Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Most Influential Evangelicals

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When it comes to Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, or anyone of that ilk, you just have to watch, or listen, to their sermons to know what they are about. Their primary "message" is the Prosperity Gospel, which is a false doctrine. I would steer clear of these, or pretty much anyone on TBN.

I have heard good things about RC Sproul, but I generally stick to the pastor at my church. Very wise, and humble man. Does not shy away from the controversial, and will respectfully steer you in the right direction when you ask him about a specific doctrine.

When it comes to Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, or anyone of that ilk, you just have to watch, or listen, to their sermons to know what they are about. Their primary "message" is the Prosperity Gospel, which is a false doctrine. I would steer clear of these, or pretty much anyone on TBN.
Agreed.

I think the emphasis always needs to be on the doctrinal content of the evangel, than on which people called 'evangelical' are supposedly influential...

The most treacherous enemy in the church is the tongue. The human tongue has done more damage and caused more heartaches than any other source of trouble. What we say cuts far deeper than any knife or sword."You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor". Peter and John were accused of preaching a false Christ, clearly a false accusation. Unfairly, they were beaten for it. And who could ever overlook Jesus himself.

We're not surprised when Jesus began to deliver His immortal Sermon on the Mount that He included these words:

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:11-12 NASB

If you are being falsely accused these days, I'd suggest you read those words again, this time a little more deliberately.

The most treacherous enemy in the church is the tongue. The human tongue has done more damage and caused more heartaches than any other source of trouble. What we say cuts far deeper than any knife or sword."You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor". Peter and John were accused of preaching a false Christ, clearly a false accusation. Unfairly, they were beaten for it. And who could ever overlook Jesus himself.

We're not surprised when Jesus began to deliver His immortal Sermon on the Mount that He included these words:

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

If you are being falsely accused these days, I'd suggest you read those words again, this time a little more deliberately.

Excellent post; I think the Alexander Graham Bell museum is a worthy institution, but the way the telephone has been used in gossip about servants of the Lord is truly shameful. James's Epistle, about the tongue, is very searching; I look at my own heart, too.

Very good post, though I would replace "human tongue" with "pride" as the one thing that has caused the most damage.

Excellent post; I think the Alexander Graham Bell museum is a worthy institution, but the way the telephone has been used in gossip about servants of the Lord is truly shameful. James's Epistle, about the tongue, is very searching; I look at my own heart, too.

Thank you. Jesus said you will know them by the fruit they bear.

What is it that causes you to believe he is a universalist?

I heard Larry King try to get him to judge the Mormon faith (Larry King is mormon) and Osteen didn't bite. He tried to void answering even. He was on King's show and it would have been wrong for him to condemn the man on his own show and in front of millions of people.
But other than that I am not aware of anything. Please share.

he said when asked if a bunch of buddhists in india were on their way to hell. he said he didnt know. if they are told of jesus then yes they are. few on this earth haven't heard of the name of Names.

he said when asked if a bunch of buddhists in india were on their way to hell. he said he didnt know. if they are told of jesus then yes they are. few on this earth haven't heard of the name of Names.

And he blinks too much. Can't stand that.

i have no use for the prosperity gospel. i was caught into some of that. raised "in the faith" as a pentacostal. i still am.the jewish sage never believed that the Heshem guarenteed peace and prosperty toward the hebrews in wealth and wordly things.

they get that from genesis three.

And yet it is our responsibility to call out those who are not in the light of Christ as they bear his name on their lips. With Swaggart that would be the case and per the claims of Mishel McCumber.

Regularly, I listen to J. Vernon McGee and Chuck Swindoll. I also sometimes listen to Stanley and have listened to MacArthur in the past. I used to watch Perry Stone quite regularly, but now he's not on at a time that is convenient for me. I used to listen to Sproul quite regularly, but haven't listened to him in a while for the same reason. I also liked a guy on Sermon Audio called W.J Mencarow.

Univeralist do not believe ANYONE is going to hell. Obviously Osteen is not one. He said if they had heard the gossip, then yes they were.

Univeralist do not believe ANYONE is going to hell. Obviously Osteen is not one. He said if they had heard the gossip, then yes they were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKF_QgNezBY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FNvNhq-brs

Osteen claims he and Mitt Romney have a common bond in Jesus Christ as their Savior....

In Osteens mind Mormons are true Christians. He's not to judge the little details of it.

BTW, I can understand a Christian not wanting to get on TV and claim lots of people are going to hell or even that certain sins are wrong. I understand wanting to keep someone attention rather than have them turn away too quickly. I don't believe Osteen is denying the truth because he wants to tell them about Jesus rather he wants something for himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back