Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Museam of Natural History,Washington D.C,filled with evolution malarkey.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
We were at the Museam of Natural History yesterday.I got so bored looking at the explanations of human evolution,I skipped over most of it.Someone has had alot of free time on their hands to have invented all of the displays explaining human evolution.There was even a fullsize model of a ape/woman like creature with small human like breasts holding a smartphone,HOW WE HAVE EVOLVED!.It's entertaining to read the captions on displays stating how many billions to millions,and thousands of years it required for life to evolve.Maybe we will all grow wings someday so that we don't have to endure airport non-sense anymore.Think of the time you would save if you had wings?.

The Ohio Resistance.

Last edited:
Hey All,

"Maybe we will all grow wings someday so that we don't have to endure airport non-sense anymore.Think of the time you would save if you had wings?" Quote from Christian Saboteur

But boy will your arms be tired. (Old guy's joke
Of course the mother-in-law will be the first to figure out how to fly. (Sorry Wright brothers, she is the first.) I just don't know what powers that broom.

Seriously though, that is still better than the government telling you what to believe. We also have to remember that not everybody believes as we do. We have to allow for everyone's beliefs.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

We were at the Museam of Natural History yesterday.I got so bored looking at the explanations of human evolution,I skipped over most of it.Someone has had alot of free time on their hands to have invented all of the displays explaining human evolution.There was even a fullsize model of a ape/woman like creature with small human like breasts holding a smartphone,HOW WE HAVE EVOLVED!.It's entertaining to read the captions on displays stating how many billions to millions,and thousands of years it required for life to evolve.Maybe we will all grow wings someday so that we don't have to endure airport non-sense anymore.Think of the time you would save if you had wings?.

The Ohio Resistance.
Weird. I mean, you were at a Museum of Natural History, so I find it hard to believe you were shocked to find that their exhibits reflect the state of the science as it has been for the last 100 years or so, even if you deny it.

It's like a flat-earther going to the National Space museum and being shocked at all the displays showing a spherical earth. In both cases all I can think is.....what else did you expect to see?

Weird. I mean, you were at a Museum of Natural History, so I find it hard to believe you were shocked to find that their exhibits reflect the state of the science as it has been for the last 100 years or so, even if you deny it.

It's like a flat-earther going to the National Space museum and being shocked at all the displays showing a spherical earth. In both cases all I can think is.....what else did you expect to see?
I find it frustrating. I've always wanted to go to that museum. This guy gets to go and he ignores everything.

Oh, that reminds me. Before you joined the site, we had this guy in the conspiracy section who was a diehard flat earther. I questioned him on any other science he didn't believe in. To my amazement, and to everyone else's, he said, "Gravity is a fiction as fake as the round earth lie!" 😂😂😂

I find it frustrating. I've always wanted to go to that museum. This guy gets to go and he ignores everything.

Oh, that reminds me. Before you joined the site, we had this guy in the conspiracy section who was a diehard flat earther. I questioned him on any other science he didn't believe in. To my amazement, and to everyone else's, he said, "Gravity is a fiction as fake as the round earth lie!" 😂😂😂
I know a 'Flat Earther' where I work,the earth being a ball is an optical illusion,that's his theory.

An old online friend used to say, never underestimate humans' capacity for self-delusion.

But really, there isn't much effective difference between flat-earthers and young-earthers. Both rely very much on the view that the world's scientists have been deliberately lying to everyone for a very long time.

An old online friend used to say, never underestimate humans' capacity for self-delusion.

But really, there isn't much effective difference between flat-earthers and young-earthers. Both rely very much on the view that the world's scientists have been deliberately lying to everyone for a very long time.
I don't know if I'd say deliberately lying. A lie implies deception but I don't believe that is the purpose of the scientific understanding. Science is only trying to define or describe our world based on the evidence we find in our world view. It's not a conspiracy.

I don't know if I'd say deliberately lying. A lie implies deception but I don't believe that is the purpose of the scientific understanding. Science is only trying to define or describe our world based on the evidence we find in our world view. It's not a conspiracy.
Oh I don't think any of them are deliberately lying, it's that flat-earthers and young-earthers do.

