Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is this real?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
"Well, that's a typical man. Waiting until
his hand ROTS OFF before going to see a doctor."

:lol:

True enough. However, my brother-in-law was bitten by a brown recluse, and the wound really was that nasty. Worse even, because in the pictures, you don't smell the smell. (eww) It did eventually heal and now, other than a scar, is OK.

It goes bad really fast? the bite?

we have brown recluses all over the place, here, plus, fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, roaches,
flies, gnats, worms, beetles, wasps, all kinds of stuff.

I work in a hospital and a co-worker was bitten by one a couple of years ago. She was bit on the back of her thigh when she sat on one. It was awful, painful and took a very long time to heal. She is fine now but does have a scar that looks lilke a bullet wound scar. And yes, they are worse than black widows.

Yes, my b-i-l's scar is much like a bullet wound as well. Those are nasty little buggers! I'd call the Orkin dude if you have them all over the place.

Where I live, the "white-tail" spider and the "jumping-jacks" spiders give you nasty gangerous looking ulcers. I am having an ulcer treated now, that appeared to be a harmless scratch, but painful, when I first did it.

Within two days it got worse, and after four weeks of treatment, and stacks of antibiotics it sitll isn't healing. Today, I killed a "jumping-jack" on my computer, and now I know what has happened to me. They are so small.

I don't know if the photo is real or not, but tell me why would anyone wait to get something like that taken care of!

handy said:
Yes, my b-i-l's scar is much like a bullet wound as well. Those are nasty little buggers! I'd call the Orkin dude if you have them all over the place.

In Florida, they live everywhere. Seriously.
You just use a stick to turn on the laundry room light, and you flip your lawn
chairs over, BEFORE you sit down on them, to make sure no spiders are hanging on
underneath.

Same with snakes, snakes are common here. I get them in my yard all summer. No big deal, you just LOOK ahead of you on the ground, before you walk, and you NEVER EVER walk in tall grass.
Not unless you're stupid.

MISFIT said:
I don't know if the photo is real or not, but tell me why would anyone wait to get something like that taken care of!

See, that's exactly what I was wondering! Good point, Misfit! I asked my DH how long he would wait if he had a swollen thumb, or finger, before seeing a doctor.

I mean, really, the wound doesnt turn black in 4 hours.

Malachi45 said:
Where I live, the "white-tail" spider and the "jumping-jacks" spiders give you nasty gangerous looking ulcers. I am having an ulcer treated now, that appeared to be a harmless scratch, but painful, when I first did it.

Within two days it got worse, and after four weeks of treatment, and stacks of antibiotics it sitll isn't healing. Today, I killed a "jumping-jack" on my computer, and now I know what has happened to me. They are so small.

Ewww! What's a jumping jack? Post a photo.
Stacks of antibiotics? What does a jumping jack spider inject into you? Yuck!
GET WELL SOON! Hope you tolerate the antibiotics better than some.
I have a relative who got very sick, from the wrong antibt.
and another relative, who almost DIED because the idiot dentist gave her
an antibiotic that didn't even touch the tooth infection. She had to have emergency
surgery to clean out the infection in her head. VERY scary!!

vic C. said:
Yeah, they can be more dangerous than the Black Widow. :o

Oh, yeah, I have 2 black widows living in my back yard. Those are common, here, too.
JUST LOOK AROUND before sticking your hand or foot somewhere, and you won't get bitten.

I've lived in Florida all my life, with all these dangerous insects and amphibians, and never, ever
got hurt by any of them. I grew up being extra cautious about being out of doors.
We had a huge spider in the back yard, couple of summers ago, and his web was right where you couldn't see it, but, of course, when outside, you look ahead, down, and up, before walking around.

We had a HISSING roach, one time! We teased it, to make it hiss. It would hunch down, and
tighten up, when we'd wave at it.

Florida isn't for sissies or dummies.

EW! I just looked at the pictures... eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. :crazyeyes:

Biblereader said:
vic C. said:
Yeah, they can be more dangerous than the Black Widow. :o

Oh, yeah, I have 2 black widows living in my back yard. Those are common, here, too.
JUST LOOK AROUND before sticking your hand or foot somewhere, and you won't get bitten.

I've lived in Florida all my life, with all these dangerous insects and amphibians, and never, ever
got hurt by any of them. I grew up being extra cautious about being out of doors.
We had a huge spider in the back yard, couple of summers ago, and his web was right where you couldn't see it, but, of course, when outside, you look ahead, down, and up, before walking around.

We had a HISSING roach, one time! We teased it, to make it hiss. It would hunch down, and
tighten up, when we'd wave at it.

Florida isn't for sissies or dummies.

Well the Gold Coast is the same as Florida, and we've got the lot sissies, dummies, snakes, spiders, kiwis, japanese, chinese, taiwanese and kanga-walla-bats, and a sprinkling of bunyips and yowies. :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

Malachi45 said:
Well the Gold Coast is the same as Florida, and we've got the lot sissies, dummies, snakes, spiders, kiwis, japanese, chinese, taiwanese and kanga-walla-bats, and a sprinkling of bunyips and yowies. :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

Oh! You're an Aussie! Oh my, Australia has the most poisionous creatures in the whole world!

What's a bunyip and a kanga walla bat? :)

Biblereader said:
Malachi45 said:

Oh! You're an Aussie! Oh my, Australia has the most poisionous creatures in the whole world!

What's a bunyip and a kanga walla bat? :)

A bunyip is an yowie, the men of the bush. Now a kanga-walla-bat is between a kangaroo, a wallaby and a wombat. I story we always told the children around a campfire in the bush.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back