Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it a sin to treat your pet like a human?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Over the years this has become more noticeable to me.

It is more evident with woman than men.

I have heard how people talk about their pet, usually always dogs, that they are babies, and they "birthed" them and the like.

Grown humans, pampering dogs like they are children.

Back in Biblical times dogs were not domesticated and very despised as animals.

So what say everyone, is this sin for a Christian?

I have heard how people talk about their pet, usually always dogs, that they are babies, and they "birthed" them and the like.

Depends on culture as in Paul's day it wasn't see the dogs found in pompei that died in Paul's lifetime and a church was found in that city.

Dogs were worked more but we had pets of them .

I love My two dogs ,willow the youngest has to be near me .vets often find a dog that helps them mentally ,aka service dog .

Willow isn't but makes my life bearable.in no way am I saying a dog is a child .

I understand.

We have 3 housepigs.

Vinny, Blue and Kenzie.
Lol.glad you weren't on the city utility grid .

I dealt with two pigs.one would watch me and was a good three hundred pounder .lots a bacon in him . He would block the electric meter acess and would escape if possible . The other would want to be petted and kept the dogs away .

Lol.glad you weren't on the city utility grid .

I dealt with two pigs.one would watch me and was a good three hundred pounder .lots a bacon in him . He would block the electric meter acess and would escape if possible . The other would want to be petted and kept the dogs away .
Thats funny.

Does the Torah say it's a sin?
The Torah defines what sin is.
Do you put your dog higher than God?
Do you worship your dog? Does your dog make you sin. If not then no

No, that's just misplaced affection expressed to a substitute of children. Everyone has a nurturing instinct, especially women, whether you're conscious of it or not, but not everyone can find a suitable mate and have children. It's just the tragedy of this age where people are increasingly isolated, and trust in each other is at historic low, we shouldn't condemn them for pampering cats and dogs, but rather show some sympathy.

Does the Torah say it's a sin?
The Torah defines what sin is.
Do you put your dog higher than God?
Do you worship your dog? Does your dog make you sin. If not then no
The Torah did state what is known as the "cultural commandment" - be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it. In the next chapter, marriage - man shall leave his parents and join his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. I think what the OP meant is a veiled condemnation against the DINKs (double income no kids) and SINKs (single income no kids) who deliberately choose to not getting married and having children, and substituting spouse and children with pets, thereby failing the cultural commandment. Isn't that what Adam did? He was pretty content with the animals, he never asked for a helpmate, God concluded that it was not good for him to be alone and created Eve for him.

This attitude is common yet dangerous, it often leads to the idolatry of marriage and childbearing, which you can see later in Genesis. Abraham is a good example, when God promised him countless heirs like the stars in the sky, he considered it as a commandment, since Sarah was barren, he took measure in his own hands by mating with Hagar, which was his biggest mistake. Later, the binding of Isaac was God's test for him to see whom he put at first, Isaac his own son or God.

Have you seen what kinds of food you can buy your pet?

We have 3 dogs and I see all this stuff they are indocrinating people to buy.

A young lady who works for me told me she pays $135 for a bag of dog food.

My daughter just took her cat the vet. $750

Vetrinarians are out of hand.

How about the vaccinations for flu and other garbage they say are needed.

Dont get me started on doggy diapers.

I could go on and on.

Have you seen what kinds of food you can buy your pet?

We have 3 dogs and I see all this stuff they are indocrinating people to buy.

A young lady who works for me told me she pays $135 for a bag of dog food.

My daughter just took her cat the vet. $750

Vetrinarians are out of hand.

How about the vaccinations for flu and other garbage they say are needed.

Dont get me started on doggy diapers.

I could go on and on.
My ,processed Chinese meat is good?

Yes I pay 100 bucks because of the reactions .healthy food isn't cheap

Buy veggies from Wally world versus a local farmer see who is cheaper and better ,answer not Walmart .
Dogs carry diseases.

We shot dogs overseas because of it

Colitis ,rabies and yes some influenza and bacteria to include heart worm can be transmitted and parasites.

