Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus came to call sinners to repentance

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

07/07/07

The religious people of Jesus' day complained that He ate with sinners. What was Jesus' purpose for doing this? Jesus did it to call them to repentance. He likened sinners to people who are sick and in need of a physician. Sin is a disease and a curse that only Jesus can take away. Once taken away, sinners are made clean and given a new heart, one that now seeks after God's righteousness; and continuing to knowingly sin is a thing of the past because they have received a true born again experience.

Luke 5
[29] And Levi made him [Jesus] a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans [tax collectors] and of others that sat down with them.
[30] But their scribes and Pharisees [religious leaders] murmured against his [Jesus'] disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?
[31] And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
[32] I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The religious people of Jesus' day complained that He ate with sinners. What was Jesus' purpose for doing this? Jesus did it to call them to repentance. He likened sinners to people who are sick and in need of a physician. Sin is a disease and a curse that only Jesus can take away. Once taken away, sinners are made clean and given a new heart, one that now seeks after God's righteousness; and continuing to knowingly sin is a thing of the past because they have received a true born again experience.

Luke 5
[29] And Levi made him [Jesus] a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans [tax collectors] and of others that sat down with them.
[30] But their scribes and Pharisees [religious leaders] murmured against his [Jesus'] disciples, saying, Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?
[31] And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

>>>There were sinners and righteous, but Jesus came only to the sinners.
But we been told, there are no righteous and we all sinners.

That's right .
The self-labeled righteous of Jesus' day didn't need Him.
They still resist Him today.
Luke 5

That's right .
The self-labeled righteous of Jesus' day didn't need Him.
They still resist Him today.
>>>'Self labeled" ?
Jesus called them Righteous, healthy who is in no need of guidance or a doctor.
But as he said: he was sent to the unhealthy, not guided and the sinners.
from the biggening Jesus called them: the lost sheep of Israel, not all the Jews, but the "lost ones".

BTW, if you look again at verse 31, the Jews were accusing the disciples not Jesus.
But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against His disciples, saying, “Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?”

BTW, if you look again at verse 31, the Jews were accusing the disciples not Jesus.
But their scribes and Pharisees murmured against His disciples, saying, “Why do ye eat and drink with publicans and sinners?”
Luke 5:29 does say the feast was for Christ.

Although the complained with the disciples, they saw the feast was for Jesus, and the great company of publicans and others sat down with them. ( Jesus and HIs disciples.)

Jesus sat at that feast to eat, and that is why many publicans and sinners came and sat down with Him.

The Pharisees questioned why their Master eats with publican and sinners ?

The answer is because they came to repent.

Luke 5:29 And Levi made him a great feast in his own house: and there was a great company of publicans and of others that sat down with them.

Matthew 9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

In Matthew 21, this time the chief priests and elders, came asking Jesus directly, what authority he had to o the things He was doing in the temple.

Jesus corners them so they are unable to confess the truth.

The Pharisees, and now the chief priests and elders, have this testimony, they are the ones who said they go, ( to do Gods will) but they never went, they were in word only, not in heart.

Those publicans and harlots, (others/sinners) go into the Kingdom of God before the Pharisees and chief priests and elders, because they believed and the Pharisees did not believe. ( the sinner repents and believes and becomes the righteous, but the righteous who does not believe, does not repent, and becomes the unrighteous.)

Matthew 21:23 And when he was come into the temple, the chief priests and the elders of the people came unto him as he was teaching, and said, By what authority doest thou these things? and who gave thee this authority?
24 And Jesus answered and said unto them, I also will ask you one thing, which if ye tell me, I in like wise will tell you by what authority I do these things.
25 The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?
26 But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet.
27 And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

Matthew 21:28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

That's because they followed our Lords' example,

Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? Mt.9:11
If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household! Mt.10:25

Exactly as the chief priests and elders and Pharisees, complain about Jesus and to Jesus, and Jesus answers them, they are the ones who say, they go and went not.

Jesus said to them, the sinners enter the Kingdom before them.

