Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My husband

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

paisley

Please pray for my husband whose company closed in February. Since his company closed he has not had a single interview for another job, but by the grace of God he will have an interview with a recruiter (not the company) tomorrow. If he passes the recruiter`s interview then they will refer him to the company and the company will decide if they want to interview him or not. My husband is Christian who takes his faith seriously, and he is 52 which is not an easy age to get a job in our part of Asia where age discrimination is legal and actively practiced. Nevertheless, we are trusting God to supply my husband a job where he can excel for the glory of God and retire in the position. Also we have young children and house payments to make so my husband really needs to work. Please pray with us. Thank you and we appreciate your prayers.

Praying that your husband be delivered from the hindrance given increased networking and given way to satisfactory employment.

God Bless

Relic and Jojo, thank you for your prayers. My husband is back from his interview and he was told "it will be very tough to get the company to interview you due to your age, but we will try". This isn`t shocking because my husband had contacted some recruiters before asking why he wasn`t getting any interviews and they told him it is his age. Nevertheless, it is disappointing to hear that message again. Since his company closed at the beginning of February this has been the first nibble of even a possible job so I was hopeful. Of course, by the grace of God he may still get this job, but I think it will only be by God`s grace. Your prayers mean a lot to my family. Thank you.

Yes, that was said to him but again that is not unusal. There are laws against age discrimination in America, but we live in Asia and there are no such laws. Newspapers openly advertise jobs for the age group they want which is often for recent graduates. For jobs that require more experience, 35 is usually the cut off age. 52 is considered old. We have forced retirement at age 60 so to hire someone at the age of 52, the company would only get 8 years out of the employee plus health insurance liability goes up. It is not uncommon for those who lose their jobs when they are in their late 40`s and up to end up homeless. The homeless population here is not like in America where a lot of people are drug addicts or alcoholics. The homeless population here has a lot of people who lost their jobs but were considered too old to get another and couldn`t pay their debts so they lost everything. I don`t expect to go homeless although we could realistically lose our home if my husband doesn`t get a job. I`m not afraid of being poor for myself, but I am concerned for my children. I would like to give them as stable a childhood as possible without them having to worry about school fees etc. In our country, public education only goes through Jr. HS, after that parents have to pay but even elementary and JHS have some steep fees. For example, just the uniform for public JHS costs about $1000 and I`m about to have to pay over $300 for a required field trip for my son in elementary school. There are no free or reduced lunch programs so everyone has to pay full price for lunch, etc. So I just want be able to pay our bills without our children having to worry.

The homeless population here is not like in America where a lot of people are drug addicts or alcoholics. The homeless population here has a lot of people who lost their jobs but were considered too old to get another and couldn`t pay their debts so they lost everything. I don`t expect to go homeless although we could realistically lose our home if my husband doesn`t get a job.

Homelessness is a bigger threat in America than people might imagine, especially with all of the layoffs and foreclosures lately. It has a new face to it, other than addicts and the mentally ill. These are regular families losing everything. It's so sad!

I can't believe you have to pay $300 for a field trip!!! I thought $18 was asking too much. :gah

I will continue praying for your husband to find work. I'm so sorry you're having to struggle so! The Lord bless you and your family. :pray

Thank you again for you prayers Jojo, and you are right that the face of the American homeless population is changing. Well, I don`t know if changing is the right word since there are still many drug addicts and alcholics. Maybe the right word is "expanding" which is even worse. It is really sad when a country has homeless people that are not there because of their lifestyle choices but because of economic hardtimes. May God take care of these people.
I think $300 is too much for an elementary school trip too, but life is expensive here all around. Japan may be the most expensive country in the world to live in so my husband needs a job to pay the bills!

Paisley, do let us know when your husband finds a job (notice I didn't say "if") so we may rejoice with you. :yes

Paisley,

I have prayed for your family this morning. God knows just what you need, and He will provide it. The Lord bless you.

Jojo, I will share the news when God blesses my husband with a job. It may take time, but I will not forget to send a praise report when it happens. Thank you Lovely for your prayers. I know when 2 or 3 are praying together in agreement, God hears so each of your prayers mean a lot to us. Thank you again.

My husband has his first real interview our Friday but American Thursday. I praise God for this opportunity. Please continue to pray with us. Thank you.

Thank you for asking Jojo. I just now heard from my husband. I feel like things went well but we will not know until the company speaks with the recruiters which could be today or next week. I will let you know when we hear from them. This was a really strange interview though. Usually if an interview goes well, I think it takes about 1 hour so I expected my husband to be done by noon in time for lunch. But this interview process took 3 1/2 hours all during the lunch time hours with no break for my husband to eat. I thought that was a bit strange. Also the final interview was with a man that only asked one question in the form of a riddle. He told my husband that he got the answer wrong so my husband asked what the answer was and the man said my husband has to figure it out for himself and the interview processes ended with that. It was a bit strange. Nevertheless, I feel like for a company to spend 3 1/2 hours interviewing a person, there must be some real interest. Time is money for businessmen so this valuable time would not be wasted if they were not seriously considering him. But again we have no answer and I have no idea how significant that riddle was to the interviewer so we will just continue praying until we have an answer. Thank you again for caring.

Oh my goodness, that is very strange! But you're right, time is definitely money to businessmen and 3 1/2 hours is a long interview. That could be a good sign. Let us know! :)

We now know it will be 2 weeks before a decision is made by this company as to whether to hire my husband or not so I will write back in 2 weeks with the news. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers. God is good no matter what the results may be. We love and trust Him either way, but of course we are praying for a job offer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back