Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Millions of years ago ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

twinc

in an expanding/stretched out universe the drifting moon and shrinking sun would have been closer and larger = scalding steam and red hot dust and ashes on earth = no evolution possible imho - twinc

Um, no. There weren't even stars during the inflationary period. It wasn't until billions of years later that elementary particles and then matter condensed. Plenty of time for the solar system, which was caused by a nearby supernova. How do we know? Because all the elements on Earth, heavier than iron could only have been formed in a supernova.

We are all made of atoms forged inside a star.

Um, no. There weren't even stars during the inflationary period. It wasn't until billions of years later that elementary particles and then matter condensed. Plenty of time for the solar system, which was caused by a nearby supernova. How do we know? Because all the elements on Earth, heavier than iron could only have been formed in a supernova.

no billions of years either - creation was 'simul et ex nihilo - biogeny does not compute on and with stars - some also still believe in a big bang - twinc

in an expanding/stretched out universe the drifting moon and shrinking sun would have been closer and larger = scalding steam and red hot dust and ashes on earth = no evolution possible imho - twinc

Yeah. No evolution possible. Heat flows from hot to cold. If the universe was billions of years old, then it would be a uniform temperature...and it's not.

That's funny, I thought we were made from the dust of the ground, lol.

I wish it was funny Edward "heavier than iron could only have been formed in a supernova" this statement turns an almighty God into an evolutionist, rather than us not thinking like him now God has to conform to the rules man has laid out.. what do you gain by saying things that hurt the Lords feelings Barbarian?

tob

I wish it was funny Edward "heavier than iron could only have been formed in a supernova" this statement turns an almighty God into an evolutionist, rather than us not thinking like him now God has to conform to the rules man has laid out.. what do you gain by saying things that hurt the Lords feelings Barbarian?

tob

no problem = where did the supernova come from = God = a real supernova - btw it seems Big Bang/Supernova never ever happened - twinc

Last edited:
Yeah. No evolution possible. Heat flows from hot to cold. If the universe was billions of years old, then it would be a uniform temperature...and it's not.

That's funny, I thought we were made from the dust of the ground, lol.

it seems some scientists tried to copy God but He told them to get their own dust - twinc

The theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the location of the moon or the size of the sun. The theory of Evolution only deals with allele frequencies within populations.

The theory of Evolution has nothing to do with the location of the moon or the size of the sun. The theory of Evolution only deals with allele frequencies within populations.

Technically so, but the big bang is usually always discussed in the same breath for the most part.

Regarding the planets and their sizes and locations, it seems apparent that the earth is also uniquely located not only for life, but to discover. If the size and location of either the sun or moon were any different, we couldn't see the corona during an eclipse, which has taught us a lot about light an so forth.

Technically so, but the big bang is usually always discussed in the same breath for the most part.
In casual conversation both could be spoken about, but in academics Biology and cosmolgy are seperate fields.

Regarding the planets and their sizes and locations, it seems apparent that the earth is also uniquely located not only for life, but to discover. If the size and location of either the sun or moon were any different, we couldn't see the corona during an eclipse, which has taught us a lot about light an so forth.
A lot of this is based on how we as humans have adapted to learning about our surroundings.

In casual conversation both could be spoken about, but in academics Biology and cosmolgy are seperate fields.

A lot of this is based on how we as humans have adapted to learning about our surroundings.

I'll buy that.

Maybe this too, to a certain extent, but it sure helps if the size and distance is just so, so that the corona can be viewed. I'm not sure of another way that we would have to view a corona with the sun and moon being as they are.

T
I'll buy that.

Maybe this too, to a certain extent, but it sure helps if the size and distance is just so, so that the corona can be viewed. I'm not sure of another way that we would have to view a corona with the sun and moon being as they are.
there isnt always a corona though. I dont know to much about cosmoly or the physics side of light, but I do know that we as humans mostly just explane what we do see. If it wasn't the carona, we'd be studying something else.

'''''''''''''''WHAT'''''''''''''''View attachment 4978

T
there isnt always a corona though. I dont know to much about cosmoly or the physics side of light, but I do know that we as humans mostly just explane what we do see. If it wasn't the carona, we'd be studying something else.

Yes there is. In a full eclipse, there's always a corona visible. It's the teeny (not really!) band of light which shines out from around the moon at full eclipse. It extends for millions of kilometers out into space and the way it shines light through the dust particles of the moon, reveals different color frequencies ans wavelengths and stuff in lines which allow us to identify the molecular structure of the star and so forth that would otherwise be impossible for us to know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona

Wow. That is so cool how humans can analize the entire universe( eternal and expanding i guess so far as science explains it, correct me if i wrong please.) , as we are a speck of mere dust with limited resourse's.

Billions and billions of light years away there could be just one element to change that theory.

Its cool when we say billions of years. I thought millions was cool, but billions is even cooler.

Maybe it just always was. Maybe it just always wasnt.

:lol Yeah, and isn't it cool how people can say they believe the Word of God and in the same breath say that they believe in evolution too? That's a head scratcher there. :confused

I dont want to be stubborn because i dont know much so i keep options open. I struggle with evolution, even there could be room for it in scripture but from my post above i cannot see anyway how science can ever prove, and humans could ever have the resorces to analise life as its always a study of progress, i have never studied that side, evolution, so i cant really comment to much, but i do believe in the creator of the heavens and the earth.

Man will probably never figure it all out until it is given to us. But I have studied it some and there are some glaring holes in evolution, which the evolutionists can not answer but usually try to explain it away with a bunch of scientific babble which sounds confusing but explains nought.

One of the biggest things about creationism that I have noticed since beginning a walk with the Lord, is that...it's obvious if you just step outside your front door and look around. To me, having faith in God is easier just by looking at His creation. I don't think it's boom, it's over, it's created and is here. It needs maintenance that is ongoing. God does this.

In actuality, the evolutionists, don't really know a whole lot. They choose to place their faith in scientists and so forth.

Nothing wrong with having faith in science but i dont think its worthy of worship. Behind every design is a great designer.

I would be a fool to say I can build a house because i have knowledge, but nothing greater than me as a human can ever create because i rule, even i am just a mere speck of dust who did not create myself as i come from my mothers womb.

Looked up in the sky tonight did you?! :)
That's how I feel when I look up in the sky.

I do not look up in the sky because i do not know if what i am looking at is up, or down, given a 360 degree circle world, that is in a 360 degree universe of entire darkness(except stars), that also has no up or down. Forget gravity.

Where is up?

Let you and me both point up right now in our different counties and see if we both point the same place. I guarentee we will be pointing way off diferent directions.

are you an upright guy or walking upside down or sideways or at some other angle - maybe that's why some are not talking the same talk since they are not walking the same walk - twinc

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back