Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking at/for The New Jerusalem

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

eddif

This is an interest area of mine.
1 Corinthians 10:11 kjv
11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

There was a great need for remembering the old Jerusalem, and what went on before (under the Law of Moses).

Most translations (even NKJ) use end of ages are come.

Revelation timelines:
There will be several differing opinions I am sure. The first parts of Revelation have happened, but about chapter 14 it appears it tends toward future.

We see through a glass darkly.
1 Corinthians 13:12 kjv
12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Are we blind? No.
Revelation 21:2 kjv
2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Coming down not totally arrived?

Acts 2:1 kjv
1. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3.And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Skip verses for now, but later we can look at where the righteous Jews came from and even later how the Ezekiel l dispersion prepared for the gentile inclusion.

14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
16. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18. And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19. And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

There is a time span in Joel’s prophecy ( we can examine later,

Now to a redneck this day sounds like a New Jerusalem starting. Not the old Jerusalem of the law of Moses, but a New Jerusalem starting to come down from Heaven.

Abraham would say yes to this Jerusalem.

Is it completed yet? No.
Had it started on the way?
Sounds like things are beginning to happen, where there are new things happening.

Now if we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, there should be symbols in us to allow
Romans 1:20 to help us see:

Revelation 22:1 kjv
1. And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, andyielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

At this point I will hopefully let the spirit of God lead. If I seek to do good evil lies lose at hand.
For it is God who is the good one. I am flesh.

Human anatomy (made in the image of God)
Cerebellum is like a tree planted on either side of a river of spinal fluid. This river starts from the clouds (cerebral cortex) where Jesus ascended to.
Flows past the tree on either side of this river.

Symbolism is tough to let God do. We want to be the source. God reveals. Hopefully we can manage to look into things hidden from the foundation of the world.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it completed yet? No.
Sounds like things are beginning to happen, where there are new things happening.

But yes, the inhabitants of the New Jerusalem will eventually be all those who have ever been saved, or at least many of them. So in a sense the city is already being built.
Now if we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, there should be symbols in us to allow

1. And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, andyielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

What were you asking in this paragraph?

Well you picked some interesting participants. Dorothy Mae will likely disagree with ForHisGlory, Hawkman, and myself and I'm not sure where Tim would stand. But yes, the inhabitants of the New Jerusalem will eventually be all those who have ever been saved, or at least many of them. So in a sense the city is already being built.

What were you asking in this paragraph?
Not so much a question.

You pretty much got the idea.

All except the symbolism of the human body.

eddif

A city is not the buildings, location, or external.

Abraham went tothe land of promise and he did not find a city whose builder was God.

Hebrews 11:8 kjv
8. By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker isGod.

Abraham on a faith level knew it was not the physical city he was looking for. Did he know what we know today? No.
A city is actually the people that make up the city. From the least to the greatest. Weak, strong, male, female, bond, free, Jew, gentile in the work God is doing. We all are a part. A part of the body of Christ God is working in.

God is no respecter of persons.

God looks on the inward man.

eddif

1 Corinthians 3:4 kjv
4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5.Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

The body of Christ;
One is a hand, one an eye, we are all part of the body. Yes we repent, believe in Jesus, receive the Holy Spirit, but we are also addressed as individuals.
If any man hear my voice and open the door…Revelation 3:20

eddif is a little strange I suppose. A lot strange might be more like it. Wikipedia has some interesting information.
The hidden man of the heart - natural pacemaker.
Moses serpent on a pole - right above loop of Henle.

New Jerusalem is the spiritual tied to the natural.

eddif

At this point I will hopefully let the spirit of God lead. If I seek to do good evil lies lose at hand.
Preface :
I’m interested in everything you stated in this little snippet of your post. I say I’m “interested” not because I wish to judge, condemn, or try to “catch you” (as the Pharisees are recorded to have perpetually done to Jesus throughout His ministry), but just out of a genuine curiosity.

Main Point (Things I Hope You’ll Be Willing To Clarify For Me So That I Can Better Understand):
What do you mean by hopefully letting the spirit of God lead? Would you please be willing to clarify this for me using only scripture?

With the utmost love,
Anna

We all are a part. A part of the body of Christ God is working in.

God is no respecter of persons.

God looks on the inward man.
We are not all a part of the body of Christ as you’ve stated in the first sentence. Also, the body of Christ is not still in the process of being worked in. The body of Christ; the individual members it is made up of, has already been determined and is now complete.
Also, God doesn’t look on the inward man; He doesn’t need to, as He already knows what is in man -
“But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.”

eddif I find your understanding to bring out some points that can be very Spiritual to be understood.

Revelation timelines:
There will be several differing opinions I am sure. The first parts of Revelation have happened, but about chapter 14 it appears it tends toward future.
You stated that the first parts of Revelation have already happened, but I can only see it as those things which have/are happening so far up to that of the fifth seal being opened, Rev 6:1-11. I read from the sixth seal to the seventh seal that will start the sounding of the seven trumpets to be sounded clear up to the time that the New Jerusalem will be ushered down by God after this present heaven and earth are yet future where we will dwell with the Lord for eternity, Rev 6:12 - Rev 21.

