Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Judas Was Lost. Scripture Fulfilled. Judas Will Be Saved. Scripture Fulfilled.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
John 17:12

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Some may think "Judas was lost, how can he be saved". Now, replace the name of Judas with any other human you know of "Harold was lost, how can he be saved." "John was lost, how can he be saved". How can anyone be saved, if we're all lost? It's because Christ's the one who does the saving! For us humans, saving even the evilest sinners may seem impossible, but for God, anything's possible.

Indeed, Judas was lost. Guess who else was lost. Me, Harold Samson. Oh, and you too, the reader of this, I say with kindness. Essentially, at one point or another every human was lost, because we all have sin. Just like how people have believed in Christ to be saved from that state of being lost.

Scripture was fulfilled by Judas being lost. And again, scripture will be fulfilled when all people, including Judas, are saved.

Luke 15:3-7
So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? (ESV)

John 17:12

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Some may think "Judas was lost, how can he be saved". Now, replace the name of Judas with any other human you know of "Harold was lost, how can he be saved." "John was lost, how can he be saved". How can anyone be saved, if we're all lost? It's because Christ's the one who does the saving! For us humans, saving even the evilest sinners may seem impossible, but for God, anything's possible.

Indeed, Judas was lost. Guess who else was lost. Me, Harold Samson. Oh, and you too, the reader of this, I say with kindness. Essentially, at one point or another every human was lost, because we all have sin. Just like how people have believed in Christ to be saved from that state of being lost.

Scripture was fulfilled by Judas being lost. And again, scripture will be fulfilled when all people, including Judas, are saved.

Luke 15:3-7
So he told them this parable: “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? (ESV)
Too bad Judas killed himself instead of letting Jesus "find him".
He is no longer in the book of life.

Too bad Judas killed himself instead of letting Jesus "find him".
He is no longer in the book of life.
Hi Hopeful 2 my friend. If you're interested, another friend of mine, WhiteWings, wrote about the specific way Judas killed himself here:

Falling into a sword was a way of committing suicide, involved ‘hanging, falling headlong and bowels gushing out.
→ Only valid interpretation.
In the era when warriors carried swords and shields, a soldier who was guilty of cowardice or another serious breach of military procedure was expected to do the “honorable thing” by taking his own life. He needed no assistance: he placed his sword's hilt on the ground and, resting the sharpened tip against his bare midsection, fell forward.

So the way Judas commited suicide was something that many other soldiers did. So, are those soldiers also not in the book of life?

The way I see it, just because someone kills themselves does not mean that they are not in the book of life. What can physical death do against the God of life, who created the physical Earth we live in and our physical bodies too? I'm hopeful that God will give all people permanent life.

Speaking of my friend, WhiteWings, here's an interesting comment they mentioned:

Jesus knew what Judas would do. Still Jesus prophesied Judas would judge the tribes.
So which options does that give us:
a] Judas judges tribes while being in hell. - Extremly unlikely.
b] Judas doesn't judge. - Jesus made a false prophesy.
c] Judas is in heaven.

So I see it as option c), Judas is in the Book of Life. Christ's blessings to you my friend, all people will have their names written in the book of life :biggrin

Hi Hopeful 2 my friend. If you're interested, another friend of mine, WhiteWings, wrote about the specific way Judas killed himself here:

Falling into a sword was a way of committing suicide, involved ‘hanging, falling headlong and bowels gushing out.
→ Only valid interpretation.
In the era when warriors carried swords and shields, a soldier who was guilty of cowardice or another serious breach of military procedure was expected to do the “honorable thing” by taking his own life. He needed no assistance: he placed his sword's hilt on the ground and, resting the sharpened tip against his bare midsection, fell forward.

So the way Judas commited suicide was something that many other soldiers did. So, are those soldiers also not in the book of life?
Of course not, as only God has the right to give or take life.
Suicide usurps the rights of God.
The way I see it, just because someone kills themselves does not mean that they are not in the book of life. What can physical death do against the God of life, who created the physical Earth we live in and our physical bodies too? I'm hopeful that God will give all people permanent life.
Those who take their own lives have no faith in God.
Why didn't they just keep praying for deliverance from whatever caused them to usurp the power of God?
Paul did write..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
The suicidal aren't looking for the escape from the temptation to kill themselves.
Speaking of my friend, WhiteWings, here's an interesting comment they mentioned:

Jesus knew what Judas would do. Still Jesus prophesied Judas would judge the tribes.
So which options does that give us:
a] Judas judges tribes while being in hell. - Extremly unlikely.
b] Judas doesn't judge. - Jesus made a false prophesy.
c] Judas is in heaven.
So I see it as option c), Judas is in the Book of Life. Christ's blessings to you my friend, all people will have their names written in the book of life :biggrin
Judas' bishopric was taken by Matthias.
Judas is out of the picture.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back