Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

No where in the Renewed Covenant

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Trying to show people that all that in the OT was the foundation of all the NT instead of truncating it off. And the NT is by extension what the OT was about. If one does not understand OT, then they worship Jesus in a vacuum. I would not be so quick either to judge those who want to worship on Sabbath or Feast days of the Lord as if they are doing it for salvation (they are not). They mean something for the future and are biblically based. And yet the same would change the Sabbath to Sunday (don't know where that came from) and keep Christmas and Easter and Lents (they have no biblical basis or story behind them) and the like not realizing they are doing the very same thing they are accusing the Sabbath folks of doing. So for those who are quick to quote Colossians, I'll quote one, too:

But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years.
I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain. (Galatians 4)

So if that's for sacrifice by the Levitical system, which is no longer necessary, it applies all the more so to newly invented or continuing old holidays with basis in paganism. That's all the more so because Paul calls them beggarly elements (i.e. detestable fundamentals like in old times before Christ). So they were using these beggarly elements to celebrate, worship or whatever - not reference to the times themselves.

It boils down to this: can you tell the difference between someone who observes Sabbaths, feasts and festivals the OT way, sacrifices and all, rather than worships on those days New Testament style? Clue: Nobody brings a lamb to sacrifice on the altar for sins etc etc. Instead we celebrate the Lord's Supper - the NT way for that feast. I have not seen a demonstration that you do know the difference.
The OT has been superseded by the NT.
Why wear old clothes when you have new ones in the closet ?

This is misleading, since you are not quoting the full text of Vines:

'[ 1,,G2537, kainos ]
denotes new," of that which is unaccustomed or unused, not "new" in time, recent, but "new" as to form or quality, of different nature from what is contrasted as old. "'The new tongues,' kainos, of Mark 16:17 are the 'other tongues,' heteros, of Acts 2:4. These languages, however, were 'new' and 'different,' not in the sense that they had never been heard before, or that they were new to the hearers, for it is plain from Acts 2:8 that this is not the case; they were new languages to the speakers, different from those in which they were accustomed to speak.

"The new things that the Gospel brings for present obedience and realization are: a new covenant, Matthew 26:28 in some texts; a new commandment, John 13:34; a new creative act, Galatians 6:15; a new creation, 2 Corinthians 5:17; a new man, i.e., a new character of manhood, spiritual and moral, after the pattern of Christ, Ephesians 4:24; a new man, i.e., 'the Church which is His (Christ's) body,' Ephesians 2:15.

"The new things that are to be received and enjoyed hereafter are: a new name, the believer's, Revelation 2:17; a new name, the Lord's, Revelation 3:12; a new song, Revelation 5:9; a new Heaven and a new Earth, Revelation 21:1; the new Jerusalem, Revelation 3:12; Revelation 21:2; 'And He that sitteth on the Throne said, Behold, I make all things new,' Revelation 21:5" * [* From Notes on Galations, by Hogg and Vine, pp. 337,338.]

Kainos is translated "fresh" in the RV of Matthew 9:17; Mark 2:22 (in the best texts) and Luke 5:38, of wineskins. Cp. kainotes, "newness" (below)'

Clearly, some of those things are "new" in time and recent, which is also what "fresh" means. This is supported by Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible (in addition to the sources I already gave):

NEW
6. New, fresh, recent, newly made, καινός kainos

No, it's not misleading.
This is misleading, since you are not quoting the full text of Vines:

'[ 1,,G2537, kainos ]
denotes new," of that which is unaccustomed or unused, not "new" in time, recent, but "new" as to form or quality, of different nature from what is contrasted as old. "'The new tongues,' kainos, of Mark 16:17 are the 'other tongues,' heteros, of Acts 2:4. These languages, however, were 'new' and 'different,' not in the sense that they had never been heard before, or that they were new to the hearers, for it is plain from Acts 2:8 that this is not the case; they were new languages to the speakers, different from those in which they were accustomed to speak.

"The new things that the Gospel brings for present obedience and realization are: a new covenant, Matthew 26:28 in some texts; a new commandment, John 13:34; a new creative act, Galatians 6:15; a new creation, 2 Corinthians 5:17; a new man, i.e., a new character of manhood, spiritual and moral, after the pattern of Christ, Ephesians 4:24; a new man, i.e., 'the Church which is His (Christ's) body,' Ephesians 2:15.

"The new things that are to be received and enjoyed hereafter are: a new name, the believer's, Revelation 2:17; a new name, the Lord's, Revelation 3:12; a new song, Revelation 5:9; a new Heaven and a new Earth, Revelation 21:1; the new Jerusalem, Revelation 3:12; Revelation 21:2; 'And He that sitteth on the Throne said, Behold, I make all things new,' Revelation 21:5" * [* From Notes on Galations, by Hogg and Vine, pp. 337,338.]

