Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Let's talk about homosexuality (again!)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No, a Creator-creature dynamic. There cannot be parity between the two.
There doesn't have to be parity. But there must be respect for our freedom to choose.

Says who? Making choices without negative consequence is not how anyone I know of thinks of free will.
Right. But negative consequences that are a result of bad choices, like purposely running into a cop car, are understandable and they don't result in eternal torture. The crime, if you can even call it that, of rejecting Christianity or God, is so wildly over-the-top, that I don't even understand how Christians would desire to worship such a being. Outside of maybe fear and wanting to avoid this eternal punishment themselves.

But is it really love if it's compulsory? If a husband tells his wife that she must obey him or be physically punished, and that she also must love him with all her heart, is that really a loving relationship? I think not.

Yes, and? We face choices of this sort nearly every day: If I run the red light, I will be in a car accident; if I respect the red light signal and wait, I won't.
The difference is, if you decide to run the red light, no one is forcing you to do it, number one. Number two, the consequences in doing so, should you survive, don't involve the authorities torturing you for eternity.

These choices that God is offering humanity, are choices that are being made under duress. It's coercion. No one wants to be tortured forever. So even if they don't actually believe in the resurrection or whatever, they go along with it, in the hope that they'll somehow avoid the never ending punishment.

It's not a choice to reject Christianity but to reject God. Such a choice carries consequences, as all choices do. But given who God is, the consequences are correspondingly serious.
I addressed this above. It's no different than the abusive husband that hurts his wife, blames her for it, and then demands that she love him. It's the textbook definition of an abusive relationship.

They are greatly helped by secular culture in adopting the silly version of hell Dante (and others) have imagined. The Bible, though, describes a very desolate, lonely and unrelieved ruin, not dancing demons with pitchforks.
And how did the authors of the bible know this? Did they go to hell and see it for themselves before writing it down?

And you believe this because you don't really have a biblical conception of God. The real God, the God revealed in Scripture, will stop the mouth of every one who stands before Him. There will be no flip retorts at the Final Judgment, only gaping horror, or joyous delight. You're deciding right now which reaction you'll be having at that time.
Thankfully there's no evidence for any of these claims.

Well, of course, you'd feel this way. You're a sinner who loves his sin, who lives among other sinners who love their sin, and who lives in a nation that is mad with the pursuit of sin. How else would you feel about your Creator telling you that the sin you love is so awful, so wicked, that the just response to it is eternal hell?
No. I neither love it nor hate it, because I don't believe sin exists.

It is not the Christian life you're rejecting, but the One who made you and instituted that life. And it doesn't matter that you think his objection to your sin is silly; He's God and in His universe what He says, goes. This isn't God being anything but who and what He is: Lord God Almighty, Creator and Sustainer of All Things.
This is God being a cosmic dictator.

There doesn't have to be parity. But there must be respect for our freedom to choose.

But there is. You can choose however you like; for, or against, God, you have the freedom to choose either option.

Right. But negative consequences that are a result of bad choices, like purposely running into a cop car, are understandable and they don't result in eternal torture. The crime, if you can even call it that, of rejecting Christianity or God, is so wildly over-the-top, that I don't even understand how Christians would desire to worship such a being.

Well, God doesn't see it your way, obviously. And it's His way that matters in His universe. He thinks your defiance of Him and your rejection of His mercy, grace and love extended to you in the sacrifice of His Son is deeply wretched, so much so that it's worthy of eternal separation from Him in hell.

Outside of maybe fear and wanting to avoid this eternal punishment themselves.

No, in becoming one of God's children, I have found purpose, meaning and joy, not onerous repression and bitter sacrifice. In fact, there is freedom - freedom to be what God always intended I should be. Apart from Him, each human creature God has made is like a hammer used to sew clothing, or a saxophone used to paddle a canoe. They aren't fit-for-purpose but acting contrary to their design and getting very poor results as a consequence. When, though, we come under our Creator's will and way, living according to the purpose for which He made us, we find fulfillment and liberty. This has been my experience.

