you aren't here of your own "free will". :-D
I honestly believe you just need to be 'right', based on how you start topic after topic in order to try and get others to see things (your) way.
I bet you think those who disagree with "you" aren't saved. :roll:

Heidi said:
Since I don't like arguments and dissension between Christians,..
Surely you jest. You are one of the most argumentative people here! ...and very condescending at times too. :-? You boast more about believing you are one of the so-called elect and you don't even realize you're doing it.

I agree with dancing queen and destiny.

I am not sure if you are going to see this or not. However, I enjoyed the discussion - to be frank it is your attitude about the discussions.

However - aren't you making a choice not to be here?!?

They could muster up their faith in God by their own free will so they don't need the Holy Spirit either.

Oh brother. Who do you think responds to God's gracious call and conviction (which is given by no merit of our own)? Hmmm... maybe God answers his own call in you, makes you do it, and then says "gottcha now"! And to the rest he says "sorry suckers, I didn't give you any means with which to respond to my calling, but if I had chosen you then you'd all be saved, so....sorry, but I just don't have enough time, power, or resources to choose every one, you see I've got so many children on my hands already!" :roll:

--------------------

God's calling comes to us first of no merit of our own: for while we were dead in our tresspasses Christ died for us sinners so that by our belief & response to Him we could accept & respond to His unmerited calling and grace, and by it prove ourselves to be among the elect. "Many are called but few are chosen." God calls many but it is obvious that there is something on our end which prevents all people from being chosen, and it's not that God does not have the power to save you after he called you, that's for sure!

God Bless,

~Josh

Heidi said:
Jesus isn't quite right either. Yes, he chose me but I also chose him. So he needs me to clarify his words too.

Another "bible-believing" Christian, I see...

I do not think I have ever seen such comments before. Sola Scriptura taken to its EXTREME...

francisdesales said:
Sola Scriptura taken to its EXTREME...

I wouldn't go that far....I mean we all have to realize that at times people enjoy walking a tight rope without a net.

Your signature would be another example.

francisdesales said:
Another "bible-believing" Christian, I see...

I do not think I have ever seen such comments before. Sola Scriptura taken to its EXTREME...

Francisdesales,
I think she is being facetious, or at least I hope she is.
Bubba

RND said:
I wouldn't go that far....I mean we all have to realize that at times people enjoy walking a tight rope without a net.

Your signature would be another example.

You don't think when someone says that Christ needs to be interpreted by "me" is not Sola Scriptura in the extreme?

My signature is a quote from 180 AD and it is good common sense, if you really think about it. In the end, our discussions will always center on authority - either MY interpretation (whether you believe you are led by the Spirit or not, it is still your interpretation) or the CHURCH'S interpretation, outside of MYSELF.

Bubba, I hope you are right...

Regards

Heidi,
Many have left this forum because of the many antichristian teachings that take place here. Some of us would like to clean it up but are kept from doing so by others with less than honorable intensions at heart.

God bless you and yours,
Michael

Solo said:
Heidi,
Many have left this forum because of the many antichristian teachings that take place here. Some of us would like to clean it up but are kept from doing so by others with less than honorable intensions at heart.
Michael

Really? Many have also left the forum due to a tightfisted regulation on freedom of speech and for being ridiculed by others with less than honorable intensions at heart but to impose their brand of theology as the truth and all other as suspect.

Let's not point fingers now Solo...

Sunday Sept. 10. 2006 Heidi, I had to extend a warning to you for your attitude on this site. Now 9 months later you want to say that you don't want arguments. I hope this is true. It starts with one person, I hope you are that person.

guibox said:
Really? Many have also left the forum due to a tightfisted regulation on freedom of speech and for being ridiculed by others with less than honorable intensions at heart but to impose their brand of theology as the truth and all other as suspect.

Let's not point fingers now Solo...

I do not mean to start a quarrel or finger pointing, however, would you be able to provide an example of what you mean? Perhaps you could PM me the answer.