That was already described to Israel, in Ezekiel, we see Israel rejected the counsel of the Lord, how when the righteous ( Pharisees and chief priests) turn and do iniquity, they di for sin. But f the wicked turns and does what is right they live thereby. ( the sinners believed in Jesus Christ, repented and turned to do what was right, as that is them ntering into the Kingdom of heaven/God)

Matthew 21:29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

Ezekiel 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

Ezekiel 33:31 And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.
32 And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.

Nowadays, even on this forum, people show much love with their mouth ( text and nothing in deed) just as Israel had done as seen in Ezekiel, and then as Jesus showed what the Pharisees were.

The whole purpose is, the ones who say the way of the Lord is not equal, it is their way that is not equal, as they are judged every one after his ways.

So we have a sinner, what is usually his first calling? (Repentance)

We have a John the Baptist person convicted of sins and baptized into Repentance. What is this person called to?
(Salvation)

We have a person called beyond the Baptist Baptism, into the Baptism into Christ. This person is baptized into the name of Jesus. What is his calling? (To be a witness on his level)?

Now we have a Christian needing to witness to others, by being baptized in the Holy Spirit for power.

Matthew 28:19 ljv
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

Why did I complicate everything?

To do theology requires everything we have to be used.

At the time of calling for Repentance, Jesus had not yet fulfilled salvation. John the Baptist said (believe in the one who comes after me).

We teach all things. LOL

Mississippi redneck
eddif

>>>'Self labeled" ?
Jesus called them Righteous, healthy who is in no need of guidance or a doctor.
Did He really ?
Nobody was righteous, but some acted as if they were.
But as he said: he was sent to the unhealthy, not guided and the sinners.
from the biggening Jesus called them: the lost sheep of Israel, not all the Jews, but the "lost ones".
They were all lost.
Some just didn't admit to it.
Okay...

1. So we have a sinner, what is usually his first calling? (Repentance)

2. We have a John the Baptist person convicted of sins and baptized into Repentance. What is this person called to?
(Salvation)

3. We have a person called beyond the Baptist Baptism, into the Baptism into Christ. This person is baptized into the name of Jesus. What is his calling? (To be a witness on his level)?

4. Now we have a Christian needing to witness to others, by being baptized in the Holy Spirit for power.

Matthew 28:19 ljv
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.
1. We have a Lord Jesus Christ, who judges the world by God raising Him from the dead, and we have the world who worships idols, who are commanded to repent, which shows ABSOLUTELY, the sinners first calling is not repentance, because it is by the COMMANDMENT OF GOD, because EQUALLY, it is ALL MEN EVERYWHERE WHO ARE COMMANDED BY GOD TO REPENT, whether they repent or not, they were COMMANDED by God to do so.

It is the LORDS WILLINGNESS, that all should come to repentance. ( not the willingness of any MAN/sinner.)

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2. Then we have John the Baptist, who says to Jesus that he has need to be baptized of Him, Jesus tells John to also baptize Him, ( fulfilling all righteousness, as this is belief for us to be baptized with the same baptism that Christ was baptized with, and to drink with the cup that He drank of, Mark 10:38-39.)

This opens the heavens and God gives testimony of the beloved Son pleasing the Father.

Matthew 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Mark 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

2. John continues, how he is of the earth and speaks of the earth, but He that comes from heaven is above all.

He whom God sent speaks the words of God, the Spirit not given by measure. ( as given with measure to John) John tells that he that believes on the Son has everlasting life.

Paul tells about John, who baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Christ, who would come after him.

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

3. Now we have Jesus Christ after John, doing as John said, speaking the words of God, and we have no man ( of Israel) receiving His words.

They cannot convince Jesus of sin, Jesus tells them the truth, ( God gave the Spirit not by measure unto Him.) and they are told, they who are of God, hear Gods words, and they did not hear them, as they are not of God. (He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.)

John 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

4. We have this finally, first we see we have witnesses, Simeon, who had the Holy Ghost upon him.

Simon departs in peace, for his eyes had seen the salvation of the Lord, Jesus Christ who was the light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of HIs people Israel.

