Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Justification and the Lord's Prayer...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
aLoneVoice said:
Did not Paul say that he was the chief among sinners? Are you suggesting that Paul was not 'saved'?

He said he WAS chief of sinners, no doubt an hyperbole, because he ALSO said he was perfect in performance of the law to the Corinthians... He didn't say he STILL WAS a sinner, though. Again, you are forgetting that people can return to the vomit of their former lives. Paul didn't, so he remained saved, if I can use your terminology.

aLoneVoice said:
There is no such thing as 'free will'. While we might have a 'will' it is by no means 'free' - rather it is limited by physical, mental, and spiritual means. Have you been able to fly? Even if you have 'willed' it. The only reason you want to be united with Christ is because of the Holy Spirit convicting you.

No such thing as free will... I will be nice and not make fun of that, presuming that you mean something entirely different than I mean by that. I have the free will to do what I am capable of doing. Thus, it is pretty ridiculous to discount free will because I cannot fly unassisted by a man-made device... I have free will to do what God gives me the power to do. I have the power to sin or not sin. I have the free will to decide which action to take. Your definition of free will is beyond common sense.

As to desiring to be united with Christ, yes, the Spirit enables me to CHOOSE to do that.

Regards

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back