IMO, I see the New Jerusalem to be that of a newly restored heaven and earth like that of the beginning in the garden of Eden.
Now to a redneck this day sounds like a New Jerusalem starting. Not the old Jerusalem of the law of Moses, but a New Jerusalem starting to come down from Heaven.

Is it completed yet? No.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

We see within these scriptures that this present heaven and earth needs to pass away as all things will be made new again. I do not see it as literally being in one place like that of Jerusalem today, but symbolically described in Rev 21 and literal within its location being the whole renewed earth that all that are Christ own will dwell upon the new earth that will be prepared for God's people and can never be corrupted again.
Cerebellum is like a tree planted on either side of a river of spinal fluid. This river starts from the clouds (cerebral cortex) where Jesus ascended to.
I like the analogy

11. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

There was a great need for remembering the old Jerusalem, and what went on before (under the Law of Moses).

Revelation timelines:

12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Are we blind? No.
2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

1. And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3.And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Skip verses for now, but later we can look at where the righteous Jews came from and even later how the Ezekiel l dispersion prepared for the gentile inclusion.

14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
17. And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18. And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19. And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Is it completed yet? No.

Symbolism is tough to let God do. We want to be the source. God reveals. Hopefully we can manage to look into things hidden from the foundation of the world.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I guess my name was edited out, nevertheless I will answer. Dear eddif, I’m afraid I’m not very interested in the subject. There are just too many real concrete matters in my life that need my attention and for which I seek divine understanding. I have to deal
with what is best described in Bible terms as “evil doers.” What do I do to be pleasing in God’s eyes in the matter? This is more pressing than who is Jerusalem?

So I leave you to discuss this with interested parties.

We are not all a part of the body of Christ as you’ve stated in the first sentence. Also, the body of Christ is not still in the process of being worked in. The body of Christ; the individual members it is made up of, has already been determined and is now complete.
Also, God doesn’t look on the inward man; He doesn’t need to, as He already knows what is in man -
“But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people and needed no one to bear witness about man, for he himself knew what was in man.”
All those who are Christ own make up the body of Christ with He being the head of the body, Galatians 3:26-29; Ephesians 4:5-6; 5:22-23. It will only be Christ own who have inherited the kingdom of God through being Spiritually born again from above, John 3:5-7, that will not perish but have everlasting life as they enter into the New Jerusalem being prepared for them after Jesus returns on the last day, John 5:28-29.

Preface :
I’m interested in everything you stated in this little snippet of your post. I say I’m “interested” not because I wish to judge, condemn, or try to “catch you” (as the Pharisees are recorded to have perpetually done to Jesus throughout His ministry), but just out of a genuine curiosity.

Main Point (Things I Hope You’ll Be Willing To Clarify For Me So That I Can Better Understand):
What do you mean by hopefully letting the spirit of God lead? Would you please be willing to clarify this for me using only scripture?

With the utmost love,
Anna
Welcome to the thread. You survived and it seems some did not.

I am going to be very broad at first. If you still are not happy with my comments I will see what I can do.

The entire book of Romans 7.
You may consider I just ignored you. I hope not. The law of Moses is addressed, and the two places the law is put in us is addressed.
The law is placed in our heart. The heart is close to our flesh. Sin is revealed in
Romans 7.
The law is placed in our mind. Our faith, worship, grace all serve God.

There is a battle in us. This thread is actually about that battle in us. Without you here and posting, I might leave something out.
Feel free to ask about the river. I do not know it all.

Modern brain scans. Romans 1:20
Show thinking activity in the cerebellum.

Jesus was taken up to the clouds. The cerebral cortex looks like clouds. There is a river of information coming to us. Through scripture? Yes. The word became flesh. The flesh (2nd Adam became a quickening spirit.
Revelation 3:20

1 Corinthians 15:45 kjv
45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That spirit knocks at our door.

Will we open the door? Will we welcome him in?
Jesus is with the Father. Yet through the Spirit we get information.

This thread is about the New Jerusalem.

All this talk about sons and daughters is kingdom teaching

Jesus told the disciples to go to Jerusalem and wait to receive power.

Enough for now.

Pin me down if you must.

The main thing is your question and this thread. They are actually the same. I just am taking an approach that is probably foreign to you. New Jerusalem is not Old Jerusalem,

The seed is the word of God. The ground is men’s hearts.

eddif

Welcome to the thread. You survived and it seems some did not.

I am going to be very broad at first. If you still are not happy with my comments I will see what I can do.

The entire book of Romans 7.
You may consider I just ignored you. I hope not. The law of Moses is addressed, and the two places the law is put in us is addressed.
The law is placed in our heart. The heart is close to our flesh. Sin is revealed in
Romans 7.
The law is placed in our mind. Our faith, worship, grace all serve God.