John, ( not John the Baptist) witnesses what he had seen, with their eyes. ( carrying on from Simeon who departed in peace after his eyes had seen the salvation of the Lord, as John the Baptist said the SAME, "which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. " John 3:29.)

The Apostles speak of what John had told all to do, to hear those who have handled of the Word of life, for the life was manifested to them, and they saw it, and bear witness, and show unto us that eternal life, which was with the Father and manifested to those Apostle3s of the Lord Jesus Christ. They declare to us what they have seen, ( the Gospels of Christ) for us to have fellowship with THEM, as TRULY, their fellowship is with the FATHER AND WITH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST.

John, along with Peter, ( who confirm Paul had seen the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:15.) are witnesses of all things which Christ did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; they killed Him and hanged on a tree:, God raised Him up the third day, and shewed Him openly.

Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to the same Apostles, who did eat and drink with Him after he rose from the dead. And He commanded THE APOSTLES to preach unto the people, ( Matthew 28:19-20.) and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Luke 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Acts 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

1 Corinthians 9:1 Am I am not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?

They were all lost.
They cannot admit to it unless granted repentance to the acknowledging of the truth, which is after godliness.

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

In order to keep it simple.

Acts 2:38 kjv
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

IMHO
3 simple steps.
1. Repent
2. Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for tre remission of sins
3. You shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

At the last trump we are changed.

We can quote much scripture about those three simple steps and what happens at the last trump.
(Teaching all things)

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Did He really ?
Nobody was righteous, but some acted as if they were.

They were all lost.

Okay...
LOL.
You noticed. Good.

That is like this scripture
Ephesians 4:28 kjv
28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Move the punctuation and words around and add a word and you get (this false statement);
Let him that stole steal
No longer doing honest work with his hands
That he no longer has to give his good things he needs to others.

That is not an original observation but came from a preacher years ago.

Scripture can be worked with till it is upside down.

Keep up the good work,

eddif

They cannot admit to it unless granted repentance to the acknowledging of the truth, which is after godliness.
That is kind of awry from the topic Tempo and I were discussing.
That being the Jews Jesus "was sent to".
I don't feel that Jesus will deny repentance to anybody.
2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

In order to keep it simple.

Acts 2:38 kjv
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

IMHO
3 simple steps.
1. Repent
2. Be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for tre remission of sins
3. You shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

At the last trump we are changed.

We can quote much scripture about those three simple steps and what happens at the last trump.
(Teaching all things)

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Nothing left but to endure faithfully until the end.

LOL.
You noticed. Good.

That is like this scripture
Ephesians 4:28 kjv
28. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Move the punctuation and words around and add a word and you get (this false statement);
Let him that stole steal
No longer doing honest work with his hands
That he no longer has to give his good things he needs to others.

That is not an original observation but came from a preacher years ago.

Scripture can be worked with till it is upside down.

Keep up the good work,

eddif
That's for sure.

Luke 5
The sinners Jesus was talking about were His Jewish brethren.

I don't feel that Jesus will deny repentance to anybody.
We can get the feeling from the background of the chief priests, scribes Seduces and Pharisees of Israel then.

God sent all HIs messengers to Israel, but they misused His prophets, until wrath rose against Israel, and there was no remedy for them. ( no repentance)

Israel did not listen, they instead walked in the counsel of their evil heart.

From the time of Egypt until Israel was exiled into Babylon, God sent to them all His servants the prophets, but they did not listen, they hardened themselves.

Then God left a statement for them, they are a nation who does not obey the voice of God, nor receive correction, ( no repenting) and truth is perished and cut off from their mouth. ( no repentance.)

No man of Israel spoke right, no man repented of their wickedness, they denied they had done wrong.

God told that, the stork in the heaven knows her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the Lord.

2 Chronicles 36:15 And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

Jeremiah 7:24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.

Jeremiah 7:25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.

