Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Museam of Natural History,Washington D.C,filled with evolution malarkey.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I certainly have seen it. Here in the small town where I live and raised my kids, I ended up debating a local preacher who was trying to get the school to stop teaching evolutionary biology in science classes and start teaching creationism.

There were lots of people in the community who supported the preacher's goal.
Is that any different than how our educational system today is pushing the LGBTQ+ agenda in schools?

To me evolution is just our scientific explanation for what we see and experience from our limited understanding as we look through that glass or mirror dimly. We think we have things all figured out but every once in a while something appears that challenges that thinking and so we have to rethink and retest it again. Whereas God remains the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).

Is that any different than how our educational system today is pushing the LGBTQ+ agenda in schools?
Yes, for several reasons.

To me evolution is just our scientific explanation for what we see and experience from our limited understanding as we look through that glass or mirror dimly. We think we have things all figured out but every once in a while something appears that challenges that thinking and so we have to rethink and retest it again. Whereas God remains the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
That's fine. When it comes to what gets taught in science classes however, religious beliefs are irrelevant. We teach the scientific method and the current state of the science. Pretty simple.

Yes, for several reasons.

That's fine. When it comes to what gets taught in science classes however, religious beliefs are irrelevant. We teach the scientific method and the current state of the science. Pretty simple.
They may be irrelevant for unbelievers but not for us.

They may be irrelevant for unbelievers but not for us.
Oh I'm aware that what gets taught in science classes is relevant to the religious folks, but that doesn't mean they get the ability to alter the curricula.

Like I said, the approach in science education is to teach the scientific method and the current state of the science. Some religious folks might not like some of it, but that only matters to them.

717a15ccacd345d120b380315554075231fb9c56.jpg

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back