Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Devil using LGBTQ to destroy christian churches?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

I heard this and was amazed, I could not grasp what was happening, till I came across this..'

A quarter of Methodist congregations in the U.S. are leaving the United Methodist Church as one of the country's largest Protestant denominations wrestles with issues of sexuality and gender identity.

More than 7,600 of United Methodist’s approximately 30,000 congregations had voted to leave as of this week, and the number could grow as the Dec. 31 deadline for departures approaches.

“It’s the biggest schism in any American denomination in the history of our country,” said Ryan Burge, an associate professor of political science at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston....

What's at issue?
Controversies have been brewing within the church for several decades, particularly those dealing with LGBTQ+ issues, Wilson said.

Progressive factions within the church, he said, want to overhaul church teachings to, for instance, permit same-sex marriages and allow the ordination of gay clergy....'
..https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/12/20/methodist-church-lgbtq-issues-prompt-mass-exodus-as-deadline-nears/71964830007/

I heard this and was amazed, I could not grasp what was happening, till I came across this..'

A quarter of Methodist congregations in the U.S. are leaving the United Methodist Church as one of the country's largest Protestant denominations wrestles with issues of sexuality and gender identity.

More than 7,600 of United Methodist’s approximately 30,000 congregations had voted to leave as of this week, and the number could grow as the Dec. 31 deadline for departures approaches.

“It’s the biggest schism in any American denomination in the history of our country,” said Ryan Burge, an associate professor of political science at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston....

What's at issue?
Controversies have been brewing within the church for several decades, particularly those dealing with LGBTQ+ issues, Wilson said.

Progressive factions within the church, he said, want to overhaul church teachings to, for instance, permit same-sex marriages and allow the ordination of gay clergy....'
..https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/12/20/methodist-church-lgbtq-issues-prompt-mass-exodus-as-deadline-nears/71964830007/

Satan has no power over God; I believe the answer lies more in simple greed. If there is not enough money in the collection plates, the Churches must attract more "followers".

What's at issue?

Think of it as God's litmus test. The tares will cave in and accept homosexuality as normal, the wheat will stand their ground and expose the enemy's scheme.

Think of it as God's litmus test. The tares will cave in and accept homosexuality as normal, the wheat will stand their ground and expose the enemy's scheme.
Hey All,
I believe you have it Carry_Your_Name.
Wheat and tares.
Did you notice something else about the report?
7600 of 30000 is just over 25%, actually 25.333%.
Remember the parable of the sower and the seed. Jesus gave four examples of ground the seed landed upon.
Only one seed landed on good ground.
That is 25%.
Do you believe that is just a coincidence?
If so, a pretty remarkable one.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

What's at issue?

Back in 1988 the American Lutheran Church, the Lutheran Church in America, and the Association of Evangelical Lutheran Churches merged to form the Evangelical Lutheran Churches in America (ELCA). The church I am a member of was an American Lutheran Church body. With much dispute and concern they chose to go with the flow and accept the merger into the ELCA. Most of their concerns were related to progressive movements with the LGBTQ+ community and Universalism within the body.

As time went on, it became more and more apparent that the LGBTQ+ movement was in fact gaining momentum within the ELCA. I remember attending annual synod meetings 1995-1997 in our region and quickly learned that the movement was not going to be slowed.

Long story short, after three years of prayer and discussion we came to a vote in 1997 to disassociate from the ELCA. Our church lost some members because we took three years to come to that conclusion but for the most part we didn't want to rush into that and hoped things could turn around. Since that time there have been hundreds of congregations that have made the same choice. I no longer keep up with what is happening in the ELCA but last I heard, Universalism is gaining acceptance.

I go to a Catholic church and an Open and Affirming church. I've been to several Baptist churches and all I can say is - NO THANK YOU! Baptists churches, especially the Calvinist and Fundamentalist are the most divided, judgmental, and hypocritical church in the world. NO MORE of them for me!

We should welcome people of all walks of life into Church, Atheist, Agnostic, LGBTQ etc., and let the holy spirit take it from there. The United Church of Christ is where I go as well as Christ the King Parish in Concord, NH. which is the largest church in town and BY FAR have the best music in town.

What better place for ANYBODY to be other than Church?

What's at issue?

I believe it’s possible that the LGBTQ+ issue is God’s judgement on the Church and is separating the wheat from the chaff. While we should welcome all to our churches, we should never be approving of the sinful beliefs and behaviours associated with LGBTQ+.

Such churches that approve are being man pleasers, being afraid of the judgement of man rather than the judgement of God. Some may think they are being loving by approving of things like transgenderism and same-sex marriage and behaviour, but they are actually doing the most unloving thing they could do to such people. Love always seeks the best for others, but not calling out sin for what it is, and especially approving of it, leads to eternal separation from God.

Should we stand at the door and throw them out of Church? Is that what Jesus would have done?

Jesus NEVER dumped on sinners. He dumped on the religious and political establishments of his age.

Jesus said in Mathew 21...

“Which of the two did what his father wanted?” “The first,” they answered. Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, “Will you give me a drink?”

(His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[fn])

Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?
Just so you are aware, as per the description of this forum, it is only for responding to the OP and not for discussion or debate with other members. If you want to discuss or debate with someone other than the OP, please start a thread in an appropriate forum.

One of the things that have to be kept in perspective is the difference between accepting someone versus accepting someone's behavior.

One of the things I experienced in our synodical meetings I spoke of was that whenever someone brought up the fact that homosexual behavior was a sin, the LGBTQ+ members at the meeting immediately threw out accusations of not being loved or wanted. That was way off from the truth.

Last edited:
I believe it’s possible that the LGBTQ+ issue is God’s judgement on the Church and is separating the wheat from the chaff. While we should welcome all to our churches, we should never be approving of the sinful beliefs and behaviours associated with LGBTQ+.

Such churches that approve are being man pleasers, being afraid of the judgement of man rather than the judgement of God. Some may think they are being loving by approving of things like transgenderism and same-sex marriage and behaviour, but they are actually doing the most unloving thing they could do to such people. Love always seeks the best for others, but not calling out sin for what it is, and especially approving of it, leads to eternal separation from God.
You put it so clear, thank you my brother. We have gotten to the separation of the wheat and tares for sure, and many who have no fear of God are gambling with their eternal life, in what can only lead to eternal separation from Him

Hey All,
I believe you have it Carry_Your_Name.
Wheat and tares.
Did you notice something else about the report?
7600 of 30000 is just over 25%, actually 25.333%.
Remember the parable of the sower and the seed. Jesus gave four examples of ground the seed landed upon.
Only one seed landed on good ground.
That is 25%.
Do you believe that is just a coincidence?
If so, a pretty remarkable one.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
That parable is mostly about soil conditions, which symbolize our heart conditions, tares are in the next parable, not this one. In the first three categories there are probably no lasting growth of either wheat or tare.

"Stand upon the bible" is vague. God tests his people with specific challenges on specific issues, such as so called LGBTQ.
The bible clearly teaches that sex is for between husband and wife, that all other sexual arrangements are sinful.
How vague is that. Lg5b only gets a foothold where people do not believe the bible, but interpret it through what they bring to the bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back