But is it really love if it's compulsory?

It's not compulsory - as the billions of non-Christians in the world demonstrate. If a person wants to live their own way, God gives them the freedom to do so. But just as He has instituted the law of gravity, and entropy, and the laws governing motion, and so on, He has instituted the law of sin and death. If you contravene the law of gravity and leap from a high cliff without a safe means of descent, you'll pancake fatally on the ground below. If you drive your car at a high rate of speed into a massive, concrete bridge pier, you'll probably kill yourself. If you start a campfire on the living room floor of your house, you'll likely burn your house down. And so on. How is God unjust, how is He cruel, to have so ordained things such that you must choose either to not leap from the cliff and stay alive, or jump off of it and die? Who thinks God has been unfair in establishing the laws of motion such that driving your car at sixty miles an hour into a bridge pier will result in your injury or death? Objecting to such either-or states-of-affairs is to object to one of the most common conditions of life.

If a husband tells his wife that she must obey him or be physically punished, and that she also must love him with all her heart, is that really a loving relationship? I think not.

We will always come to faulty conclusions about God and our relationship to Him by extrapolating from our frame of reference to His. God isn't another human being; He certainly isn't our spouse. God occupies a singular place among all that is, He is in a category all by Himself and this means He possesses unique prerogatives, like establishing the physical nature of the universe He's made, determining what stars will go supernova and when, appointing the size and position of every Black Hole, dictating to us what is right and wrong morally, deciding the length of our lives, setting before us all the either-or choices that we must navigate every day, and so on.

Anyway, God doesn't just demand our love in a vacuum of reason for our love. He has loved us before we ever thought to love Him, sending His only Son to die on our behalf, providing rescue from the consequences of our sinful rebellion. It is in this context of love, mercy, and grace and in view of God's unique divine prerogatives that He commands our obedience. He is, then, nothing like a husband just arbitrarily demanding obedience and love from his wife with threats of punishment.

The difference is, if you decide to run the red light, no one is forcing you to do it, number one.

God doesn't force our obedience to His commands any more than He forces us to obey the stop light. In both cases, though, there are negative consequences for disobedience. This is just in the nature of human existence, however, not some unusual and cruel coercive setup by God.

Number two, the consequences in doing so, should you survive, don't involve the authorities torturing you for eternity.

Only God has the right to exact such punishment from us. He is the infinite Creator, possessing the unique right to set laws and punishments in the universe He has made and sustains moment-by-moment.

These choices that God is offering humanity, are choices that are being made under duress.

Well, if by "duress" you mean "carrying consequences," then, yes. But all our choices do. Even for God, His choices produce unavoidable consequences. But God does not force anyone to accept His will and way, though we are all in His universe, created and sustained by Him at every moment. No, we can go our own way, but, like any course we choose, there are corresponding consequences.

No one wants to be tortured forever. So even if they don't actually believe in the resurrection or whatever, they go along with it, in the hope that they'll somehow avoid the never ending punishment.

No one is tortured forever in hell. They are tormented, but this is not the same thing as being tortured. One can be tormented though entirely alone, the content of one's own thoughts driving one to despair, and delusion, and darkness. When I consider what the Bible actually says about hell, this is the primary torment of it.

God has every right to exact whatever punishment He deems appropriate from all those whom He has made and who depend entirely upon Him at every moment for their existence but who have raised their fist in defiance of Him, despising His law and declaring themselves their own god. There's only one God and He's it. We're in His universe. And He knows best.

When we pretend to equality to God, when we presume to judge Him and set ourselves over Him, when we ignore Him and His law and do as we please, we display incredible arrogance and self-importance and a profoundly shrunken and false view of God. We also set ourselves on a collision course with our Maker. No one wins this contest of wills against God. He's God, after all. We submit to the purposes for which He made us and live, or we follow our own will and way and die. God does not apologize for this choice He sets before us. Again, He can - and will - do as He pleases in the universe He made and sustains.

