Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is YOUR KJV preserved from error?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What more can be said? The errors have been clearly pointed out and some quick research on Ruckman shows he has some serious...issues.

Are you sure you not spreading a lie ?

What research ?

Our son has kept in touch with him , and K. Hovind over the years.

It is always easy to pull people down !

I don't want to turn this into a debate about Ruckman. What I mean by research is that one need just Google Ruckman and see what comes up. Check out http://vintage.aomin.org/kjvo.html and see just how un-Christian Ruckman is in dealing with those who disagree with him, not to mention how poor his reasoning is.

Hovind is something else as well.

But this topic is about errors in the KJV, so lets leave it at that.

You say........................................

Well I did not start it ................ Vince did !
And I am just asking is this the truth. My son seems to think this is a big lie ! And I want to know the truth. My son seems very sure of this. So I do hope this is not spreading a lie !

by Vince on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 am

During the 1950's, Peter Ruckman, a mentally ill WW2 veteran, invented the doctrine that the King James Version IS the Word of God, and it is sinful to use any other translation. His first doctrine was that the translators were preserved from error, but that became incresingly hard to prove, because there are minor mistakes in the KJV. His second revelation is that in 1611, God rejected His Word, commanded us to reject His Word, and replaced it with the King James Version.

Anyway, how preserved from error is YOUR KJV? Here's what you need to do: round up every KJV Bible and New Testament in your house. Turn to Mark 1:12 in every one of them, and see what the missing word is, and post it on this thread. Remember, other translations don't count; this is for King James only.

Mark 1:12 And immediately the ..... driveth him into the wilderness.Vince
Christian Forum Regular

Private messageE-mail

I'm not interested in who started it. If you want the truth, then do some research on the internet. We can always make this into another topic.

Vince said:
Here's what I came up with when I tried it:

1) My parallel Spanish/KJV says "spirit"
2) My New Scofield says "Spirit"
3) My Hyles-Anderson KJV says "Spirit"
4) My Thompson Chain Reference Bible says "Spirit"
5) My 1901 KJV (Bought it at a junk shop; leather-bound, great buy for $1) says "spirit"
6) The 1611 KJV Online says "spirit"
7) The University of Virginia Online Text Center KJV says "Spirit"
8) The 1611 KJV Online from Stewarton Bible School in Scotland says "Spirit"
9) The AV1611 King James Bible Page says "Spirit"
10) The Dewey Library online facsimile of the original 1611 KJV says "Spirit

Other posters generally agree that about 2/3 of all KJVs say "Spirit," and about 1/3 say "spirit."
my kjv dated 1972 has it in lower case

Folks, two weeks ago, my hard drive and D drive simultaneously went home to be with the Lord, and they should have my computer working in another week. Remember, this is Mexico.

Ruckmanites have tried desperately to prove that the doctrine that the KJV IS the Word of God existed before Peter Ruckman invented it, and they keep getting humiliated. When various unsaved scholars started attacking the Hebrew Masoretic Text and the Greek Received Text, from which the KJV is translated, various Christians made statements like "The KJV has no mistakes," meaning that it is not translated from faulty texts. Charles Spurgeon is a notable example of this. Other quotes from the same Christians show that they were referring to the original languages, and they themselves understood that there are mistakes in the KJV.

Matthew 16:13  ¶When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

The error in this verse isn't earth-shaking, but even the 1769 revision missed it. It should be "Who," not "Whom." Since EVERY KJV says "Who," none of them are preserved from error.

Okay, Folks, time to pull out all your King James Versions and look up Jeremiah 34:16

Jeremiah 34:16 But ye turned and polluted my name, and caused every man his servant, and every man his handmaid, whom ???? had set at liberty at their pleasure, to return, and brought them into subjection, to be unto you for servants and for handmaids.

Who set their servants at liberty?

I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Vince,
Before I comment here, I would like to ask you what the point of this thread is?? Is it to eventually pull together some point in order to glorify God? Would you claim to be a christian? Or is this just to point out the errors in the KJV so you can tell anyone who says it is the only bible that they are wrong??

Free said:
I don't want to turn this into a debate about Ruckman. What I mean by research is that one need just Google Ruckman and see what comes up. Check out http://vintage.aomin.org/kjvo.html and see just how un-Christian Ruckman is in dealing with those who disagree with him, not to mention how poor his reasoning is.

