Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Jesus Cannot Be A God While On Earth

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

Jesus Cannot Be A God While On Earth

Since Jesus Christ is God become man then Jesus Christ cannot do anything that any God could do while on this earth. When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit they did so believing the lie of the serpent that they would become a God as a result of their disobedience. If Jesus Christ did anything that a God could do while as a man then he would instantly prove Satan's (hint: the serpent) lie as the truth, that man could indeed become God.

When Jesus Christ walked this earth he relied on the Holy Spirit to effectuate anything that a God could do. Jesus Christ could not do anything more than what any man could do or else he would be a man become God and hence prove that Satan's lie wasn't just a lie, but would be proven as fact, that man could become God.

The Holy Spirit allowed Jesus Christ to bring God's love to mankind with demonstrations of miraculous deeds while not requiring Jesus Christ to use the power of Christ's own deity or else Satan's lie would have been proven right, that man could become God. However, Jesus could use his Godly power against demonic spirits since demons are not of this world.

Jesus stated at his trial. just before his crucifixion, that this world IS NOT his kingdom. Today religious people are all clamoring for Jesus Christ to return to this world to be lord and God over the entire earth.

In order for Jesus Christ to rule over the entire world Jesus would have to do so as a God. Since Jesus Christ is still in bodily form, ruling over anything on this earth would require that Jesus become a God as a man and therefore it would instantly prove Satan's lie is not a lie. God cannot be a God on this earth for as long as God is in bodily form in the person of Jesus Christ.

Again, if Jesus Christ returns to rule over the entire earth as his kingdom then he would have to do it as a man become God, and this would prove Satan's lie correct, that man could become God.

Consider that when the Antichrist appears in this world he CANNOT perform any miracle on his own or else the moniker of being an Antichrist would forever be destroyed. The Antichrist cannot be a man become God, just like Jesus Christ could not be a man become God, but instead the Antichrist must also be a God become man. The beast that follows the Antichrist is liken to the Holy Spirit that indwelt Jesus Christ and must perform all the miracles of a God for the Antichrist.

It must be stated that in Genesis 6:6 (see below) God regretted making human beings on this earth.

Therefore any man purporting to be a sinless man coming to redeem all of mankind must not be included in God's regret of Genesis 6:6 meaning that he must not be created nor made on this earth.

The inescapable conclusion is that a sinless man must be a God become man ( hint: Jesus Christ) for God is not a created being and as a sinless man he must not be of this earth (hint: Jesus Christ's virgin birth). Equally the Antichrist must match these characteristics of being God become man not of this earth.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is God become man, and you'll be forgiven of all sin especially the sin of believing that we are all Gods ourselves.

Note:

Genesis 6:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

God Bless

Since Jesus Christ is God become man then Jesus Christ cannot do anything that any God could do while on this earth. When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit they did so believing the lie of the serpent that they would become a God as a result of their disobedience. If Jesus Christ did anything that a God could do while as a man then he would instantly prove Satan's (hint: the serpent) lie as the truth, that man could indeed become God.

When Jesus Christ walked this earth he relied on the Holy Spirit to effectuate anything that a God could do. Jesus Christ could not do anything more than what any man could do or else he would be a man become God and hence prove that Satan's lie wasn't just a lie, but would be proven as fact, that man could become God.

The Holy Spirit allowed Jesus Christ to bring God's love to mankind with demonstrations of miraculous deeds while not requiring Jesus Christ to use the power of Christ's own deity or else Satan's lie would have been proven right, that man could become God. However, Jesus could use his Godly power against demonic spirits since demons are not of this world.

Jesus stated at his trial. just before his crucifixion, that this world IS NOT his kingdom. Today religious people are all clamoring for Jesus Christ to return to this world to be lord and God over the entire earth.

In order for Jesus Christ to rule over the entire world Jesus would have to do so as a God. Since Jesus Christ is still in bodily form, ruling over anything on this earth would require that Jesus become a God as a man and therefore it would instantly prove Satan's lie is not a lie. God cannot be a God on this earth for as long as God is in bodily form in the person of Jesus Christ.

Again, if Jesus Christ returns to rule over the entire earth as his kingdom then he would have to do it as a man become God, and this would prove Satan's lie correct, that man could become God.

Consider that when the Antichrist appears in this world he CANNOT perform any miracle on his own or else the moniker of being an Antichrist would forever be destroyed. The Antichrist cannot be a man become God, just like Jesus Christ could not be a man become God, but instead the Antichrist must also be a God become man. The beast that follows the Antichrist is liken to the Holy Spirit that indwelt Jesus Christ and must perform all the miracles of a God for the Antichrist.

It must be stated that in Genesis 6:6 (see below) God regretted making human beings on this earth.

Therefore any man purporting to be a sinless man coming to redeem all of mankind must not be included in God's regret of Genesis 6:6 meaning that he must not be created nor made on this earth.

The inescapable conclusion is that a sinless man must be a God become man ( hint: Jesus Christ) for God is not a created being and as a sinless man he must not be of this earth (hint: Jesus Christ's virgin birth). Equally the Antichrist must match these characteristics of being God become man not of this earth.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is God become man, and you'll be forgiven of all sin especially the sin of believing that we are all Gods ourselves.

Note:

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

God Bless

John chapter 20 King James Version

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Personally ugmug, I believe that you have severely underestimated the deity of the Son of God.

There is usually what seems to be a lot of "cut and paste" stuff that comes from ugmug.

