Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Masturbation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
L

lildrummerboy86

Okay, I've been struggling with masturbation for awhile now. I know that as a christian I need to control my lust. Does anybody have any advice for me?

yea, its a real problem these days, try reading Gods word a little about lust and such, itll help ya

I wish that I could say that masturbation was sinless.. But I can't do it. I believe that that... area of life is for 2 people... not one. I don't know, if it isn't wrong then how come we feel guilty after we do it?

I think if you feel guilty after doing it then you know it is wrong. The problem is when you used to feel guilty, then you stop feeling guilty. That can lead to problems ^_^.

Masturbation is fine as long as it's not excessive. Excessive being like 20 times a day or something. If it's only a few times a day it's fine, it causes no harm, does it?

You, my friend, just opened a great big can of worms. This isn't your site of origin. (I'm assuming you came over with Admiral Valdemar and the rest of the crew.) Even so, I don't think that'll fly here.

The question is can you do it without having lustful thoughts? If so it very well might keep you from doing the real thing. But the question is can you? If not then dont do it.

Lustful thoughts are an integral part of "going forth and multiplying" anyone who says different is an odd fellow indeed. God only condemns masturbation when Onan "spills his seed" on the ground instead of in the woman.

Not that the bible is a good source for morality anyway, but "lustful thoughths" are integral to human survival, hurt noone, not immoral.

Thats bad advice. Untrue. It's the lust or impure thoughts while (masturbating) that is wrong, it does'nt have anything to do with "multiplying" while one is masturbating.

4runner said:
Thats bad advice. Untrue. It's the lust or impure thoughts while (masturbating) that is wrong, it does'nt have anything to do with "multiplying" while one is masturbating.

The lustful thoughts are there to aid in multiplying. Masturbation is only wrong in god's eyes when you do that instead of make babies when you have the cahnce. Know different? Do tell.

Explain who it hurts and why it's immoral.

I didnt say masturbation in itself hurts anyone. I said if you are going to do it not to allow your mind to think impure thoughts. If you cant do that then dont masturbate. If you knew the word of God you would'nt have to ask why its wrong to think impure sexual thoughts. You are suppose to have sex only to make babies? Hehe, never heard that one. :lol:

4runner said:
I didnt say masturbation in itself hurts anyone. I said if you are going to do it not to allow your mind to think impure thoughts. If you cant do that then dont masturbate. If you knew the word of God you would'nt have to ask why its wrong to think impure sexual thoughts. You are suppose to have sex only to make babies? Hehe, never heard that one. :lol:

Why else would God outlaw homosexuality and masturbation?

4runner said:
Okay, we now have two groups of people, one group says it's a sin, the other group says you can do it, but you can't think impure thoughts, which one is right?

PS, I'd put my input in on the subject, but you wouldn't like what I had to say. :wink:

i think y'all are too worried about the small things. You're not going to go to Hell for masturbating or having "impure" thoughts... as long as you're saved you are absolved of sin. i.e. you're good to go. i'm not saying indulge... i'm saying don't worry about it. don't beat yourself up for beating yourself off... it's not worth missing the big picture cause you're focused on something that, in the scheme of things, is nothing at all.

*Slaps head against monitor*

That's gotta be the worst advice I've ever heard. "You're saved so you don't need to worry about messing up because it's not big deal." What??? Didn't Paul tell us to try to better ourselves and refrain from any sin or even the appearance of it?

BL

i can see how that could be misinterpreted. i'm not saying sin, sin, sin, we're gonna be alright. what i'm saying, instead of spending so much time trying to be perfect, spend time growing in your soul. help others in ways they may not be able to help themselves. theres more to God than trying to abide by all the "rules". the act of masturbation itself i don't think is "wrong"... it depends on what's going on in your head as you do it. don't start stressing because there are MUCH bigger things to tend to. does that make sense?

Masturbation is totally natural, and for males not to do it, it can be potentially dangerous. Masturbating at least once a week can rid the testicles of dead sperm, and seminal buildup is one of the leading causes of Prostate cancer. Now, why would God make humans like that? It says that we shouldn't masturbate, but if we don't we could die... Hmm, makes you think...

I too struggle with this topic. Just today I dedicated myself to S*xual purity. Hallellujah! PTL! :)

I belive it is a sin. I respesct every guy out there that is trying to stop! God Bless you and know that this deshion to stop not will mean more to your future wife than you could ever know! :Fade-color :B-fly:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back