Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Jman96's Testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jman96

So, hello all, I know I'm not really an active member and all, but I figured I would take some time in sharing my testimony. If you read this, thanks and i'm sorry it's so long.

My Life, a living testimony. I have grown up in the Christian household, with a mother who who is not the exact Jesus Freak, but still has complete faith in God and counts on him as her Lord and Savior.

All the way from birth to age of nine I lived with my mother and father. Not the true representation of what a real marriage is. There was always the arguing and the fighting, my dad, not always around obsessed with his job. We all went to Church Sunday mornings and I grew up going to Sunday school, the normal routine of the kids my age. I grew up knowing I should believe in this God as my savior and accepted it.

I never truly knew who Jesus was and about this love because it was never truly represented in my home. At the age of ten I started to mature more than most kids, quicker as well, this was the year I would be hit with the devastating news that my mother was divorcing my father and that we would be living with my mother, visiting my father.

We moved into a new home, lived in a new town, and started from there. We quickly created our routine and it was fun. I grew up with actual neighbors, something i was not use to, made friends, but still miserable. I was miserable because I was forced to visit my father every weekend. We would basically pack up and drive to his house for the weekend. This was not a good relationship, we would show up get through the weekend constantly scolded for anything me or my siblings did wrong and then go home in tears. There was no true love there, nothing. So I was ready for a change.

Then something amazing happened, my mother met a man, they got married, and me and my siblings moved across the country to Washington State where we now live. I was so eager to get out of Texas, to go somewhere, where I did not have to worry about my father punishing me for stupid things because of the hate he had for my mother. I was in fact, free.

From the age of eleven to thirteen we had in fact, a fun time. My mother married who we, at the time believed was an amazing new step father and we started to build a relationship, and we were attending a church, where I helped assist the Sunday school teacher and even got to help teach a few lessons of my own once i entered eighth grade. I truly thought I was doing God's will for my life. Then, slowly, we started to see some signs in my step father. He was an alcoholic. It was getting worse, he started coming home drunk, eventually to the point of throwing ice chest through my sisters window to gain access to our home. This is the time in my life where i felt most empty.

I had no relationship with my father, and the next best thing was all fake, nothing was real. I was in fact lonely. I had not many friends and i didn't know if I would have any. Eventually my mother divorced him and as we got more separation and back into a routine it started to look better.

I'm finishing eighth grade and going into high school. We had left the previous church where i was assisting Sunday school and went to a new one, one with a youth group for high school students.

So all the way from ninth grade to now(eleventh), I have been attending this church, I have grown in my faith and know truly know who Jesus Christ is. I have been able to make new friends and grow as a christian. God has blessed with my past to be able to deal with people and their personalities where I have made some crazy and some normal friends. I have been provided a job and I am truly able to support myself for my needs that my mother can not afford.

I have been blessed, sometimes, when i don't deserve it. God has given me a life that is tough and normal people can't relate, but it has strengthened me to deal with situations and grow as a person.

I still have no relationship with my father, I infact have completely separated myself from him, with his help of not answering my letters. This is tough as he gives my brother and sister attention. But I have used it, found new father figures to look to in my church and truly, am a living testimony on how God can take someone with no understanding and throw them into the deep end of the sea, where god is my buoy.

Now, In life i am most busy, balancing school, work, friends, and also some fun time. I have not been too active on the forum, but trust me, God has a plan and I'm out there, searching for it.

So, hello all, I know I'm not really an active member and all, but I figured I would take some time in sharing my testimony. If you read this, thanks and i'm sorry it's so long.

My Life, a living testimony. I have grown up in the Christian household, with a mother who who is not the exact Jesus Freak, but still has complete faith in God and counts on him as her Lord and Savior.

All the way from birth to age of nine I lived with my mother and father. Not the true representation of what a real marriage is. There was always the arguing and the fighting, my dad, not always around obsessed with his job. We all went to Church Sunday mornings and I grew up going to Sunday school, the normal routine of the kids my age. I grew up knowing I should believe in this God as my savior and accepted it.

I never truly knew who Jesus was and about this love because it was never truly represented in my home. At the age of ten I started to mature more than most kids, quicker as well, this was the year I would be hit with the devastating news that my mother was divorcing my father and that we would be living with my mother, visiting my father.

We moved into a new home, lived in a new town, and started from there. We quickly created our routine and it was fun. I grew up with actual neighbors, something i was not use to, made friends, but still miserable. I was miserable because I was forced to visit my father every weekend. We would basically pack up and drive to his house for the weekend. This was not a good relationship, we would show up get through the weekend constantly scolded for anything me or my siblings did wrong and then go home in tears. There was no true love there, nothing. So I was ready for a change.

Then something amazing happened, my mother met a man, they got married, and me and my siblings moved across the country to Washington State where we now live. I was so eager to get out of Texas, to go somewhere, where I did not have to worry about my father punishing me for stupid things because of the hate he had for my mother. I was in fact, free.

From the age of eleven to thirteen we had in fact, a fun time. My mother married who we, at the time believed was an amazing new step father and we started to build a relationship, and we were attending a church, where I helped assist the Sunday school teacher and even got to help teach a few lessons of my own once i entered eighth grade. I truly thought I was doing God's will for my life. Then, slowly, we started to see some signs in my step father. He was an alcoholic. It was getting worse, he started coming home drunk, eventually to the point of throwing ice chest through my sisters window to gain access to our home. This is the time in my life where i felt most empty.

I had no relationship with my father, and the next best thing was all fake, nothing was real. I was in fact lonely. I had not many friends and i didn't know if I would have any. Eventually my mother divorced him and as we got more separation and back into a routine it started to look better.

I'm finishing eighth grade and going into high school. We had left the previous church where i was assisting Sunday school and went to a new one, one with a youth group for high school students.

So all the way from ninth grade to now(eleventh), I have been attending this church, I have grown in my faith and know truly know who Jesus Christ is. I have been able to make new friends and grow as a christian. God has blessed with my past to be able to deal with people and their personalities where I have made some crazy and some normal friends. I have been provided a job and I am truly able to support myself for my needs that my mother can not afford.

I have been blessed, sometimes, when i don't deserve it. God has given me a life that is tough and normal people can't relate, but it has strengthened me to deal with situations and grow as a person.

I still have no relationship with my father, I infact have completely separated myself from him, with his help of not answering my letters. This is tough as he gives my brother and sister attention. But I have used it, found new father figures to look to in my church and truly, am a living testimony on how God can take someone with no understanding and throw them into the deep end of the sea, where god is my buoy.

Now, In life i am most busy, balancing school, work, friends, and also some fun time. I have not been too active on the forum, but trust me, God has a plan and I'm out there, searching for it.

You are strong and mature in your age . I'm so blessed by your testimony Justin , continue to be a blessing to the young people out there.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back