There is a battle in us. This thread is actually about that battle in us. Without you here and posting, I might leave something out.
Feel free to ask about the river. I do not know it all.

Modern brain scans. Romans 1:20
Show thinking activity in the cerebellum.

Jesus was taken up to the clouds. The cerebral cortex looks like clouds. There is a river of information coming to us. Through scripture? Yes. The word became flesh. The flesh (2nd Adam became a quickening spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:45 kjv
45. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That spirit knocks at our door.

Will we open the door? Will we welcome him in?
Jesus is with the Father. Yet through the Spirit we get information.

This thread is about the New Jerusalem.

All this talk about sons and daughters is kingdom teaching

Jesus told the disciples to go to Jerusalem and wait to receive power.

Enough for now.

Pin me down if you must.

The main thing is your question and this thread. They are actually the same. I just am taking an approach that is probably foreign to you. New Jerusalem is not Old Jerusalem,

The seed is the word of God. The ground is men’s hearts.

eddif
I see. Thanks for being civil and clarifying your POV just as I had asked.

that all that are Christ own will dwell upon the new earth that will be prepared for God's people and can never be corrupted again.
Please pardon my ignorance on this matter. I may be physically beyond the age of my shoe size but I’m most definitely still a 6 year old at heart & in my understanding of all of this end times stuff.

Is it your understanding/interpretation that God’s people will dwell for all of eternity in bodily form? If so, do you think the bodily form of those who are in Christ will just be glorified forms of the same bodily form they have in the present or do you think it will be something entirely different (like maybe angelic beings who are just like balls of light or something).

Please pardon my ignorance on this matter. I may be physically beyond the age of my shoe size but I’m most definitely still a 6 year old at heart & in my understanding of all of this end times stuff.

Is it your understanding/interpretation that God’s people will dwell for all of eternity in bodily form? If so, do you think the bodily form of those who are in Christ will just be glorified forms of the same bodily form they have in the present or do you think it will be something entirely different (like maybe angelic beings who are just like balls of light or something).
We know that flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God, but that we will be changed before we enter the New Jerusalem, but yet none of us knows what we will look like other than to be like Christ in His glorified body.

1Cor 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Will you expound on this part. I’m not sure I understand
Hebrews 10:16 kjv
16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Which is basically Jeremiah 31:33

Ephesians 4:23 kjv
23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The old covenant Old Jerusalem was often about food and drink (physical)

The new Jerusalem Is about Spirit.

John the Baptist talked about repentance (sin)/(flesh)

Jesus talked about inner issues Matthew chapters 5,6,7

So
Sin/heart/OT (flesh Romans 7)

Spirit NT Jesus (mind of Christ).

The heart is seen more in OT like King David.
But
Born again by Spirit is New Covenant New Jerusalem.

Tradition says heart is Spirit.

eddif

Hebrews 10:16 kjv
16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Which is basically Jeremiah 31:33

Ephesians 4:23 kjv
23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

The old covenant Old Jerusalem was often about food and drink (physical)

The new Jerusalem Is about Spirit.

John the Baptist talked about repentance (sin)/(flesh)

Jesus talked about inner issues Matthew chapters 5,6,7

So
Sin/heart/OT (flesh Romans 7)

Spirit NT Jesus (mind of Christ).

The heart is seen more in OT like King David.
But
Born again by Spirit is New Covenant New Jerusalem.

Tradition says heart is Spirit.

eddif
I would also like to add Colossians 3:1-4 to what you have said here as we are a new Spiritual creation in Christ being risen with Him.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 is about the millennium. Jesus will establish His temple during the millennium. Many people will not be allowed into the temple. Because they worshipped antichrist in the flesh. Zechariah chapter 14 to document. During millennium. Those who refuse to give up their traditions of men, fake religion, will not be around for the eternity. Jesus will only accept true worship. On judgement day, the spirituality dead and wicked are judged by their Works. Those deemed unworthy go with satan into lake of fire. Revelation chapter 20 to document.

Ezekiel chapter 40 to 48 is about the millennium. Jesus will establish His temple during the millennium. Many people will not be allowed into the temple. Because they worshipped antichrist in the flesh. Zechariah chapter 14 to document. During millennium. Those who refuse to give up their traditions of men, fake religion, will not be around for the eternity. Jesus will only accept true worship. On judgement day, the spirituality dead and wicked are judged by their Works. Those deemed unworthy go with satan into lake of fire. Revelation chapter 20 to document.
Could you supply a drawing of all the measurements?

We are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Jew and gentile made into one new man. The new heart of flesh and mind of Christ.

Zechariah 14:9 kjv
9. And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Revelation timelines:

Are we blind? No.

Is it completed yet? No.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

The new Jerusalem is yet future. It parallels and is related to the coming of God's Kingdom Mat 6:10

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back