Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

LUST IS NOT LOVE!!!!!!!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
CAN YOU SAY ME IT
Matt 5:27
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Which "lust" are you talking about?
The english word usually just refers to sexual desire. That is something God made and is good.
The NT word lust is translated from the Greek Epithumeo and refers to any strong desire. It Is often translated as "covet" in Paul's letters, and IMO should be translated that way in Matt 5. To covet something is to want to take something that belongs to someone else. Not something similar but that exact thing. Matt 5 says to lust after a woman is to commit adultery in your heart, NOT fornication. To be adultery she has to be married to some one else. TO covet means you want her to be your wife or sex partner instead of his.

So what is it NOT saying? Looking at someone that you do not want to take away from their spouse is not coveting nor biblical lust. I know that is a bit of a radical viewpoint, but IMO the standard for biblical lust (adultery in the heart) is actually rather high.

Back