Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New member, little lost but very interested

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

stevenb

I'll give a little info on myself and other details I might find to be worth posting.

I'm 29, I live with mental illness. I have been diagnosed 6 years with schizoaffective disorder and take medication for it as well, although I don't know weather this is a spiritual or real problem.

When I was around 19 I realized there was a god. I listened to christian music everday for years but still felt extremely depressed and not right. It was further complicated with hospitilizations.

Anyhow I am deciding after years of being very lost to rededicate my life to god. I downloaded a King James bible app on my phone. I look forward to reading this any chance I get. I also downloaded the air1 radio app.

I think that I have learned by now that if you want to be close to god you really have to seek him out and he doesn't just come to you if you are enduldging in wordly things 24/7. Anyhow, glad to be here and look forward to reading.

I'll give a little info on myself and other details I might find to be worth posting.

I'm 29, I live with mental illness. I have been diagnosed 6 years with schizoaffective disorder and take medication for it as well, although I don't know weather this is a spiritual or real problem.

When I was around 19 I realized there was a god. I listened to christian music everday for years but still felt extremely depressed and not right. It was further complicated with hospitilizations.

Anyhow I am deciding after years of being very lost to rededicate my life to god. I downloaded a King James bible app on my phone. I look forward to reading this any chance I get. I also downloaded the air1 radio app.

I think that I have learned by now that if you want to be close to god you really have to seek him out and he doesn't just come to you if you are enduldging in wordly things 24/7. Anyhow, glad to be here and look forward to reading.
You might find Masks of Melancholy a useful read, though not specific to your problem, which is real however caused. It was written by a Christian psychiatrist (John White).

A KJV app might be free, but far from the best nowadays—language has moved on and translation/text have improved. Still, no translation can be perfect. I’ve come to shortlist English Bible versions to the CEB/‌CEV/‌ERV/‌LEB/‌NABRE/‌NCV/‌NIV/‌NKJV/‌NLT/‌NRSV. E-Sword is a cheap app and allows many free Bible versions to be added to its KJV base, and is free on a PC. And www.biblegateway.com is a fantastic site.

Holiness is a deep concept to unpack, but part of it is that multilevel holiness is closeness to God.

Welcome to the forum Steven. Jesus once asked his apostles who are men saying I am, how would you answer that sir?

E-Sword is a cheap app and allows many free Bible versions to be added to its KJV base, and is free on a PC. And www.biblegateway.com is a fantastic site.
I will check this out when my new laptop arrives. Thank you for the link.
Welcome to the forum Steven. Jesus once asked his apostles who are men saying I am, how would you answer that sir?
My initial uneducated answer would have been "the way, the life and the truth" but I see that Peter said "God's mesiah" I believe?

My initial uneducated answer would have been "the way, the life and the truth" but I see that Peter said "God's mesiah" I believe?
"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God".
Matthew 16:17

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Welcome aboard.
Read Revelation 3:20
He is just as ready as we are to have a relationship.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

And that is a great answer Steve, truth in fact. You can read the account for yourself at Mat 16:13-17. Peter gave his answer to Jesus, and Jesus pointed out that God revealed it to him. Enjoy the account sir.

Steven,
Thank you for sharing. The last paragraph you wrote about seeking Him out and not indulging in the things of this world really resonated with me; as I, like you, have also learned this to be true from my own life’s experience. If you ever have any bible questions/concerns/confusion/etc. please don’t hesitate to message me. I’m so happy you’re here.

Steven,
Thank you for sharing. The last paragraph you wrote about seeking Him out and not indulging in the things of this world really resonated with me; as I, like you, have also learned this to be true from my own life’s experience. If you ever have any bible questions/concerns/confusion/etc. please don’t hesitate to message me. I’m so happy you’re here.
Aww thanks Anna, what a warm welcome.

Hi stevenb and welcome to CF :wave2

Just take your time reading the Bible even if it is just a few paragraphs at a session as when you read pray first and ask the Holy Spirit to give you the understanding you need for the simplistic until your understanding begins to mature. It's always good to start out by reading the book of John first as this will help you in developing your relationship with Christ Jesus. Any question you have please feel free to use the Question and Answer forum as there is no debating allowed within that forum.

God bless :)

Hi! I'm mentally ill also, but not schizo. Mostly I deal with depression and anxiety, some of it related to my being autistic I think.
Some members on here do think it's a spiritual issue, I do not. I think mental health is very much biologically based in general. Generally speaking I don't really recommend this site for mental health advice as there are just so many people who think they understand issues but have no practical or personal experience with it.
That said, I do hope that you stick around and find us supportive and helpful in your spiritual journey. :)

Hi! I'm mentally ill also, but not schizo. Mostly I deal with depression and anxiety, some of it related to my being autistic I think.
Some members on here do think it's a spiritual issue, I do not. I think mental health is very much biologically based in general. Generally speaking I don't really recommend this site for mental health advice as there are just so many people who think they understand issues but have no practical or personal experience with it.
That said, I do hope that you stick around and find us supportive and helpful in your spiritual journey. :)
One thing that hinders us from helping others is the inability to discuss what might work.

If you do not have a double blind study you are not allowed to really express thoughts.

The leaves are for the healing of the nations. Now what does that mean. Well I do not have a double blind study to prove my thoughts.

Covid has sent my thoughts way into areas I never would have gone. Jesus evidently shared his genetics with a blind man. He spat on the ground and anointed the blind man’s eyes. Jesus used words, commands, instructions, touch, to heal. Maybe other things that worked.

There is a rumor (can’t say too much) that a ketogenic diet can stop seizures and help autism in about 30% of childhood cases. Now you have go into medical literature and read.
Leaves = pages of information? Can’t prove that. To suggest that would/could get me in trouble. So we sit back and be dumbed down a bit longer.

I will stop here for now.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

When you say "help autism", what exactly do you mean? Cuz autism is a neurological difference with many different features and symptoms, the primary ones being related to recognizing social cues and the level of ability in social stuff in general. I can't imagine a diet would magically teach me to read facial expressions and body language that my brain does not inherently understand.
Perhaps a thread on this would be a good idea. I am happy to speak on what I know about autism.

A
When you say "help autism", what exactly do you mean? Cuz autism is a neurological difference with many different features and symptoms, the primary ones being related to recognizing social cues and the level of ability in social stuff in general. I can't imagine a diet would magically teach me to read facial expressions and body language that my brain does not inherently understand.
Perhaps a thread on this would be a good idea. I am happy to speak on what I know about autism.
An example.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

A

An example.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Thanks. I don't really have the patience to watch an hour and a half video, I skimmed around a bit.
Looks like they mostly work with very severe cases? Could be wrong in that assumption. I'm "level 1" or what was formerly known as "high functioning", which just means that I'm autistic enough to seem "weird" and awkward, but not to the point that I can't connect with my family and stuff like that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back