Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lukewarm believers and faith

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The whole forum is not good at hearing the word of faith, this is the word of faith that the APOSTLES PREACH, not these people...

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, WHICH WE PREACH;

Should we hear the FALSE APOSTLES..

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

I did NOT accuse, I disagreed Christ would prefer evil people over lukewarm people:
By His words of warning, He does when it comes to repentance for His sake.

Mark 2;17
When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

He does not come to call the lukewarm righteous to repentance, because they say they need not repent of all their sins and trespasses.

The accusation that the teaching about lukewarm works says Jesus wants people to be evil, is just to reject the teaching without showing any error in it...

Jesus commands the tree to be made all good, not just less bad. He actually prefers we be all evil than lukewarm, because He can't help half-baked people, that are only willing to repent of some works of the flesh, but not all.-RBDERRIC #3

Therefore, the "false interpretation" of Christ's words is yours. NOW I do accuse it of error. Obvious error.

Also, just saying 'na-ah' doesn't show any error.
Christ is impeccably righteous, the "Holy One" and therefore would NEVER prefer people be "all evil":
In order to repent of all evil, yes. Since He spits out any lukewarm repentance.

Jerem 3:10
And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

As Christ would NEVER wish people were evil in any degree,
True. But to repent, the Lord only calls cold sinners to repentance, not the lukewarm self-righteous.

"cold" and "hot" are not figurative for "good and evil",
Whether in doctrine or prophecy of God, making His plain words only figurative or symbolic, is the game of the disobedient making myth out of the Bible to justify themselves.

1 Tim 6:3
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

And God having foreseen all such games with His words, He has His them written without doubt to any honest reader. Afterall, any sensible child can read the words and see it's the works that are being judged.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

What we also see is the truth that the person is judged by the works.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

they characterize the liquid that produces particular benefits:
Which is true of judged works elsewhere:

Jas 3:11
Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Both liquid and fruit are used for God judging our works:

Matth 12:33
Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

We see also in the same place, that Jesus teaches God judges the person by our works.

Christ prefers people have good works, either those that refresh, or heal the soul.
True. He commands it, because our works fellowship with God in light and life, or separate our souls from Him in death.

Isa 59:2
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Ezek 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Ezek
{18:31} Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? {18:32} For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves,] and live ye.

Which is why God's commandment to all is to repent of all sins and trespasses for our soul's sake, that Jesus might forgive them all.

Heb 10:17
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 3 is how Jesus rejects any kind of lame conditional surrender, where sinful man offers his own lukewarm religion of only sinning less than before.

That includes any better homes and garden religion of better sinners than others. Jesus only walks in the light and pure religion of His wholly repented saints.

Jas 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

There is no such moral stance as "neither good nor evil".
Exactly. Man's moral relavance is not God's righteous judgment of works.

How then shall God judge works as good or evil, if they be neither good nor evil?

Lukewarm works are the good and bad works of lukewarm repenters.

Jerem
{3:8} And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also... {3:10} And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.

It's the religion that old serpent still promises to transgressors:

Gen
{3:5} For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

God commands us all to repent of all our evil deeds, not just the ones we no longer take pleasure in...All sinning is enmity with God, whether sinners enjoy it or not.

John
{8:29} And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

What you are saying is half believe,
Selective believing. Believing in needing to be saved by faith, but not by repentance.

which is to neither see Jesus Christ as risen nor dead, but to be in some kind of purgatory.
This is a fair description of the double hearted in Romans 7, who have not yet repented of all their sinning in order to enter into the blessedness of Romans 8.

Lets see again the true testimony of scripture, not you or anyone giving their own various scriptural ideas, but just as revealed.

The righteousness of God is revealed, ( the dying and rising again of Jesus Christ from the dead to believe and be saved. Romans 10:9-10.) and the just live by faith.
Repent, believe, and be saved...

Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

2 Cor 7:10
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

Also the wrath of God is revealed from heaven ( the judgement of the world because Christ came from heaven to earth) against all the ungodliness and unrighteousness of men lying against the truth. ( who are not the just, who do not live by faith/ the unbeliever.)
True. The lie of beleiving to be saved unto repentance.

The unbeliever is given over to a reprobate mind, they are not lukewarm, they are COLD, and not HOT,
Take the good advice of sticking to Scripture, and not our own ideas about it.

Jesus would that the lukewarm be cold, in order to wholly repent and be hot.

He would not that any be a reprobate, that cannot repent at all.

The context is about repenting God's way unto His salvation...

All the believers in salvation by their own faith alone, followed by their own lukewarm version of repentance, are not reprobates.

They simply need to believe Jesus' words from the heart, and forsake their false salvation unto partial repentance gospel.

They can then be like all the cold sinners, that Jesus comes to call unto repentance of all sins and trespasses.

Which is why God's commandment to all is to repent of all sins and trespasses for our soul's sake, that Jesus might forgive them all.

Heb 10:17
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Rev 3 is how Jesus

rejects any kind of lame conditional surrender, where sinful man offers his own lukewarm religion of only sinning less than before.

That includes any better homes and garden religion of better sinners than others. Jesus only walks in the light and pure religion of His wholly repented saints.

Jas 1:27
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Back