I addressed this above. It's no different than the abusive husband that hurts his wife, blames her for it, and then demands that she love him. It's the textbook definition of an abusive relationship.

Nope. See above.

And how did the authors of the bible know this? Did they go to hell and see it for themselves before writing it down?

Did Dante? I trust the Bible that bears the stamp of the divine upon it before and above the fanciful writings of Dante.

Thankfully there's no evidence for any of these claims.

Well, you can tell yourself this sort of silliness. But doing so doesn't make it true.

www.reasonablefaith.org
www.crossexamined.org
www.johnlennox.org
www.coldcasechristianity.com
www.str.org

No. I neither love it nor hate it, because I don't believe sin exists.

No, you love sin. It's evident in everything you write. But, apart from God, you cannot be any other way.

This is God being a cosmic dictator.

And this is a silly, atheistic Strawman of the God revealed in the Bible.

Could this be an act of God? Or is it more about me turning away from sin and having my priorities in life be more God-orientated? Perhaps it is both! I think it is interesting to theorize.
Yes, it is both. 😊
Thank you for stepping out and sharing your experience. It will help so many people!

I had a similar struggle in my early Christian walk, as I came to Christ at age 13 from an extremely abusive situation that involved SRA (satanic ritual abuse) and MK Ultra. Everything was confused. I had let some walls down, and my body interpreted all physical closeness as sexual and I felt betrayed by my body. I knew, even as a young baby Christian, to speak affirmations to myself that were truth-based. And those physical responses diminished over a period of a year or so. (But for me, there was no actual same-sex attraction. At least I didn't interpret it that way.) I yearned for motherly love and when I allowed women in the church to hug me, my body didn't know how to interpret that closeness. Much like body memories, my body was doing what it always did ....since nearly all physical closeness in the past was sexual.

In a bit, I would like to share the testimony of a female doctor who has gone through this same process you're walking through, if that's okay.

Last edited:
There are two common responses here, and the first is usually what you will get:

"Don't go by your feelings. You have to believe by faith that you are the righteousness of God in Him."

This sounds pious at first glance, but it's actually a highly unBiblical thing to teach, and only salves over the wound rather than actually healing it. What you need to do is found in 2nd Peter 1, where he stated the following:

5 And also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, and to virtue knowledge, 6 and to knowledge self-control, and to self-control perseverance, and to perseverance godliness, 7 and to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the recognition of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This passage deals with the very problem you are facing: Feeling as though you have NOT become righteous before God. And the answer here is not "ignore your feelings," the answer is work righteous conduct into your life so that they CHANGE your feelings, and you walk in confidence before God, knowing that your conversion at baptism wasn't a sham but that real changes have taken place in your life because of accepting Christ. This is what "making your calling and election sure" is all about; becoming fruitful in the things of God, and spiritually productive, so that your faith isn't a lie you are trying to cover for but a reality you are reinforcing on a daily basis.

Yes, it is both. 😊
Thank you for stepping out and sharing your experience. It will help so many people!

I had a similar struggle in my early Christian walk, as I came to Christ at age 13 from an extremely abusive situation that involved SRA (satanic ritual abuse) and MK Ultra. Everything was confused. I had let some walls down, and my body interpreted all physical closeness as sexual and I felt betrayed by my body. I knew, even as a young baby Christian, to speak affirmations to myself that were truth-based. And those physical responses diminished over a period of a year or so. (But for me, there was no actual same-sex attraction. At least I didn't interpret it that way.) I yearned for motherly love and when I allowed women in the church to hug me, my body didn't know how to interpret that closeness. Much like body memories, my body was doing what it always did ....since nearly all physical closeness in the past was sexual.

