Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JAG ..

640x480.webp

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]

There are and were many popular and admired preachers since the first century. But whether what is lauded and admired by men is so by God remains to be seen.

What we do know is they will be more strictly judged and will have to give an answer to Him for the false (but popular and financially profitable) teaching they gave. And for those who named their ministry and their bibles after themselves, I wouldn’t be surprised to have them hear from God, “why do you expect any reward from me? You received money and honor from man. None of your ministry was done for Me where only I see it. It was done for your own profit and that you received in full.”

It's amazing to me that a man like him who knows the Bible so well would defend Calvinism so vehemently. I have come to realize apparently there are some things he never thought of that serve as legitimate Biblical arguments against Calvinism. But maybe this is for our good, to show us not to exalt any man no matter how learned and spiritually gifted they are, and he surely is. That's what I get out of it.

640x480.webp

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]

He teaches false doctrine based on Calvinism.

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:15-17

He teaches that people who speak in tongues, cast out devils are operating by the devil.

That is text book blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

JLB

Most people aren’t all good or all bad. If you believed false teaching, well, who thinks that all that they think on matters of God are the way God sees it (iow, the truth?)

It is more problematic if you teach, however. There neither God nor man can be so merciful. But thankfully few of us are called to pronounce a judgement.

As for me, I oppose Calvinism, but know that some of them nevertheless bring people to be saved. They also teach some truth that helps believers, no question. But What they also teach that causes men to reject their God (make no mistake, I know atheists who reject the God that predetermined eternal destiny before birth), for them they will answer Him, not me. That revelation will be quite bitter and that’s it’s own punishment (that men and women rejected the false god they preached and so rejected Christ because they preached the popular, but not the truth.)

Last edited:

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:15-17

He teaches that people who speak in tongues, cast out devils are operating by the devil.

JLB
We live in the age/epoch where Christians kill each other by the tens
of millions in wars. Some examples: the American Revolutionary War
was fought between Christian England and Christian America.

The American Civil War was fought between the Christian North and
the Christian South.

World War 1 was, for the most part, fought between Christian nations.

World War 2 was (except for Japan) fought between Christian nations.

So in all that up there we had Christians killing Christians and by the tens of
millions too.

So?

So it would be nice if Christendom had more tolerance for the various doctrinal
disagreements among Christians when there are good reasons to believe that there
is no major doctrinal heresay involved.

Nobody believes that John MacArthur is a heretic on any major Christian doctrine
because everybody knows he is not.

Yet reality tells me that tolerance is NOT going to happen. Why not? Because humans,
and especially we John 3:3 regenerated Christians, are a warrior species. Humans are
aggressive and adversarial and combative - and THAT is a fact.

Best

JAG

[]

the Christian South.

millions too.

So?

disagreements among Christians when there are good reasons to believe that there

Nobody believes that John MacArthur is a heretic on any major Christian doctrine

Yet reality tells me that tolerance is NOT going to happen. Why not? Because humans,
and especially we John 3:3 regenerated Christians, are a warrior species. Humans are

Best

JAG

[]
World wars were not fought because of a lack of tolerance, religious or otherwise.

JLB
I didn't know about this.
How is the devil cast out by the devil?!
Oh my.

the Christian South.

millions too.

So?

Best

JAG

[]
Where you been jag?
Welcome.

You mean all the wars you mentioned were due to differences in doctrine???

I didn't know about this.
How is the devil cast out by the devil?!
Oh my.

The answer is the devil is cast out by the Holy Spirit.

John M believes and teaches that those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit and speak with tongues are operating by the devil.

IOW he believes and teaches others, that the spirit by which Christians who speak in tongues, and cast out devils, and lay hands on the sick for healing, is the devil.

Therefore, like the Pharisee’s in Jesus day, he is calling the Holy Spirit, the devil.

JLB

World wars were not fought because of a lack of tolerance, religious or otherwise.
How do you know that? I don't think you can produce empirical
evidence demonstrating your claim.

But more importantly I never stated the motivation for the
American Revolutionary War, the American Civil War, World War 1
and World War 2 -- all I said was that those wars were fought
mostly between Christian nations so in those wars we had Christian
soldiers killing other Christian soldiers -- and in the tens of millions too.

That was all I said and that point is not arguable.

What is the point of arguing against a point that I did not make?

Best

JAG

[]

Where you been jag?
Welcome.

You mean all the wars you mentioned were due to differences in doctrine???
I have been taking a break from the worldwide web but I'm
getting back in the writing mood. And thanks for the welcome.

Regarding your question: See my post to Dorothy Mae just above.

Best

JAG

[]

How do you know that? I don't think you can produce empirical
evidence demonstrating your claim.
Are you joking? WWII was fought because Germany marched into various neighboring countries. Do you really need me to provide evidence of this? Really??
But more importantly I never stated the motivation for the
American Revolutionary War, the American Civil War, World War 1
and World War 2 -- all I said was that those wars were fought
mostly between Christian nations so in those wars we had Christian
soldiers killing other Christian soldiers -- and in the tens of millions too.
So? Why is that important?
That was all I said and that point is not arguable.
It’s immaterial.
What is the point of arguing against a point that I did not make?
What was your point so I can argue against the right one?

You 2

Here are some Christians speaking in tongues and participating
in other worship activities. It's a very short video -- 5:33 minutes --
so everybody can view it and tell me if you think the Holy Spirit
is the power behind what you see in the video?

Best

JAG

[]

PS
The video is misnamed. There is nothing funny about
this video.

``

Are you joking? WWII was fought because Germany marched into various neighboring countries. Do you really need me to provide evidence of this? Really??

So? Why is that important?

It’s immaterial.

What was your point so I can argue against the right one?

You 2
I seem to recall reaching the conclusion from our previous
"discussions" that you and I live in totally different worlds.
Thank you for your comments.

Best

JAG

[]

I seem to recall reaching the conclusion from our previous
"discussions" that you and I live in totally different worlds.
Thank you for your comments.

Best

JAG

[]
I guess being shown why WWII happened was too much. Not denying the truth of my argument so best retreat rather than admit this. Ok, well at least others know why WWII happened from my presentation.

You know, you could make it more modern. Christians insisted christian’s take those covid injections from which now otherwise unexplained deaths are occurring in alarming numbers. Those are christians injecting christians!!!

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back