Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Naievity

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Featherbop....you have definitely gained some ground my friend. Nice post.

That's enough to make you re-think it all again huh? :lol: I'm just in a silly mood so don't mind me. I'm glad you "got it"....that rocks. 8-)

Baby steps, bro...baby steps.

I'm off to dreamland. G'night. :biggrin

Hey FB, I liked your posts. It's inspiring to hear the Lord work through you and to see Him so active in many of us here on this forum. :wink:

God Bless and keep us informed. :biggrin

Re: Thought about something

Featherbop said:
I was thinking about how to distuingish about who is the one. You know, tht speacial person partner spouse person. I think I know how it could be possible to know who that is.

Well, the fantasy stuff doesn't ever work. Fantasy is not the beggining ingrediant for a successful marriage followup. Its the sign of a weak, person who has no idea of what a real commited relationship based on love and whatever else is needed(trust, maybe?).

So, to find that one person to marry, look for someone who is real about things, and who is all about relaiablilty, for keeping a commitment regardless of circumstance. Someone who shows no remorse to foolish fantasy and won't tolerate being stupid and won't break the commitment anyway. Don't look for the person who will change, look for someone steady, calm, reliable, relentless, unremorseful, unchanging, loving person who will do whatever for the relationship without doing anything wrong.

I think i got this figured out pretty well, just keep a sharp eye out, and be relentless in not letting fantasy instead of reality permeate the relationship.

Kepp a sharp eye out.

None of those things is how a Chrsitian should seek a spouse. First seek God on the matter asking for someone who loves Him and obeys all His leading in humility and wisdom. Then ask Him if you can have someone like that and be sure that you are just as godly and wait in the Lord to provide them. Then you will have a marriage made in heaven and not from the flesh.

Those are good ideals featherbop.
But the above post is right in that you should seek God first and then be able to recognize a woman with Godly attributes and convictions.
Like for instance, "homeskillet"....she's godly, :biggrin .

But be careful because other things can suck you in and some woman out there are experts at manipulation.
Know what you are looking for and dont compromise your morals.

Only those who are doing it God's way are on the right track. That means we seek only through Him in all we do.

Saved, I think what's such a blessing about this thread is the journey featherbop has come...he used to be very 'cynical' about marriage (correct me if I'm wrong, Bop) so for him to even post, what he finally "got" was a huge step in the right direction...and he never dismissed God's role in it.

My heart is glad for him. :biggrin

speechless-smiley-027.gif

Have you met someone??!!!!!!!

Homeskillet said:
Saved, I think what's such a blessing about this thread is the journey featherbop has come...he used to be very 'cynical' about marriage (correct me if I'm wrong, Bop) so for him to even post, what he finally "got" was a huge step in the right direction...and he never dismissed God's role in it.

My heart is glad for him. :biggrin

I am very glad that he is on a journey and progressing, but my point is that he needs to come full swing. It is not God and my will or my desires, but God alone. Only then do we have the fullness of what he wants for us. We do the seeking of Him first and He does the adding.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back