In a bit, I would like to share the testimony of a female doctor who has gone through this same process you're walking through, if that's okay.
Hi…

Not trying to pry too too much but could you maybe explain the mk ultra aspect just a little bit? I’m trying to put my own past into perspective and…

Yeah..,

No, in becoming one of God's children, I have found purpose, meaning and joy, not onerous repression and bitter sacrifice. In fact, there is freedom - freedom to be what God always intended I should be. Apart from Him, each human creature God has made is like a hammer used to sew clothing, or a saxophone used to paddle a canoe. They aren't fit-for-purpose but acting contrary to their design and getting very poor results as a consequence. When, though, we come under our Creator's will and way, living according to the purpose for which He made us, we find fulfillment and liberty. This has been my experience.
Fair enough.

It's not compulsory - as the billions of non-Christians in the world demonstrate.
It's compulsory in the sense that you must convert to Christianity and love God. If you don't do this, you will be eternally punished. How is that not compulsory?

We will always come to faulty conclusions about God and our relationship to Him by extrapolating from our frame of reference to His. God isn't another human being; He certainly isn't our spouse.
That's fair, I suppose. But what other frame of reference can we use?

Anyway, God doesn't just demand our love in a vacuum of reason for our love.
But that's my point. You don't demand someone love you, expect them to love you, and then threaten them if they don't. That's the textbook definition of coercion.

God doesn't force our obedience to His commands any more than He forces us to obey the stop light. In both cases, though, there are negative consequences for disobedience. This is just in the nature of human existence, however, not some unusual and cruel coercive setup by God.
How can you say that? God is the one who set it all up. It doesn't even have to be this way. There doesn't need to be demands of love and threats. There doesn't need to be a hell.

Well, if by "duress" you mean "carrying consequences," then, yes.
Do you realize that the vast majority, billions of people, will end up in hell if what you say is true? And this was all known in advance to God. That's some plan.

Did Dante? I trust the Bible that bears the stamp of the divine upon it before and above the fanciful writings of Dante.
No. I didn't ask if you trust it. I asked how the authors of the bible became aware of these things about hell.

No, you love sin. It's evident in everything you write. But, apart from God, you cannot be any other way.
How can you love something that you don't think is real?

Last edited:
It's compulsory in the sense that you must convert to Christianity and love God. If you don't do this, you will be eternally punished. How is that not compulsory?

It's not compulsory which option you choose. You can't control the consequences of your choice, or that there are only two options, which is what you seem to really be objecting to.

In fact, you've settled on a third option: Tell yourself there is no God and do as you please. It's...strange, though, that having decided to embrace this illusory third option, you feel you must fuss about the other two.

That's fair, I suppose. But what other frame of reference can we use?

There is no other one available to us - except the limited revelation of God's perspective that He gives to us in His word, the Bible. But even there, a lot of anthropomorphism necessarily occurs. In any case, though we can't extrapolate from our context to God's very well, we can certainly be aware of this fact and not make hard-and-fast parallels between ourselves and our Maker - especially ones that entirely ignore His unique divine prerogatives.

But that's my point. You don't demand someone love you, expect them to love you, and then threaten them if they don't. That's the textbook definition of coercion.

Between human beings, between equals, such a demand would be both bizarre and illegitimate. But God comes to us in perfection and divine supremacy, having loved us when we were His enemies, making the ultimate sacrifice for our sakes and from this place commands our love. But if we won't give it, if we decide to love ourselves more than Him, He will allow it - for a lifetime, even. But when the self-loving, self-worshiping person stands finally before their Maker for judgment, they will get in eternity what they chose, day upon day, year after year, during their earthly life: Themselves, only and forever. This is not coercion; this is justice.

How can you say that? God is the one who set it all up. It doesn't even have to be this way. There doesn't need to be demands of love and threats. There doesn't need to be a hell.

God says there does need to be consequences for our choices concerning Him. And since it's His universe, that He made and sustains at every moment, He gets to "call the shots," to say what goes in it. Yes, He could have made a different universe with different laws. But He didn't; He made the one we're in. And in this universe, God says our sin, which is always ultimately against Him, and our refusal to bend the knee to His divine authority, will produce the consequence of eternal separation from Him in hell.

Do you realize that the vast majority, billions of people, will end up in hell if what you say is true? And this was all known in advance to God. That's some plan.

