Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New member, little lost but very interested

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thanks. I don't really have the patience to watch an hour and a half video, I skimmed around a bit.
Looks like they mostly work with very severe cases? Could be wrong in that assumption. I'm "level 1" or what was formerly known as "high functioning", which just means that I'm autistic enough to seem "weird" and awkward, but not to the point that I can't connect with my family and stuff like that.
Well I could take you from a severe person to them being a school teacher.

But

I would have to be locked in the free zone to get serious with all this. Autism is a lot different than a savant. Jesus sort of dealt with both cases.

I tend to be on a track toward spiritual healing, but I can see the nations finding God through a more natural (wow that person was born blind), and if that can happen to the flesh; maybe the spiritual birth is possible. I am a limited redneck. Spiritual battles with my flesh are normal. Not good but there.

You probably do not want patience?

eddif

Proverbs chapter 1. Must be diligent and sincere about God. Look at the spirtual condition with the world. Most people are spiritually bankrupt. They think they found God at denominations. Thier not sincere. Its social club. Gods house is place to learn and grow in God's word. Many people are spirtualty dead. Denominations teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Satan promotes false doctrine. The religious leaders in Jesus time, hated Jesus. Because Jesus exposed their false doctrine. Envy and hatred. Even pilate knew why fake religious leaders brought Jesus to him. Any servant of God who teaches sound doctrine, will not win popularity contest. Get the picture. Some churches are money racket, hosea chapter 4. Some priests practice absolution. Only Jesus can forgive sins. Some people are not sincere and diligent about God.

A

An example.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Diet; does it have anything to do with us?

I suppose we may eat a large number of pounds of food in a year. This large amount of intake can have an effect on us.
Bible study is sort of the same thing. Nutrients for our inner man.

Did anyone watch the video? Comments so I will know where to post it. The video shows food and its effect on behavior. To me it seems to be for this area of discussion, and maybe elsewhere too.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Diet; does it have anything to do with us?

I suppose we may eat a large number of pounds of food in a year. This large amount of intake can have an effect on us.
Bible study is sort of the same thing. Nutrients for our inner man.

Did anyone watch the video? Comments so I will know where to post it. The video shows food and its effect on behavior. To me it seems to be for this area of discussion, and maybe elsewhere too.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
What about the Health Section?
It could be in The Lounge too.

I'll give a little info on myself and other details I might find to be worth posting.

I'm 29, I live with mental illness. I have been diagnosed 6 years with schizoaffective disorder and take medication for it as well, although I don't know weather this is a spiritual or real problem.

When I was around 19 I realized there was a god. I listened to christian music everday for years but still felt extremely depressed and not right. It was further complicated with hospitilizations.

Anyhow I am deciding after years of being very lost to rededicate my life to god. I downloaded a King James bible app on my phone. I look forward to reading this any chance I get. I also downloaded the air1 radio app.

I think that I have learned by now that if you want to be close to god you really have to seek him out and he doesn't just come to you if you are enduldging in wordly things 24/7. Anyhow, glad to be here and look forward to reading.

Welcome! I pray that you would grow closer in your relationship with God!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back