Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Knowing God Through The Psalms

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

AndyBern

The path to greater faith is to know God better, for how can you trust someone you don’t know, and how can you trust someone more if you don’t know him more?

For the last 9 years I've kept a journal of my Bible readings. I keep track of each date, passage, and thing I've discovered. My primary focus is to know God better, so when I find something in my reading that directly or indirectly describes who God is, what He does, why He does it, to whom He does it, and so on, I write it down so I can remember for the benefit of my relationship with Him.

Psalm 18 is one of those psalms that contains much of who God is and what He does. It begins with David saying, “I love You”, and then continues with his reasons why. Here’s what the first verse tells me about my God…

• He is to be served. David, the king of Israel willingly served God. But Yahweh is a kind and loving master who does more for us than we can do for Him, as the rest of the psalm shows. He is worthy to be served…
  • God saves us from our enemies. This is not to say that we will not be persecuted, but that we can trust that He will bring us through those trials. David was persecuted by Saul, but God delivered him. God delivers us from Satan, our enemy.
  • God is our strength. He doesn't just give us strength – He is our strength. Rather than taking matters into his own hands, David relied on God for deliverance. He proved God through trust, and God came through. Ultimately, this is also the experience of those who also trust in God.
What else does this psalm tell you about God?

Faith starts where the will of God is known. You don't know someone's will, if you don't know them.Someone having cancer for example, praying if it be your will Lord, Please Heal them is a prayer of someone that does not know him. They have no idea if God cares, If He is listening, what He thinks about sickness, No clue.

The sad and Ironic thing is, once the person dies of the cancer, they say, it was not God's will, for whatever mysterious reason, to heal them.

So now they Suddenly claim to know God's Will which they did not know before, by looking at the effects of the cancer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back