Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is “Easter” in the original Scriptures?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Who ascended to heaven and who stays on earth?
Christ appointed Peter head of the church on earth but as his personal representative or vicar, meaning Christ acts thru Peter in governance of the universal church, our obedience is not optional if we say we submit to and are obedient to Christ!

Obedience to his church, his ministers, is obedience to Christ!

Lk 10:16 Jn 13:20 heb 13:7 & 13:17
The one who listened to the devil? Need to study that..
Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Well, it wasnt so much about replacing Passover, but to bring in the festival of the sun of the pagans on the first day to justify Sunday worship to replace the Sabbath if one looks..

Now the fact that Sabbath was supplanted by the church at Rome and even the anti-Judaism stirred up by Jewish revolts is well known and documented, and the claim that came out that it was from the 'resurrection', one but has to look....
"The author of the "Epistle of Barnabas" adduces the occurrence of the Resurrection on the first day as the reason for the observance of this "true day" (xv.). In the meantime the attitude of the Roman authorities had become intermittently hostile to the Jews; and after the rebellion under Hadrian it became a matter of vital importance for such as were not Jews to avoid exposing themselves to suspicion (Huidekoper, "Judaism at Rome"). The observance of the Sabbath was one of the most noticeable indications of Judaism. Hence, while in the first Christian century more or less regard and tolerance for the Jewish day were shown in Rome, even by non-Jewish Christians, in the second century the contrary became the rule (Justin Martyr, "Dial. cum Tryph." ii., § 28). In the East, however, less opposition was shown to Jewish institutions. Saturday and Sunday both were celebrated by "abstaining from fasting and by standing while praying" (Rheinwald, "Archäologie," § 62), In the West, especially where Roman influence dominated, Saturday was turned into a fast-day (Huidekoper, ib. pp. 343-344). The name "Sunday" is used for the first time by Justin Martyr ("Apologies," i. 67) in accommodation to a Roman nomenclature, but with reference to the circumstances that the light was created on the first day (noticed also in the Midrash; Gen. R. iii.: "ten crowns adorned the first day") and that the "light of the world" rose from the night of the grave on the first day of the week. The Christians, accordingly, were obliged to defend themselves against the charge of worshiping the sun (Tertullian, "Apologeticus," xvi.). The celebration of two days (by the Judæo-Christians?) is attested by Eusebius ("Hist. Eccl." iii. 37) and by the "Apostolic Constitutions," which advise the keeping of Saturday as a memorial of the Creation, and of Sunday, the Lord's day, in memory of the Resurrection (ii. 59).

Originally, then, Sunday and Sabbath were kept sharply distinct. But, like the Jewish Sabbath, Sunday was deemed not merely a holiday, but a holy day, and hence fasting thereon was interdicted (Tertullian, "De Corona Militis," § 3). Ease of mind (ευφροσύνη, which corresponds to "naḥat ruaḥ"; "Epistle of Barnabas," l.c.) was the proper condition for the day. One should not kneel at prayer (Irenæus, "Fragm. de Paschate"; "Apostolic Constitutions," l.c.); the standing posture, being at first a protest against mourning and ascetic rites (such as were forbidden on the Jewish Sabbath), came to be explained as suggestive of the Resurrection.".... SABBATH AND SUNDAY - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Some try to say it was changed by the disciples or their actions or the resurrection, but Sunday has nothing even after the resurrection as the disciples continued with the Sabbath as it was before and Christ tells it it would continue so you have to really bend scripture to fit Sunday as the day of worship. It isnt there.......
It’s not Sunday cos of sun worship but cos God created the sun on the 1st day

We now have a new covenant new creation new sabbath

Christ gave his church “all authority” Matt 28:19 Matt 16:18-19 and Matt 18:18 Jn 20:21

Whatsoever you bind on earth is bound in heaven!

Christian are forbidden to do Jewish practices that only pointed to Christ!

who is the mediator of the mosaic covenant?

