Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My dads surgery is tomorrow

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

My dad's surgery to remove his prostate is tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be able to easily remove all the cancer. Something suspicious has shown uo on the left side now, so they're thinking the cancer isn't just confined to the right now. Please say a prayer for him tonight before you go to sleep. His name is Jack. He's so scared. :sad

I'll give you all an update tomorrow evening. His surgery is at 8:30am and it will take 3 or so hours.

Thanks everyone for the support and prayers you've given me through this entire situation! :angel:

tonycat.jpg

All kidding aside...I will pray for your dad. :fadein:

O good God... today as this happens, let every aspect of this proceedure and treatment be in Your complete control. Let the caregivers be annointed with extraordinary talent and abilities, let Jack have Your peace and a fast and complete recovery. I call upon Dr. Jesus to be the lead physician in this... in Christ Jesus. Amen

Deke

Quick update:

My dad's surgery took about 3 1/2 hours. The surgery went well and they ended up removing some nodes to have sent off to pathology also. We'll know the results on whether or not the cancer has spread in 48-72 hours.

He's in a LOT of pain. Even with all the pain medication, he's in a lot of pain. When he came to his room, it broke my heart. Because of them having to breathe for him during surgery, he keeps choking. They say that's normal. But when he chokes, he also needs to cough and it's very painful for him to do that. He is so worried that it's spread and was crying saying that he didn't want to have to go through Chemo. It's breaking my heart. :crying:

I came home just a bit ago and I just called my mom to see how he's doing. She said that they are worried because his urine output isn't good. He should be putting out a lot more than he is. They've increased his iv drip to see if that changes the output. I'm not sure what will be done if it doesn't change.

Please continue to keep him in your prayers. He's still got a long road ahead of him. He's not doing as well as other people he talked to before his surgery that had it done. He hasn't ate anything since yesterday at noon and can't eat until late tomorrow. He's STARVING. He kept asking for some Coke and they said he can't even have that. Just ice chips.

I'll give another update tomorrow.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back