Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Need Prayer

• Thread starter abeautifulletdown
  • Start date

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A

abeautifulletdown

I normally don't ask people I don't know to pray for me, but I figure it's worth a shot. Here it goes.

So many things are happening in my life right now and it honestly keeps going downhill. My student loan for this year isn't even going to help very much for expenses. Once the school took out their tuition for this semester, I was left with $1400. Not very much when you have to pay for rent, transportation, groceries, a cell phone and credit card bill, and school supplies, never mind anything else.

I am an art student, and my course usually requires me to spend a lot on supplies. Art supplies aren't cheap unfortunately. If I can't buy the supplies, I can't do the projects. If I can't do the projects, I won't get the grades, and if I can't get the grades, well, I can't stay at the college. It's a horrible catch 22. I have worked SO hard this past few months just to get good grades. I don't want to have to give it all up now.

I am behind on rent, and I am terrified that I am going to get evicted. The management for my apartment building emailed me today and said that if they don't get the rent money by the 11th, I will have to move out. I really don't want to have to put my mom in the position of having me move back in with her right now. She would do it in a heartbeat, but things are also tough for her. She's finding it hard to get a job, despite having lots of experience.

I have been looking for a job here ever since August. I cannot even begin to tell you how many applications and resumes I have sent out, not to mention that some places don't even bother thanking you for applying. I finally heard back from a photography studio yesterday. They want me to come in for an interview this Friday night, and i'm praying that all goes well. I applied for a bursary at school, but i still haven't heard if I've gotten it or not. Honestly, I don't even know where the extra money is coming from to go home this weekend.

As for God, I don't even know. It just seems as if he's not listening. Bullet after bullet keeps getting shot at me, and I'm just so frustrated. Sometimes I wonder if God really cares or not what happens to me. My friends keep telling me that things will get better, but it's very easy to say when you're not in that situation. I feel as if God has given up on me.

Please just pray that everything works out. Finances, school, the interview, my relationship with God. Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Hi,

I just want you to know that I am praying for everything you asked for, finances, school, interview and relationship with God.

God bless.

Tina

Hey,

I understand your position but your priority in life should be God. Everything else in life should be secondary - school, finances, grades etc. Im not passing judgement; Ive also had a bunch of things go bad all at once, this can be very overwhelming. But from my own experience I can tell you this is when you have to trust him the most. He may not answer or even make sense to you but even then when you love someone you stick by them no matter what. I will pray for you eventually you will get a job, it took me many tries to get mine. I believe you will be fine just be patient and God fearing. Things in life take time even for the people who are on top.

God Bless You

abeautifulletdown said:
My friends keep telling me that things will get better, but it's very easy to say when you're not in that situation.

So it is. But I have been in that situation more times than I care to remember and can honestly say that it is true: if you are God's child, things WILL get better. Think about it...what's the absolute worst thing that can happen to you? Death? If you are saved, even death means an eternity of better.

Meanwhile, trust in God to supply for all of your needs. He cares about everything that concerns you. Turn to Him and say, "Daddy, I need your help." And don't forget to thank Him in advance for taking care of you.

Philippians 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

Back