One mediator one covenant

Pope Benedict XIV in Ex Quo:

"The first consideration is that the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law *were abrogated* by the coming of Christ and that they can no longer be observed without sin after the promulgation of the Gospel. "

Pope Pius XII in Mystici Corporis:

"29. And first of all, by the death of our Redeemer, the New Testament took the place of the Old Law which had been abolished; then the Law of Christ together with its mysteries, enactments, institutions, and sacred rites was ratified for the whole world in the blood of Jesus Christ. For, while our Divine Savior was preaching in a restricted area - He was not sent but to the sheep that were lost of the House of Israel [30] - the Law and the Gospel were together in force; [31] but on the gibbet of His death Jesus made void the Law with its decrees [32] fastened the handwriting of the Old Testament to the Cross, [33] establishing the New Testament in His blood shed for the whole human race.[34] "To such an extent, then," says St. Leo the Great, speaking of the Cross of our Lord, "*was there effected a transfer from the Law to the Gospel, from the Synagogue to the Church, from the many sacrifices to one Victim, that, as Our Lord expired, that mystical veil which shut off the innermost part of the temple and its sacred secret was rent violently from top to bottom.*" [35]

30. *On the Cross then the Old Law died, soon to be buried and to be a bearer of death*, [36] in order to give way to the New Testament of which Christ had chosen the Apostles as qualified ministers; [37] and although He had been constituted the Head of the whole human family in the womb of the Blessed Virgin, it is by the power of the Cross that our Savior exercises fully the office itself of Head of His Church. "

Colossians 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Hey All,
That is what what you understand by that verse Mr. Adams?

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

You don't think it's just a comparison?
Is this where the Catholic Church gets the idea that you actually eat the body of Christ during communion?
Also, does the CC actually have lamb every month to follow what Exodus says?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Christ is the new covenant Passover sacrifice
The sacrificial lamb

The mosaic Passover lamb had to be sacrificed and his blood put in the door post and lentil, and they had to eat the lamb!
Same in the new covenant Christ is our Passover sacrifice

1 Corinthians 5:7
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ ourpassover is sacrificed for us:

His blood was shed upon the cross
Door post and lentil

We have to eat the lamb!

No we do so cos Christ COMMANDED it!

Jn 6:48-69

“The tradition has f the apostles “

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. (Are dead)

1 cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Thks

The one who listened to the devil? Need to study that..
Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
Satan was only speaking thru Peter!
Besides they had not yet received the power of the Holy Spirit!

Hey All,
"Is that the words of Christ or of scripture?" Quote from donadams

I do not view the words of Jesus, and Scripture as different. Yes Jesus said particular words. But He was the Word of God. Scripture is the Word of God.

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

Yes we listen to those appointed teachers. What do we measure their teaching against?

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Popes are not apostles. We know there are only twelve.

Jn 20:21
21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Who was Jesus speaking to?

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Speaking to Peter. Peter was an apostle. The pope is not.

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, (apostles) who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

The pope is not an apostle.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, (apostles) and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

The pope is not an apostle.

Lk 22:29
29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

The pope is not a king.

Romans 1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Paul received apostleship directly from Jesus. He did not get voted into the position. If you remember Methias was voted an apostle by the others.(Acts1) We never hear/read more about him in Scripture.

Matt 28:19 teach all men.

Teaching the Word of God is a calling. It is not an elected position.

Matt 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

What teachers of the Word are to teach.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Only twelve apostles? Who are they?

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven…

Peter and the eleven makes twelve.

Who are the eleven, Judas is dead, Paul is not yet?

Only twelve apostles? Who are they?

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven…

Who are the eleven, Judas is dead, Paul is not yet?
Paul absolutely is an apostle. He was physically called by Jesus.

Acts 9:1-16 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Paul was a chozen vessel. He was called directly by Jesus.

And we know there are 12 apostles in heaven.
How do we know?

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

There has to be 12. We know the 12th was not Matthias. He is never mentioned again in Scripture. We have Luke's account of Paul's calling. If not Paul, who else would you suggest?
The only other person is a forgiven Judas. But we have no record, or even a mention of judas asking for forgiveness.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Paul absolutely is an apostle. He was physically called by Jesus.