It might be nice if ugmug would share which camp this cut and paste stuff comes from. I haven't been able to pin it down yet, but this particular post above smacks quite a bit into the christian cultish arena, for no uncertainty. I smell a bit of charismania, with an added flavor of a control freak, or several, at the helm. IF I had to guess, I would guess, let's see, maybe the Shepherds Chapel? Is that the one ugmug?

What hallmark makes me say that? The simplest sight, the definite non-Trin claim, here:

"When Jesus Christ walked this earth he relied on the Holy Spirit to effectuate anything that a God could do. Jesus Christ could not do anything more than what any man could do or else he would be a man become God and hence prove that Satan's lie wasn't just a lie, but would be proven as fact, that man could become God."

Sorry ugmug. God was IN CHRIST. 2 Cor. 5:19. (NIV) It is quite pointless to say or claim otherwise.

There is usually what seems to be a lot of "cut and paste" stuff that comes from ugmug.

It might be nice if ugmug would share which camp this cut and paste stuff comes from. I haven't been able to pin it down yet, but this particular post above smacks quite a bit into the christian cultish arena, for no uncertainty. I smell a bit of charismania, with an added flavor of a control freak, or several, at the helm. IF I had to guess, I would guess, let's see, maybe the Shepherds Chapel? Is that the one ugmug?

What hallmark makes me say that? The simplest sight, the definite non-Trin claim, here:

"When Jesus Christ walked this earth he relied on the Holy Spirit to effectuate anything that a God could do. Jesus Christ could not do anything more than what any man could do or else he would be a man become God and hence prove that Satan's lie wasn't just a lie, but would be proven as fact, that man could become God."

Sorry ugmug. God was IN CHRIST. 2 Cor. 5:19. (NIV) It is quite pointless to say or claim otherwise.

Agreed, Brother.
/Jesus Christ could not do anything more than what any man could do.../

Jesus could do only what man is capable of himself. The Holy Spirit did not have to do it all (beyond what Jesus and His own personal faith did)

There's the difference of why Jesus seemed to be able to do things that were above man, faith. He had unshakable faith...we could too. :wink

Note:

God Bless
Your conclusions are not logical nor are they scriptural. The Christ/Messiah divested Himself of the powers of God to become man, that does not mean He was no longer God, illogical! Had He not been God in the body of man, He would have sinned.

Since Jesus Christ is God become man then Jesus Christ cannot do anything that any God could do while on this earth.
oi veh! :shame
Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, calmed the sea, walked on water, twice fed thousands of people with just a few loaves of bread and rose from the dead.
And you don't think He was God????
If Jesus Christ did anything that a God could do while as a man then he would instantly prove Satan's (hint: the serpent) lie as the truth, that man could indeed become God.
Nonsense.
Jesus is BOTH God and man.
That's basic Christianity. What kind of church do you attend where they do not make that clear???

When Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit they did so believing the lie of the serpent that they would become a God as a result of their disobedience. If Jesus Christ did anything that a God could do while as a man then he would instantly prove Satan's (hint: the serpent) lie as the truth, that man could indeed become God.

Gen 3:5 - For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The serpent did not lie about this. Being as gods, in the sense of having the ability to judge good verses evil, is not the same as actually being a god. God Himself confirms the serpent did not lie in this respect.

Gen 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Because the serpent did not lie in this respect, there is no need to try to limit God with regards to what He can or cannot do during His incarnation.

Gen 3:5 - For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

The serpent did not lie about this. Being as gods, in the sense of having the ability to judge good verses evil, is not the same as actually being a god. God Himself confirms the serpent did not lie in this respect.

Gen 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Because the serpent did not lie in this respect, there is no need to try to limit God with regards to what He can or cannot do during His incarnation.

There are a lot of christian fairy tales that come out of the early Genesis account. A "good lie" always has some truth to it. The devil tempted Jesus with what? Scripture. The serpent also used scripture, tempting Eve. First in accounting part of it. Then lying about it. The reality of it was Eve was already (internally) deceived about the command itself, before she met the tempter/temptations.

If we consider deception i.e. a lie already within Eve evil, then evil was already present with her.

The law, from the first one, do not eat, came with a curse, that being the death threat, which threat/curse was realized.

A lot of people read the Genesis account where God saw everything as only very good. This is only true in Gods Perspective. God also saw that Adam was alone, and that was NOT GOOD. So "not good" was also in the garden. Gen. 2:18.

The knowledge of evil was in the garden. The tempter was in the garden. A lie and a liar was in the garden. A curse was in the garden via the threat of death. Deception was in the garden. If we read closely we'll even see, in advance, that "man" was meant to replenish and subdue the earth itself from Gen. 1 in Gods first statement to Adam, which is an advance notice that Adam would be leaving the garden. The need to replenish and subdue also has implications. Reduction brings the need to replenish. Resistance brings the need to subdue.

Protology (the study of beginnings). It's what's for theological breakfast. If we don't eat a good meal from the Genesis accounts, we'll go theologically hungry in a hurry.

God, in reality, cursed the natural man, in the Garden. And did so via the delivery of the LAW. There was no chance and no choice of either Adam or Eve avoiding the reality of that curse. Nor has anyone else avoided it.

Deuteronomy 32:39

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Divine Sovereignty has all His Pleasure. And some of that pleasure does not appear as only pleasant, to/for us. Suffering also has it's place, in Love.

There is no truth in anything the serpent said....

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back