It's always interesting to see how such folks explain the fact that the world's scientists have consistently reached conclusions that are the opposite of what the FE's and YE's believe. It almost always comes down to either "they're all lying" or "it's part of Satan's deception".

I think they just want to believe that the bible isn't incorrect about something. The consequences are severe afterall.

I think they just want to believe that the bible isn't incorrect about something. The consequences are severe afterall.
Yep. When one's identity is very much about being a Christian, anything that's even perceived to be counter to the faith becomes a personal threat that must be opposed at all costs.

Hey All,
The fact that the Sun moves across the sky during the day, then gradually disappears from the horizon is proof of the Earth's roundness. If it were flat, there would not be a gradual darkening. We would go from light to dark very quickly.

Another proof is that at the point of sunrise, the earth continues to get colder for a couple of hours. That's because the rays of the Sun are still not pointing to the ground.

So I don't know why people hold to a flat earth point of view. Of course they may believe whatever they like. But when simple science says they are wrong, and they still sincerely believe the world is flat, then I have to believe it is deliberate. Perhaps it is narcissistic, as it draws attention to themselves.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Yep. When one's identity is very much about being a Christian, anything that's even perceived to be counter to the faith becomes a personal threat that must be opposed at all costs.
This is a blanket statement that doesn't apply across the board. I am not threatened by false beliefs of others. Others have the free will to believe what they want. I may be saddened by it and I may try to point them in the right direction, but a threat they are not.

I was thinking more of the cost of living with cognitive dissonance. I never once got the sense that they wanted to silence me.

Think of the time you would save if you had wings?.
Jesus simply walked through walls or appeared with no trouble in rooms full of disciples , etc ....

Did you mention malarkey ?
Remember the phrase once used >> "garbage in , garbage out"..... it applies to all aspects of the evilutionists ideas also. Why did so many accept "garbage in" ? Who knows ? God Knows. Will God forgive them ? Who knows ? God Knows !

So I don't know why people hold to a flat earth point of view.
A large part of the reason(s) why may simply be that the governments and religions and schools that push the round moving globbe earth point of view
lie so ofte, lie every day, with no repentance usually ever, with no remorse it seems.

One quirk I'll mention that I saw recently, in case it has any possibility of being true >>>
>>>
>>
.. Someone put a camera or cameras in/on a rocket and recorded its flight towards 'space'.
At about 73 miles up it hit something ...
If that did happen, as some believe it did, what then ?

I like how you say ''scientific understanding''. Science is a method, not a school of thought. This is why a statement link ''the science bla bla bla'' is never valid and always per definition unscientific.

The scientific method is a way of gathering knowledge under specific circumstances in controlled environments.

I like how you say ''scientific understanding''. Science is a method, not a school of thought. This is why a statement link ''the science bla bla bla'' is never valid and always per definition unscientific.

The scientific method is a way of gathering knowledge under specific circumstances in controlled environments.
While we are here on this earth, we have limited understanding.

"My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJV

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know.
1 Corinthians 13:11-12 NKJV

I was thinking more of the cost of living with cognitive dissonance. I never once got the sense that they wanted to silence me.
I certainly have seen it. Here in the small town where I live and raised my kids, I ended up debating a local preacher who was trying to get the school to stop teaching evolutionary biology in science classes and start teaching creationism.

There were lots of people in the community who supported the preacher's goal.

A large part of the reason(s) why may simply be that the governments and religions and schools that push the round moving globbe earth point of view
lie so ofte, lie every day, with no repentance usually ever, with no remorse it seems.

One quirk I'll mention that I saw recently, in case it has any possibility of being true >>>
>>>
>>
.. Someone put a camera or cameras in/on a rocket and recorded its flight towards 'space'.
At about 73 miles up it hit something ...
If that did happen, as some believe it did, what then ?
Hey All,
At about 62 miles high there is the Karman line where the Earth's atmosphere meets outer space. Is that what you are thinking of?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back