Acts 9:1-16 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.
And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.
And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Paul was a chozen vessel. He was called directly by Jesus.

And we know there are 12 apostles in heaven.
How do we know?

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

There has to be 12. We know the 12th was not Matthias. He is never mentioned again in Scripture. We have Luke's account of Paul's calling. If not Paul, who else would you suggest?
The only other person is a forgiven Judas. But we have no record, or even a mention of judas asking for forgiveness.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
I quoted acts 2 not acts 9!

Now try again in acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven…

Who are the eleven, Judas is dead, Paul is not an Apostle yet?

Thks

Hey All,
I understand what you are saying. But can men appoint apostles? Apostles carry the Holy calling. They are not voted into office by man. They are called directly by God. Paul had that direct calling.

Paul referred to himself as an apostle.

Romans 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Further, we know there are only 12 recognized as apostles in heaven.

So we have to eliminate either Matthias or Paul. There are not 13 apostles.

I submit we cannot eliminate Paul. He calls himself an apostle. If Paul is lying, all of his teachings should be discarded.

Matthias is mentioned only in Acts 1 by name. He is never mentioned again.

Juda killed himself. We do not know if he repented before he did. But it would be just like Jesus to forgive Judas and restore him to apostle status.

So actually, we have three possible candidates for one spot.

Who is the 12th apostle?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Last edited:
Hey All,
I understand what you are saying. But can men appoint apostles? Apostles carry the Holy calling. They are not voted into office by man. They are called directly by God. Paul had that direct calling.

Paul referred to himself as an apostle.

Romans 1:1-2 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Further, we know there are only 12 recognized as apostles in heaven.

So we have to eliminate either Matthias or Paul. There are not 13 apostles.

I submit we cannot eliminate Paul. He calls himself an apostle. If Paul is lying, all of his teachings should be discarded.

Matthias is mentioned only in Acts 1 by name. He is never mentioned again.

Juda killed himself. We do not know if he repented before he did. But it would be just like Jesus to forgive Judas and restore him to apostle status.

So actually, we have three possible candidates for one spot.

Who is the 12th apostle?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Does Timothy become an apostle after Paul?

Do apostles have authority to make more apostles? Jesus says yes! He had authority to make apostles, and he said the apostles have the same authority! Jn 20:21

I quoted acts 2 not acts 9!

Now try again in acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven…

Who are the eleven, Judas is dead, Paul is not an Apostle yet?

Thks
Hey All,
Do you see what you did here Mr. Adams?
You changed Peter with the eleven (with means inclusive, a part of), to Peter and the eleven.
Peter with the eleven is eleven.
Peter and the eleven is twelve.
If Matthias was an apostle, wouldn't Acts 2:14 read, with the twelve?

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

This verse does not give the apostles the power to make other apostles.

Further, we have Jesus' clear instructions in Matthew:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

There is no mention of making apostles.
I don't believe apostles can anoint others as apostles. I also believe Revelation. There are only twelve.

Keep walking everybody .
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Do you see what you did here Mr. Adams?
You changed Peter with the eleven (with means inclusive, a part of), to Peter and the eleven.
Peter with the eleven is eleven.
Peter and the eleven is twelve.
If Matthias was an apostle, wouldn't Acts 2:14 read, with the twelve?

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

This verse does not give the apostles the power to make other apostles.

Further, we have Jesus' clear instructions in Matthew:

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

There is no mention of making apostles.
I don't believe apostles can anoint others as apostles. I also believe Revelation. There are only twelve.

Keep walking everybody .
May God bless,
Taz
You right it could either way adding up to eleven or twelve

Apostles are a requirement to teach all men until the end of the world “Christ’s return “ same as acts 1:2 more apostles are required to be witnesses to the ends of the earth

Jn 20:21 same authority as Christ
And Christ was an apostle
Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

And Mathias was an apostle
  1. Acts 1:25
    That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
  2. Acts 1:26
    And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

It’s not Sunday cos of sun worship but cos God created the sun on the 1st day

We now have a new covenant new creation new sabbath

Christ gave his church “all authority” Matt 28:19 Matt 16:18-19 and Matt 18:18 Jn 20:21

Whatsoever you bind on earth is bound in heaven!
Please give the text making that change, I'll wait........