Yes, I know very well what Man's rebellion toward God will mean for most of mankind.

But, God, being a good, loving and merciful God, a God who knows all, I believe has made the one world out of all possible worlds in which people are able to freely choose Him that maximizes the number of those who are saved. If it were possible to create a world in which all people would freely choose Him, God, being good, would have created that world. Instead, we live in this one where the majority of people refuse to submit to Him as their Maker, Savior and Lord. But some are saved - the most, in fact, that could be saved in any possible world in which people are free to choose to know and love God. And so, I think the world in which we live shows God's foresight, love and goodness, not His failure or cruelty.

No. I didn't ask if you trust it. I asked how the authors of the bible became aware of these things about hell.

By the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

How can you love something that you don't think is real?

Obviously, you can't do so in a vacuum of reason to believe. But God is not an elf, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for the existence of which there isn't any evidence whatever. There are cosmological and teleological arguments for God's existence, the argument from Morality and from the Resurrection of Christ, and many other such evidences deduced from the realm of nature, from history and from eyewitness accounts that establish His existence and that He came to earth and lived among us, dying sacrificially for us on a cross but rising again from the dead three days later. The only way you become confident in a knowledge of God and thus to come to love Him, is to avail yourself of the available evidence for His existence, study it sincerely, consider it honestly, and wait on God in faith to show Himself to you.

www.reasonablefaith.org
www.crossexamined.org
www.johnlennox.org
www.coldcasechristianity.com
www.str.org

It's not compulsory which option you choose. You can't control the consequences of your choice, or that there are only two options, which is what you seem to really be objecting to.

In fact, you've settled on a third option: Tell yourself there is no God and do as you please. It's...strange, though, that having decided to embrace this illusory third option, you feel you must fuss about the other two.
Because I think the way it is setup is deeply immoral. Suppose people did want to "be their own god" in a sense. So what? Why should they suffer for it?

There is no other one available to us - except the limited revelation of God's perspective that He gives to us in His word, the Bible. But even there, a lot of anthropomorphism necessarily occurs. In any case, though we can't extrapolate from our context to God's very well, we can certainly be aware of this fact and not make hard-and-fast parallels between ourselves and our Maker - especially ones that entirely ignore His unique divine prerogatives.
It just comes across as a bit of a cop out. Sort of like the "his ways are higher line". Sure, it's possible. But how is that helpful to us now?

Between human beings, between equals, such a demand would be both bizarre and illegitimate. But God comes to us in perfection and divine supremacy, having loved us when we were His enemies, making the ultimate sacrifice for our sakes and from this place commands our love. But if we won't give it, if we decide to love ourselves more than Him, He will allow it - for a lifetime, even. But when the self-loving, self-worshiping person stands finally before their Maker for judgment, they will get in eternity what they chose, day upon day, year after year, during their earthly life: Themselves, only and forever. This is not coercion; this is justice.
For justice to be served, first a crime must have been committed. What is my crime? The failure to bring myself to believe in mythological stories? I'll let you in on a secret: most people that don't believe aren't rejecting God. They can't force themselves to believe in something they don't believe. They can't live with the cognitive dissonance. They eventually give up on the idea of faith altogether.

God says there does need to be consequences for our choices concerning Him. And since it's His universe, that He made and sustains at every moment, He gets to "call the shots," to say what goes in it. Yes, He could have made a different universe with different laws. But He didn't; He made the one we're in. And in this universe, God says our sin, which is always ultimately against Him, and our refusal to bend the knee to His divine authority, will produce the consequence of eternal separation from Him in hell.
In other words, might makes right. You've just described a celestial dictatorship. If you're okay with, fine. But I'm not. I would rather there be nothing after death than awake to doings myself trapped in that never-ending nightmare of an existence.

By the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
How does that work exactly? Were these men "possessed" by a spirit and forced to write these things down? The details are important because anyone can claim divine revelation.

Because I think the way it is setup is deeply immoral.

According to what standard? Your own? What standard except for God's own is sufficiently authoritative to warrant application to God?