It would appear that free-speech is not being trampled on. When one signs up, one must agree with the TOS. Therefore, as long as one doesn't violate the TOS (which one is aware of at sign-up) - I do not see how freedom of speech is being trampled on.

And who are we to judge a man's heart? By fruits one's character is revealed.

vic C. said:
The duck?

It's... creepy! :o

:-D

Welcome back Keith!

I cannot tell which is worse - a blinking duck staring at me or :robot: with it's red blinking eye!

Both are creepy.

:o

Heidi said:

[sarcasm]Since I don't like arguments and dissention between Christians, then in order to stay here, I could say that by my own free will, I decided to break through the lies and deceit of Satan because I'm smart and righteous enough to do so. ;-) Others who choose to believe Satan aren't a smart as me. So I'm just a little bit better than they are. So they'll be punished for wanting to believe satan. They could muster up their faith in God by their own free will so they don't need the Holy Spirit either.

So I'm going to boast about my ability to beleive. Yeah, the Holy Spirit does something, but not as much as my own free will. It's both my free will and the Holy Spirit because human pride belongs in there somewhere along with the humility of the Spirit. We can't leave human pride out of it or we would just have to be humble before God and acknowledge that we can do nothing without him like Jesus did and we can't have that.

So it does depend on my desire and effort, not on just on God's mercy, as Romans 9:16 says. So God needs a lot of help from me to explain his word.

Jesus isn't quite right either. Yes, he chose me but I also chose him. So he needs me to clarify his words too. And Paul decided to become a Christian after thinking about what he's done to Christians. Oh, yeah, he decdided that only after he met the risen Lord and he was struck by lightning, but that didn't play as much a part in his decision as his free will did. The two events just happened to coincide with each other. :) So we can give credit to Paul also for being smart and righteous enough to choose God. :)

So the bible isn't right either that no one is righteous and that no one seeks God. I was righteous enough to seek and choose God because of my own free will so I have won God's favor because of my good deeds in choosing him. ;-)

Boy, this exalting myself is fun. So that's another place where Jesus got it wrong. I will be rewarded for giving myself the credit for my belief and decision to choose God, not humbled.

So once I begin to take credit for what the bible says belongs to God, then I can even change the bible! I can change Ephesians 2:8-9 to say that it means that salvation is a gift from God, not faith. Then I can really feel justified in boasting about my faith! :) [/sarcasm]

[reproach]So say people who believe in free will. :roll: That's why it doesn't do any good to quote the bible here since people feel the need to change the words in there to say what itching ears want to hear. And that ranges anywhere from "there's no hell" to I'm righteous enough to choose God" to Mary was sinless and a virgin all her life." :lol: Satan has a hayday with those who don't know what the Holy Spirit has done for them. But people who have believed something their whole lives and publicly proclaimed it, cannot admit they're wrong because of pride. So they'll continue to change scripture and chastize those who don't change scripture, all to keep from admitting they're wrong. They seem to see forums as a contest of who's right and who's wrong and then compete with each other to show how right they are instead of wanting the truth of God's word. [/reproach]

[declare]I used to believe in free will but after reading the bible have changed my mind. So I don't mind admitting I'm wrong because the truth of God's word is more important to me than my pride. So I can't change scripture to keep my pride. And that's not becuase I'm righteous enough to do that but because the Holy Spirit makes it way too uncomfortable for me to keep my pride. As Jesus told us, the Holy Spirit convicts us when we sin so that we can repent. So God gets the credit for my faith and ability to believe, not me. He keeps me from harm, He leads me out of temptation and convicts me when I sin. So I'm not ashamed at all to say that only God should be praised, not man. But since it's a very unpopular belief among many Christians here who want to take credit for their faith and acts of righteousness, which is called self-righteousness that the Pharisees had, not the true righteousness that only comes from God, then I don't belong on this forum since I would have to engage in arguments to do so.[/declare]

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back