Hey All,
We have to give Matthias his due. Although not mentioned by name, he is a part of the twelve mentioned in Acts 6.

Acts 6:1-2 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.

We see 12 active apostles. Paul does not enter the picture until chapter 9. So Matthias is the only answer for who is the 12th apostle.

But we still have dilemma.

Paul considered himself "called to be an apostle." (Romans 1:1)
And who are we to say he was not?

So we have a legitimate 13 apostles according to Scripture.

But, in heaven, there are only twelve apostles listed on the foundations.

Revelation 21:13-14 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

So my original question remains.

Who is the twelfth apostle ?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

So we have a legitimate 13 apostles according to Scripture.

But, in heaven, there are only twelve apostles listed on the foundations.
On earth there were around ten times that many, or more, legitimate apostles - messengers chosen of God - referred to in the NT alone. The emphasis on 12 or 13 might not be beneficial through most of life,
but if people return to Scripture as the Creator is Pleased to Reveal to those who love Him, who are called according to His Purpose, there is
indeed and in truth great and beneficial results.

On earth there were around ten times that many, or more, legitimate apostles - messengers chosen of God - referred to in the NT alone. The emphasis on 12 or 13 might not be beneficial through most of life,
but if people return to Scripture as the Creator is Pleased to Reveal to those who love Him, who are called according to His Purpose, there is
indeed and in truth great and beneficial results.
How do you know what is and what is not scripture?

Truth of divine revelation is communicated in many ways!

By the heavens: Ps 19:1
By the Father: Matt 16:17
By Christ in person: Matt 5:2 Mk 1:21-22 Lk 5:3 Jn 3:16
By the Holy Spirit: 1 Tim 4:1
By the call of God: Gen 12:1
By the burning bush: Ex 3:2
By Sacred Scripture: Lk 24:32
By Sacred Tradition: 2 thes 2:15
By the apostles preaching the word:
Acts 8:4 Acts 8:35
By Christ’s command that the apostolic churches teaches all men unto eternal salvation:
Matt 28:19
By the Angels: Ex 3:2 Matt 1:20
Lk 1:28 Acts 8:26
By dreams: Matt 1:20
By visions: Acts 19:17
By unknown means: Lk 3:2
By preaching of John the Baptist: Lk 3:3-5

Not by “Scripture alone”!

How do you know what is and what is not scripture?

Truth of divine revelation is communicated in many ways!

By the heavens: Ps 19:1
By the Father: Matt 16:17
By Christ in person: Matt 5:2 Mk 1:21-22 Lk 5:3 Jn 3:16
By the Holy Spirit: 1 Tim 4:1
By the call of God: Gen 12:1
By the burning bush: Ex 3:2
By Sacred Scripture: Lk 24:32
By Sacred Tradition: 2 thes 2:15
By the apostles preaching the word:
Acts 8:4 Acts 8:35
By Christ’s command that the apostolic churches teaches all men unto eternal salvation:
Matt 28:19
By the Angels: Ex 3:2 Matt 1:20
Lk 1:28 Acts 8:26
By dreams: Matt 1:20
By visions: Acts 19:17
By unknown means: Lk 3:2
By preaching of John the Baptist: Lk 3:3-5

Not by “Scripture alone”!
Hey All,
How do you test what is being called "divine revelation Mr Adams?"

If the Pope said, "you have to eat French fries in order to be saved."

Do you follow that blindly?
Or do you test it against what we know to be divine revelation.

Acts 17:10-11 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

We have plenty of "name it and claim it" people within the protestant denominations. We have to be careful who has, or is given authority.

I personally do not believe any man or woman alive today speaks with apostolic authority. When John passed, the era of the apostles was brought to an end. That's why there are no new books being added to the Bible.

If what a person says cannot be backed up by Scripture, don't listen to them.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Back