Suppose people did want to "be their own god" in a sense. So what? Why should they suffer for it?

Why shouldn't they in a universe made and sustained by an actual God that they deny in making themselves God? Why shouldn't such enormous hubris and rebellion toward the One, True God not deserve His judgment? Just because you don't like that it does? If so, why should God, or anyone, care what you do or don't like?

It just comes across as a bit of a cop out. Sort of like the "his ways are higher line".

But, by definition, God must be higher than us in His ways and thoughts. This isn't a "cop out" but the simple facts of the matter.

Sure, it's possible. But how is that helpful to us now?

In the Christian - which is to say, biblical - conception of God, He must be higher (infintely so, actually) in His ways and thoughts than us. I certainly don't want to worship and serve a God who is only just a little higher than I am, or not higher at all. Such a trivial God would be nonsensical, if He were also the Creator and Sustainer of All Things, as the Bible says He is.

For justice to be served, first a crime must have been committed. What is my crime? The failure to bring myself to believe in mythological stories?

This is a Strawman of what God says in His word, the Bible, your "crime" is. If you want to know why He thinks you're sin is worthy of eternal hell, don't look to your own cartoonish version of His reason for condemning your sin.

Here's some of what God has to say to the creatures He's made and whose existence He sustains at every moment when they live in prideful rebellion toward Him:

See Job 38-41.

Also:

Hebrews 10:26-31
26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Romans 9:19-21
19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?”
20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”
21 Has the potter no right over the clay...?

Romans 1:18-23
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Romans 2:4-11
4 ...do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed.
6 He will render to each one according to his works:
7 to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;
8 but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.
9 There will be tribulation and distress for every human being who does evil, the Jew first and also the Greek,
10 but glory and honor and peace for everyone who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek.
11 For God shows no partiality.

John 3:16-20
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

I'll let you in on a secret: most people that don't believe aren't rejecting God. They can't force themselves to believe in something they don't believe. They can't live with the cognitive dissonance. They eventually give up on the idea of faith altogether.

Uh huh. Do tell.

This is the lie atheists have worked up in order to make themselves comfortable with denying their Maker, who is evident in Creation, their own Moral Sense, the historical record of Christ, the God-Man, and the revelation of God in the Bible. But God is not obliged to make concessions of any sort to this facile and specious justification of denial of one's Creator and God - especially when He has made Himself evident in the ways that He has and offered to us fellowship with Himself through Jesus Christ.

In other words, might makes right. You've just described a celestial dictatorship.

No, this is just the atheist's Strawman of God's sovereignty. What I have described of God's divine prerogatives rests upon far more than just His awesome, unparalleled power. That you've resorted to this Strawman strongly suggests to me that you just don't want to consider any other version of the matter.

I would rather there be nothing after death than awake to doings myself trapped in that never-ending nightmare of an existence.

Yes, of course you would. Most determined sinners - especially those with a more...advanced knowledge of God - wish for the same end. What person eager to be their own god wants to spend eternity with the One who is really the Only and True God? As you say, it would be a nightmare to want desperately to be God while having to dwell in the presence of the only One who will ever be God, whose incredible, mind-blowing Being constantly demonstrates how impossible it is that a mere creature could ever come within a quadrillion miles of equaling their Creator and thus how silly the pride and selfishness that prompts a desire for equality with Him.

In states with laws targeting LGBTQ issues, school hate crimes quadrupled

School hate crimes targeting LGBTQ+ people have sharply risen in recent years, climbing fastest in states that have passed laws restricting LGBTQ student rights and education, a Washington Post analysis of FBI data finds.

In states with restrictive laws, the number of hate crimes on K-12 campuses has more than quadrupled since the onset of a divisive culture war that has often centered on the rights of LGBTQ+ youth.

At the same time, calls to LGBTQ+ youth crisis hotlines have exploded, with some advocates drawing a connection between the spike in bullying and hate crimes, and the political climate...