Hovind is something else as well.

Agreed and thanks for attempting to steer this back to the topic.

What I'd like to see is the nitpicking concerning minor (alleged) translation errors and misspellings to end and an attempt to show where the KJV and other TR-based translations err in essential doctrinal issues.

I'm growing tired of the same old unicorn and virgin finger-pointing.

Thank you. :salute

My goal is to show that Peter Ruckman is a false prophet. His first new revelation, in the 1950's, was that God had preserved the translators of the KJV from error. As it became increasingly clear that there are minor errors in the KJV, he developed a new revelation, that God had rejected His Word and replaced it with the KJV.

Ruckmanites have divided into various groups that spy on and attack each other. Independent Fundamentalist Baptist churches used to be a major soul-winning force in America, before Ruckman persuaded many of them to reject God's Word in favor of a man-made translation.

The original KJV has passed away, and we cannot be sure what all of its words were. The two surviving collections have slight contradictions.

Jeremiah 34:16 But ye turned and polluted my name, and caused every man his servant, and every man his handmaid, whom ????? had set at liberty at their pleasure, to return, and brought them into subjection, to be unto you for servants and for handmaids.

Who set their servants at liberty?

"ye"
New Scofield Reference Bible
Crusade Bible Publishers 1973
Hyles-Anderson Edition
Cambridge Edition 1900

"he"
Thompson Chain Reference Bible
World Syndicate Edition 1901
Holman Bible Publishers 1988

Hey Vince, I read the OP and it is about Ruckman, but the subject title doesn't reflect that. Shall I rename the thread?

Also, as Christians, should we even be ridiculing Ruckman? If your goal is to show alleged errors in the KJV, shouldn't that be the your main effort? Plus, as I stated in my previous thread, it would be prudent to show where these alleged errors affect essential doctrines of the Christian faith.

That would be a worthy discussion. Discrediting a man who supposedly suffered from mental illness hardly seems fair or Christ-like.

Peter Ruckman's mental illness isn't his biggest problem. Stealing another man's wife isn't his biggest problem. He has almost single-handedly demolished the powerful soul-winning influence of independent Baptists, turning them into a variety of dying camps that are hostile to each other. The great soul-winning megachurches of the sixties and seventies are either shells of their former selves, have joined the Southern Baptist Convention, or both.

It is clear from Galatians 5:19-21 that Ruckman is not a born-again Christian.

So, I assume the answer to my "shall we change the name of this thread" question is... yes?

What would you like me to rename it? We can't go on talking about Ruckman without changing the title of the topic. :help

No, let's keep it "Is YOUR KJV Preserved From Error?" My goal is to show people that the KJV, which has been tremendously used by God, is not His inspired Word.

Vince said:
No, let's keep it "Is YOUR KJV Preserved From Error?" My goal is to show people that the KJV, which has been tremendously used by God, is not His inspired Word.

Just a quick question, is there a better version, or are you just getting at the canonized bible is influenced by man yet contains God's living Word therefore not making it literally inspired by God(the definition that God directly spoke what is in the canonized bible. Or is this just against the KJV only.

seekandlisten said:
Vince said:

Just a quick question, is there a better version, or are you just getting at the canonized bible is influenced by man yet contains God's living Word therefore not making it literally inspired by God(the definition that God directly spoke what is in the canonized bible. Or is this just against the KJV only.

Huh?

Can u re-phrase that?

KJV - rukes man!

Steve76 said:
seekandlisten said:
Vince said:

Huh?

Can u re-phrase that?

KJV - rukes man!

It was a question for vince. I was simply asking him if there was a better version than the KJV as he was pointing out errors in it. The other part was more along the lines if he believed the canonized bible to be 'inspired by God' which depending on the definition of 'inspired by God' would make it infallible. Also, we have this guy Ruckman he is talking about. I was just trying to figure out the point of this thread.

Okay. The Hebrew Masoretic Text and the Greek Received Text are the inspired and preserved Word of God, which never died out, and which never came close to dying out. The KJV is an excellent translation of those texts, but there are mistakes in the KJV. I have been saved for almost forty years, and most of my spiritual growth has come from the KJV.

No matter how we try to work around it, most people have trouble understanding the KJV. I PREFER the New King James Version, which is also translated from the Masoretic and Received Texts, but which also has mistakes in it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back