Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New to the Christian faith (Furry)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I recently discovered the faith through someone special who has surfaced in my life. I have struggled with my identity on this earth for a long time. I am part of the Furry community. I believe that God has come into my life for a reason. My former partner isn't very supportive of my interest in Christianity. I am honestly conflicted. I am young and I want to be the person God created me to be. I believe myself to be a child of God, but conflicted. I identified with ''Otherkin'' for a long time and I want to make sense of my place in the world.

Welcome to the forum, SebastianJ .

Furry, huh? Well, I think we have another one of those around here somewhere. So, make yourself at home. You say you're conflicted. What about?

Welcome to the forum, SebastianJ .

Furry, huh? Well, I think we have another one of those around here somewhere. So, make yourself at home. You say you're conflicted. What about?
Some furries believe themselves to have animal spirits. I believed this for a long time but the Bible isn't so clear on this. I often question my feelings here.

You're a human being, I assume. So it naturally follows that if you do have a soul, it would be human. In at least as much as a soul can be either human, animal, or anything else.
I often felt out of place as a human, but then I guess a soul is able to change? I'm still young and I want to be a better person spiritually. Would that be offensive to God if we wanted change? I don't have a problem living as a human being though. I just found so many positive things in Christian scripture.

I often felt out of place as a human, but then I guess a soul is able to change? I'm still young and I want to be a better person spiritually. Would that be offensive to God if we wanted change? I don't have a problem living as a human being though. I just found so many positive things in Christian scripture.
Be yourself and seek God. There's no need to complicate it.

Hi. Welcome. Jesus came to make all things new, so your identity is something that He can change for you. Submit yourself in consistent prayer, fastings, living in the Word and watch the transformation take place.

2 Corinthians 5
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (KJV)

Romans 12
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (KJV)

Last edited:
I recently discovered the faith through someone special who has surfaced in my life. I have struggled with my identity on this earth for a long time. I am part of the Furry community. I believe that God has come into my life for a reason. My former partner isn't very supportive of my interest in Christianity. I am honestly conflicted. I am young and I want to be the person God created me to be. I believe myself to be a child of God, but conflicted. I identified with ''Otherkin'' for a long time and I want to make sense of my place in the world.

Welcome to Christian Forums, Sebastian.

In God's design, he recreates us in His Son's image, but this can take time and development, so just be encouraged as you grow in your faith. Scripture says we are changed into His likeness from faith to faith. What that means is that we give ourselves to reading His word, for faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God bless, and welcome once again.
- H

I have honestly come to believe that all is well in me as I am. That my own read on things have been down to self-loathing. I do believe the divine loves me as I am.

I have honestly come to believe that all is well in me as I am. That my own read on things have been down to self-loathing. I do believe the divine loves me as I am.

If you think you have nothing to repent of, your religion is not Christianity, and you are false identifying. There are a few religions where "the divine" does not ask that you make changes to yourself, but Christianity is not one of them.

If you think you have nothing to repent of, your religion is not Christianity, and you are false identifying. There are a few religions where "the divine" does not ask that you make changes to yourself, but Christianity is not one of them.
I am not sure of what changes will bring. I am young and looking for a place in the world like everyone else. I cannot speak indefinitely for myself or anyone.

I am young and looking for a place in the world like everyone else.

I understand, trust me. Only this right here is in and of itself a little antithetical to Christianity as well. The Christian faith involves seeking to find your identity in Christ, not in this world, so they are two diametrically opposed world views with two entirely different objectives in mind.

I am not sure of what changes will bring. I am young and looking for a place in the world like everyone else. I cannot speak indefinitely for myself or anyone.
Friend, true Christians forsake the world, not try to find a place in it; we are in the world, but not of the world.

1 John 2
[15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
[16] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
[17] And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Jesus said that whoever would come after Him, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily.

Luke 9
[23] And he [Jesus] said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Jesus also said that if you gain your life in this world, then in the end you will lose it; but if you lose your life in this world, you would find it.

Matthew 10
[39] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

What's more, Jesus said what profit is it to gain the whole world but in the end lose one's soul.

Matthew 16
[26] For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Luke 9
[25] For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

What is the source of the self loathing?
It's mostly the lack of love and heavy criticism of people who I trusted. People who always insisted that I was a lost soul. The lack of humility shown by people who used their faith like a weapon on me. Understanding is what many need, but few receive.

It's mostly the lack of love and heavy criticism of people who I trusted. People who always insisted that I was a lost soul. The lack of humility shown by people who used their faith like a weapon on me. Understanding is what many need, but few receive.
I understand. So, these are the things you truly desire, not identity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back