Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New to the Christian faith (Furry)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I recently discovered the faith through someone special who has surfaced in my life. I have struggled with my identity on this earth for a long time. I am part of the Furry community. I believe that God has come into my life for a reason. My former partner isn't very supportive of my interest in Christianity. I am honestly conflicted. I am young and I want to be the person God created me to be. I believe myself to be a child of God, but conflicted. I identified with ''Otherkin'' for a long time and I want to make sense of my place in the world.
Welcome to the forum Sebastian. Your desire to seek God is wise sir Zeph 2:3

He's clearly not interested in that.
You mentioned people have pushed you into wanting to give up on yourself recently. But I can assure I am not someone with that intention. The last thing I want to be is someone who makes you feel worse.

If I had known you were battling addiction and a victim of molestation, I would have worded my reply to you very differently. I was not calling you names when I used the word disgusting. How organised religion preys upon the vulnerable disgusts me inside. Because religious people have done that to me

I have been where you are right now. Addiction, PTSD, everything, was coming to a crisis, but many good people of different backgrounds and beliefs helped me out of that many years ago. I just turned 30 in March and today I can look back and tell you that my past demons have greatly lost their grip. You have to let people in. You cannot shut people out because of organised religion or politics.

I came here to help someone under the guise of being a Christian. Collecting information is my job. Legally, I am allowed to lie to collect evidence. Having done my part, I want to leave you with words of love and encouragement.

I know that molestation can lead to a sexual identity crisis. That's just 101 in the many interviews I have had with people. I knew someone who believed himself to be gay because his uncle did despicable things to him as a child. But just because molestation can lead to a sexual identity crisis. It does not mean every gay person was a victim of sexual abuse. This defence is incredibly important to note. If you become conflicted about who you are interested in when it comes to gender because of what happened to you, then I am very sorry, but you are not alone in this. It's more common an outcome than you may realise.

Just because you and I came to a different conclusion spiritually does not mean that we cannot find solace along the way. I dislike organised religion simply because of the negative political effects it has had on my home country (US) Religion is not supposed to be infused with the state. That, along with how organised religious people have treated my family, and myself.

We are two souls on a journey, and I would not have stated what I stated in my reply if I did not care about you and other people I have met in this particular case. Sure, I got angry and passionate, but I was not personally angry at you.

I hope that whatever troubles you are experiencing will pass and my thoughts and my prayers are with you.

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Lol, I knew it!
I wondered by what you were saying if you had come out of the Catholic church.
It troubled many of us. The pretentiousness and the lies. A better truth awaits us all. Peace be upon you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back