Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jesus Christ Claims to be Yahweh - John 8:23-25

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Greetings again SolaScriptura,
Unitarianism CANNOT explain these FACTS!
You did not answer my question about the other "begotten" and this difficulty is one of the many why I do not accept the Trinity. I believe that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father was the Creator.

I believe that Jesus was and is a human and did not pre-exist his birth. I am therefore in a different position to the JWs. I consider that both Trinitarians and JWs have teachings contrary to the Bible teaching.

I will leave this thread now. Enough has been discussed and I am not proficient at answering some of these Jesus as "creator" passages though I could copy and paste a few answers. I will leave this to others with better knowledge and exposition skills. Psalm 8:1 teaches me that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.

Kind regards
Trevor

You did not answer my question about the other "begotten" and this difficulty is one of the many why I do not accept the Trinity. I believe that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father was the Creator.

I believe that Jesus was and is a human and did not pre-exist his birth. I am therefore in a different position to the JWs. I consider that both Trinitarians and JWs have teachings contrary to the Bible teaching.

I will leave this thread now. Enough has been discussed and I am not proficient at answering some of these Jesus as "creator" passages though I could copy and paste a few answers. I will leave this to others with better knowledge and exposition skills. Psalm 8:1 teaches me that the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the Creator.

Kind regards
Trevor

The only BEGETTING of Jesus Christ is at His Conception in the Virgin Mary

I believe that Jesus was and is a human and did not pre-exist his birth.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3

• and the Word was God.

Here we see that all things were made through Him (The Word).

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Nothing that was made, was made without Him.

The Word became Flesh.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

• The Word was God.
  • The Word became flesh.
  • God was manifested in the flesh

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

Please tell me what you disagree with in these scriptures.

I believe that Jesus was and is a human and did not pre-exist his birth

Isaiah 9.6 is on verse that proves you wrong

Also

John 6:51
[51]I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world. ”

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”
So when the LORD saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:1-6

Moses was seeing the Son of God, the Angel of the LORD who is the LORD (YHWH) God.
The Angel of the LORD isn't YHWH according to Scrpture. YHWH and the Angel of the LORD have a conversation. Therefore they are not the same person.

Zechariah 1
12Then the angel of the LORD said, “How long, O LORD of Hosts, will You withhold mercy from Jerusalem and the cities of Judah, with which You have been angry these seventy years?”

13So the LORD spoke kind and comforting words to the angel who was speaking with me.

14Then the angel who was speaking with me said, “Proclaim this word: This is what the LORD of Hosts says: ‘I am very jealous for Jerusalem and Zion, 15but I am fiercely angry with the nations that are at ease. For I was a little angry, but they have added to the calamity.b

Last edited:
Isaiah 9.6 is on verse that proves you wrong
Isaiah 9:6 disproves the Trinity because the child who was born isn't the Everlasting Father. The Son and Father are not the same person in the Trinity.

Also

John 6:51
[51]I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world. ”
Jesus is a human from heaven, i,e, the Son of Man. The "Son of God" descending from heaven isn't found in the Bible. Of course, a literal human didn't descend from the sky. It's about God's plans in heaven manifesting on earth. Jesus didn't have a literal pre-exististent. Please quote the book, chapter, and verse that says Jesus was saying or doing X thing in the Old Testament. Thank you.

John 3
13No one has ascended into heaven except the One who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.

Kind regards
Trevor

Jesus didn't literally pre-exist. He wasn't actually slain before the foundation of the world, but on a cross in Israel. The Bible says he died one time, not two.

Revelation 13
8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the Lamb’s book of life, the Lamb who was slain from the creation of the world.

Hebrews 9
28so also Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await Him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back