Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Microsoft Tells Lies

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

I reinstalled Windows 8 last night and then forgot about the key. So when I got up today and turned it on it asked me for the key so I downloaded some software and found the key' but Microsoft does not recognize the key. So the guy from Microsoft told me that if I reinstall I have to purchase another key' and he even thought it was a pirate version. And I had to get with him on that because I purchased it last year when Microsoft was running that sale for 40 bucks and after tax it was 52 bucks. I can still use it like normal but it is not activated so in a few days when the update comes out I am stuck. I googled this crap and I see where others have had this happen to them' when the reinstalled. So I am going to go back and study this problem. The guy wanted me to purchase this all over again and I flat out refused. I paid for it' so if my system needed to be refreshed I should be able to do so without any problems. Now he asked for my download confirmation e-mail' but that thing is long gone. I told him that Microsoft should have a record of my purchase. So I might have to get somebody else on the phone. I allowed him to remotely take over the computer to see if he could do something. But Microsoft still would not except the key. I am going to stay on this. But it is my bone head fault' I should have checked this out first. The good thing is that I am dual booting Windows 7 & 8.
computer_bash.gif

It's like M$ is just trying to see how much crap they can dish out to their customers before it effects their bottom line.

Another reason I still have XP and have very little trouble with it. The recording computer where I am a sound engineer has Windows 8 and it does nothing useful for me that XP doesn't do and do easier.

I reinstalled Windows 8 last night and then forgot about the key. So when I got up today and turned it on it asked me for the key so I downloaded some software and found the key' but Microsoft does not recognize the key. So the guy from Microsoft told me that if I reinstall I have to purchase another key' and he even thought it was a pirate version. And I had to get with him on that because I purchased it last year when Microsoft was running that sale for 40 bucks and after tax it was 52 bucks. I can still use it like normal but it is not activated so in a few days when the update comes out I am stuck. I googled this crap and I see where others have had this happen to them' when the reinstalled. So I am going to go back and study this problem. The guy wanted me to purchase this all over again and I flat out refused. I paid for it' so if my system needed to be refreshed I should be able to do so without any problems. Now he asked for my download confirmation e-mail' but that thing is long gone. I told him that Microsoft should have a record of my purchase. So I might have to get somebody else on the phone. I allowed him to remotely take over the computer to see if he could do something. But Microsoft still would not except the key. I am going to stay on this. But it is my bone head fault' I should have checked this out first. The good thing is that I am dual booting Windows 7 & 8.
computer_bash.gif

Microsoft B's look like 8's. You might want to check that as it solved many problems for others having issues.

There are "OTHER" ways to activate windows 8.

Also depending on your mail provider they really don't delete stuff and you might be able to get that old e-mail back if you know about when the date was.

Mike.

One more reason not to use Micro$oft. And talking about not using Micro$oft, why hasn't Tim posted here yet?

The TOG​

Just another reason to get Linux. I can't for the life of me understand why people would want to continuously over the years take this abuse from Microsnooze and then pay them to have them do it to you yet? That's sicker than a woman who likes to be slammed around and in the ER constantly from abusive boyfriends. I say the first time live and learn, that's forgivable. But after that wise up and get another operating system. Linux is free and is advanced and up-to-date. <-- Now cut and paste that many times until it sinks in.

ROTFL

tim-from-pa I'm sold, next computer I get I'll try Linux.

Good choice. But don't wait on your next computer, try it on the one you have. You have dual boot. Why would you have dual boot and then have windows twice? You must be super masochistic. :lol
Sure you paid for your Windows 8 and thus should be able to use it, but those guys want to make you pay again for a reinstallation, think about that! Do you really wanna remain at the mercy of a nearly monopolistic abusive capitalist company for even one more day? That's like prefering tyranny over freedom.
Since you do have a dual boot system you could keep windows7 just in case you really need a windows, and have some Linux system on the other partition. There are windows-like Linux versions, like Ubuntu or OpenSuse. Linux may still require a slightly bigger cognitive effort on your part than windows does, but that'll also help you understand how operating systems work and will empower you a lot.

Good to hear from you, Tim. I have three partitions on my hard drive. XP plays some old games and works best with my camera. I rarely touch 7. Windows 8 is fantastic!!!!!!

Lewis W said:
I reinstalled Windows 8 last night and then forgot about the key. <SNIP>
Just another reason to get Linux. I can't for the life of me understand why people would want to continuously over the years take this abuse from Microsnooze and then pay them to have them do it to you yet? That's sicker than a woman who likes to be slammed around and in the ER constantly from abusive boyfriends. I say the first time live and learn, that's forgivable. But after that wise up and get another operating system. Linux is free and is advanced and up-to-date. <-- Now cut and paste that many times until it sinks in.

OK

I can understand your situation with MS, and I also have that fear. I wanted to use Ubuntu on a newer machine I bought 2 years ago, but the mobo manufacturer (Gigabyte) said not to do that.

I also have invested in many apps that use the Win 8 platform, such as Logos$$$ Bible software. I do not know if my computer has dual boot capacity (wife's does) but can I run all my programs and peripherals using Linux, if it is that much better.

How steep is the learning curve? I am an old DOS guy who had the fasted 386 SX in Virginia due to tweaking this and that via autoexec.bat.

It took about a hour' but they, Microsoft was great' they were bent on solving this' and they did' for free. So now I am activated and ready to go. These guy's were fantastic, the last guy that I talked to at the Microsoft Store nailed it down, and I allowed him to control my PC by remote and he got the job done' and sent me 2 types of confirmation e-mails. So I am happy. And also Windows 8.1 comes out tomorrow as a free upgrade.

Folks, I want to repeat a warning. Windows 8.1 is NOT an upgrade. MS calls it that for tax purposes. Windows 8.1 is a complete operating system that is similar to Windows 8.

I reinstalled Windows 8 last night and then forgot about the key. So when I got up today and turned it on it asked me for the key so I downloaded some software and found the key' but Microsoft does not recognize the key. So the guy from Microsoft told me that if I reinstall I have to purchase another key' and he even thought it was a pirate version.....

had you made/had "genuine windows validation" before the reinstallation?

here's a link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/exe-validation.aspx?id=0

Blessings

I downoaded 8.1 this morning, now I have to see what all the hoopla is about. So I have to play around with it to see what's up with it. If anybody else has downloaded it, please let us know of your findings' as far as 8.1 being better than the first edition. And what have you noticed that is different in this update.

JCitol wrote
had you made/had "genuine windows validation" before the reinstallation?
Yes it was genuine' I purchased it last January.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back