Love them sheep? Anthrax carrier along with cattle .

My ,processed Chinese meat is good?

Yes I pay 100 bucks because of the reactions .healthy food isn't cheap

Buy veggies from Wally world versus a local farmer see who is cheaper and better ,answer not Walmart .
Dogs carry diseases.

We shot dogs overseas because of it

Colitis ,rabies and yes some influenza and bacteria to include heart worm can be transmitted and parasites.

Love them sheep? Anthrax carrier along with cattle .
I was raised with dogs my whole life, never remember them getting sick and and all the allergies and diseases they have today.

Or I just did not know.

I like my dogs alot and they can be therapy.

Vinny gets threatened once a week to go a well known buffet in town if he gets out of line.

I'm kidding, dont want the PETA police coming after me.

I was raised with dogs my whole life, never remember them getting sick and and all the allergies and diseases they have today.

Or I just did not know.

I like my dogs alot and they can be therapy.

Vinny gets threatened once a week to go a well known buffet in town if he gets out of line.

I'm kidding, dont want the PETA police coming after me.
Lots of things we didn't know but existed then.

Dogs have chiropractor and chemo and acupuncture treatments.with cancer we simply put them down versus treating them .

Look up Daytona Florida and the town mascot ,a dog . His statue is still there not far from his grave . That is a story from the late 30s.

Hi electedbyhim

Personally, I'm not into treating my pets like humans. I understand that my cat is a cat. I care for him and I care about him, but no, he's not a human and other than talking to him, even though I know he doesn't understand me, I don't think I treat him like a human. He does sleep in my bed on occasion. Usually at my feet, but I still know he's a cat. Sometimes he gets a little feisty and will give me a little, what I call a love bite, but he's still a cat. Usually it seems to be that he wants attention.

However, I'm curious why you might think that treating an animal in such a way would be a sin. What piece of Scripture might you be referring to on this?

God bless,
Ted

Hi electedbyhim

Personally, I'm not into treating my pets like humans. I understand that my cat is a cat. I care for him and I care about him, but no, he's not a human and other than talking to him, even though I know he doesn't understand me, I don't think I treat him like a human. He does sleep in my bed on occasion. Usually at my feet, but I still know he's a cat. Sometimes he gets a little feisty and will give me a little, what I call a love bite, but he's still a cat. Usually it seems to be that he wants attention.

However, I'm curious why you might think that treating an animal in such a way would be a sin. What piece of Scripture might you be referring to on this?

God bless,
Ted
There is no Scripture I can think of to say it is a sin.

The Bible speaks much on how we should treat animals.

I was musing on this the other day after talking with a co-worker who, like my wife, treats her dog like a baby.

You see these crazy bumpber stickers, dog mom, cat mom or the family symbol of a father and mother and all animals as the children.

I have seen actions where a person will treat their dog(s) as first in the family. What I mean is that the animals are priority. To me that would be sin.

It really most likely comes down to ones conscience or if they do in fact make their pet "their world".

To me its just crazy, my dogs are dogs. I tell my wife they are just animals to me.

As an Executive Chef, I will tell you they eat better than me.

Like I said earlier they are also therapy in a way and I will add that they can add companionship.

There is no Scripture I can think of to say it is a sin.

The Bible speaks much on how we should treat animals.

I was musing on this the other day after talking with a co-worker who, like my wife, treats her dog like a baby.

You see these crazy bumpber stickers, dog mom, cat mom or the family symbol of a father and mother and all animals as the children.

I have seen actions where a person will treat their dog(s) as first in the family. What I mean is that the animals are priority. To me that would be sin.

It really most likely comes down to ones conscience or if they do in fact make their pet "their world".

To me its just crazy, my dogs are dogs. I tell my wife they are just animals to me.

As an Executive Chef, I will tell you they eat better than me.

Like I said earlier they are also therapy in a way and I will add that they can add companionship.
Life wasn't the same without a Siberian husky ,and so we got bella a rescue then willow

Willow has to be near me and insists on her time.she once paced because I wasn't in the room with her .

Back