Jeremiah 7:27 Therefore thou shalt speak all these words unto them; but they will not hearken to thee: thou shalt also call unto them; but they will not answer thee.
28 But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the Lord their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.

Jeremiah 8:6 I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle.
7 Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but my people know not the judgment of the Lord.

We can already know that when Jesus came to Israel, H has to fulfil all that has been told already to Israel by God.

Jesus begins to tell Israel how they are of their father the devil, which is being murderers from the beginning, ( Cain who was of that wicked one killed Abel)

If they were of God they would hear Gods words, ( to repent) but because they are not of God, they hear not. ( no repentance)

That is proven throughout the Gospel, how the scribes of Israel, think evil in their hearts. ( No difference from what was told previously to Israel. "But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart." Jeremiah 7:24.)

The same was told to Israel in Luke 12, how they can discern the face of the sky, but they cannot discern the time. ( were unable to believe in the judgement of the Lord. Unable to repent and believe.

Exactly as said in Jeremiah 8. "no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? the stork in the heaven knows her appointed times; and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; BUT MY PEOPLE KNOW NOT THE JUDGEMENT OF THE LORD."

Which answers this, "why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?" Because HIs people DID NOT KNOW THE JUDGEMENT OF THE LORD.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Matthew 9:3 And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.
4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

Luke 12:56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?
57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

Israel had killed the prophets sent to them.

Jesus gave the parable to complete what Israel had always done, how they killed all the prophets sent to them, and finally they were unable to repent of what they had done, ( to fill up the measure of their fathers) so they killed the Son also. ( this fulfils how the builders, which are the chief priests and elders of the people, rejected the Stone, who is become the head of the corner. No repentance would be granted to those who were being, what they always were, and the purpose was to establish our Lord Jesus Christ.)

Again another parable tells how Israel has Moses and the prophets to hear. ( Moses who they thrust from them and the prophets who they persecuted and killed)

It was suggested if one went to them from the dead they would repent ?

But it was answered, although one rise form the dead, ( Jesus Christ) they WILL NOT REPENT, will not be persuaded.

Jesus tells the builders of Israel, how they instead of repenting, will fill up the measure of their fathers. as they are serpents, a generation of vipers, to not escape the damnation of hell.

Jesus tells the leaders of Israel, why the prophets were sent to them, because of the persecution and killing they did on the servants of God, all the righteous blood shed on the earth would be required of them. ( no repentance was planned for them, as the blood from Abel shed by Cain, was from them being of the same father as Cain, they are of their father the devil.)

Mark 12:5 And again he sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some, and killing some.
6 Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.
7 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'
8 And they took him, and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard.
9 What shall therefore the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen, and will give the vineyard unto others.
10 And have ye not read this scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of the corner:
11 This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Luke 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Matthew 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Matthew 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Continued.

We notice that repentance is a gift of God, on whom He gives it, it is exactly as told, to as many as the Lord God shall call. ( such as to the Gentiles, it was as many as were ordained to eternal life, believe.)

Romans 2 shows the hardness of the heart ( which Israel had, and still has, through never knowing the judgement of the Lord/) is what prevents repentance.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Romans 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

It is proven again how election is through God who calls, which was not Esau, Jacob was loved, but Esau was hated.

Esau found no place of repentance, and those who fail of the grace of God are rejected the same. ( the promise is to as many as the Lord God shall call, not to the chief priests, elders, builders, or Pharisees of Israel.)

Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Along with whom the Lord calls, He chooses whom He will. Jesus chose the Apostles out of the world, ( giving them repentance, and not to everybody in the world.)

Israel killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, their sins are filled up always, the wrath of God come on them to the uttermost. ( as 2 Chronicles 36:15-16 spoke of the wrath of God on them and Jesus confirmed they escape no damnation of hell as the blood they shed is required of them. Matthew 23:34-35.)

There is a spirit of error, the many antichrist spirits in the world, they are also not meant to repent, they are meant to deceive all. ( which they are doing, even on this forum :) )

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1 Thessalonians 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

1 John 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back