The Post analysis found that the number of anti-LGBTQ+ school hate crimes serious enough to be reported to local police more than doubled nationwide between 2015-2019 and 2021-2022. The rise is steeper in the 28 states that have passed laws curbing the rights of transgender students at school and restricting how teachers can talk about issues of gender and sexuality.

Advocacy groups have also seen a rising number of young people in distress.

Calls have spiked to the Trevor Project, which provides support to LGBTQ+ youth aimed at suicide prevention and crisis intervention. In the fiscal year ending in July 2022, the group fielded about 230,000 crisis contacts, including phone calls, texts and online chats. The following year, it was more than 500,000.

Similarly, the Rainbow Youth Project, a nonprofit that offers crisis response and counseling to at-risk LGBTQ+ youth, saw calls to its hotline rise from an average of about 1,000 per month in 2022 to just over 1,400 per month last year. The top reason cited by callers in 2023 was anti-LGBTQ+ “political rhetoric,” such as debate over laws and policies limiting rights at school.

Young people will say, “`My government hates me,’ ‘My school hates me,’ `They don’t want me to exist,'” said Lance Preston, the group’s founder and executive director. “That ... is absolutely unacceptable. That is shocking.”

In states with laws targeting LGBTQ issues, school hate crimes quadrupled

School hate crimes targeting LGBTQ+ people have sharply risen in recent years, climbing fastest in states that have passed laws restricting LGBTQ student rights and education, a Washington Post analysis of FBI data finds.

In states with restrictive laws, the number of hate crimes on K-12 campuses has more than quadrupled since the onset of a divisive culture war that has often centered on the rights of LGBTQ+ youth.

At the same time, calls to LGBTQ+ youth crisis hotlines have exploded, with some advocates drawing a connection between the spike in bullying and hate crimes, and the political climate...

The Post analysis found that the number of anti-LGBTQ+ school hate crimes serious enough to be reported to local police more than doubled nationwide between 2015-2019 and 2021-2022. The rise is steeper in the 28 states that have passed laws curbing the rights of transgender students at school and restricting how teachers can talk about issues of gender and sexuality.

Advocacy groups have also seen a rising number of young people in distress.

Calls have spiked to the Trevor Project, which provides support to LGBTQ+ youth aimed at suicide prevention and crisis intervention. In the fiscal year ending in July 2022, the group fielded about 230,000 crisis contacts, including phone calls, texts and online chats. The following year, it was more than 500,000.

Similarly, the Rainbow Youth Project, a nonprofit that offers crisis response and counseling to at-risk LGBTQ+ youth, saw calls to its hotline rise from an average of about 1,000 per month in 2022 to just over 1,400 per month last year. The top reason cited by callers in 2023 was anti-LGBTQ+ “political rhetoric,” such as debate over laws and policies limiting rights at school.

Young people will say, “`My government hates me,’ ‘My school hates me,’ `They don’t want me to exist,'” said Lance Preston, the group’s founder and executive director. “That ... is absolutely unacceptable. That is shocking.”
You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
Here is truth.

So pointing out that violence against LGBTQs is increasing is satanic. Huh.

One could take that as an indication that the folks who hold such beliefs are actually in favor of violence against LGBTQs.

So pointing out that violence against LGBTQs is increasing is satanic. Huh.

One could take that as an indication that the folks who hold such beliefs are actually in favor of violence against LGBTQs.
The only ones who are in favor of violence, debauchery and deceit are you and the so called LGBTQs. You are a scourge of the earth, a curse to the western civilization. True Christians are peacemakers who forgive and pray for their enemy.

The only ones who are in favor of violence, debauchery and deceit are you and the so called LGBTQs. You are a scourge of the earth, a curse to the western civilization. True Christians are peacemakers who forgive and pray for their enemy.
Nah, no hate speech there. :rolleyes

No wonder people are running, not walking, to church exit doors. It's only a very tiny number of people who want to be associated with such nastiness and hate.

True Christians are also those who love their enemies and respond with kindness and humility, and would not respond the way you have.

Back