Kainos is translated "fresh" in the RV of Matthew 9:17; Mark 2:22 (in the best texts) and Luke 5:38, of wineskins. Cp. kainotes, "newness" (below)'

Clearly, some of those things are "new" in time and recent, which is also what "fresh" means. This is supported by Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible (in addition to the sources I already gave):

NEW
6. New, fresh, recent, newly made, καινός kainos
Yes, I knew you would label me in that manner, why didn't you post the whole page listing #2 and #3....especially #2 considering neos and kainos are used of the same thing....but two different meanings....and you don't want to be misleading. Considering #2 gives more information about kainos.

No, it's not misleading.

Yes, I knew you would label me in that manner,
Where did I label you in any manner?

why didn't you post the whole page listing #2 and #3....especially #2 considering neos and kainos are used of the same thing....but two different meanings....and you don't want to be misleading. Considering #2 gives more information about kainos.
This is all I have, which I posted: https://studybible.info/vines/New

Neos is not kainos; it's a different word and is not relevant since that isn't the word used in the contexts we've been discussing.

Where did I label you in any manner?

This is all I have, which I posted: https://studybible.info/vines/New

Neos is not kainos; it's a different word and is not relevant since that isn't the word used in the contexts we've been discussing.
Did I say Neos is the same word as Kainos? No, I surely did not, it is relevant as to the difference between the two words both of which are used as New.

Neos...signifies new in respect of time, that which is recent, especially the comparative degree "younger" accordingly what is neos "maybe" a reproduction of the old in quality or character.
Neos and Kainos are sometimes used of the same thing, BUT there is a Difference, as already indicated.... (kainos denotes new of that which is unaccustomed or unused NOT NEW IN TIME, or recent, but new as to form or quality, of a different nature from what is contrasted as old)...Thus the Kainos man in Eph.2:15 is new in differing in character as in Eph.4:24 you put on Kainos/new man.
But in Col 3:10 and having put on the Neos man....which stresses the fact of the believer's Neos/New experience, Recently begun and still proceeding..."The old man in him dates as far back Adam.
The neos Covenant in Heb.12:24 is neos/new in comparison with the Mosiac nearly 1500 years before...but it is Kainos/new compared with the Mosaic which is old in character, ineffective Heb. 8:8,13; 9:15.

The Neos wine of Matt. 9:17; Mark 2:22; Luke 5:37-39 is new/neos as being of recent production; the Kainos/New wine of the Kingdom, Matt.26:29, Mark 14:25....is Kainos/new since it will be of a different character from that of the world.
The rendering of new/neos is elsewhere used as metaphorically in 1st Cor.5:7..."new lump"...see young, younger.

I maintain the the Words used by Yahusha Ha'Masheiac in Matthew 26:28-29, are the same words that Yahuah Elohyim used in Yirmeyahu 31:31-34 ...a Renewed Covenant....new as to form and different in nature the old Covenant written on Stone, but now the same Covenant written on the Hearts, different in form and nature, but the same Covenant.

Hey All,
Etegay, please read the following Scripture.

Matthew 27:38, 50-51 Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

This is the penultimate part of the crucifixion account. Jesus had just given His life so we could have life. This was the whole point of Him becoming human. Matthew then wrote something very curious, "And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom;"

1. Why did"the Holy of Holies" have to be veiled?
2a. What is the significance of the veil being torn in two
2b "from the top to the bottom."
3. What event had just occurred that rendered the veil no longer necessary?
4. Why would Matthew insert this seemingly minor detail immediately after Jesus died?
5. Do you believe Paul was aware of the significance of the torn veil when he spoke to the people of Antioch?

Acts 13:38-39 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

If my keeping the law does not justify me through the law, what would be the purpose of trying to get me to keep it?
I have been made free through Christ.
Why would I put myself into unnecessary bondage? I am just a dumb heathen gentile (ugh), but even I understand this.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I think I am getting worse. I just posted on the wrong thread. I know it is late here (after midnight) but I'm awake enough. Well nobody has ever accused me of being a genius. Sorry for the intrusion. I will post the reply where it belongs. Please forgive me and ignore the post.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

The holy of holies represented heaven that was closed at the sin of Adam and the veil torn from top to bottom (act of God) signifying that at the death of the savior heaven was opened. Thanks

can you name book, chapter, or verse where the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob changed His Sabbath or His Set Apart Times also known as His Feast Times.

Yah's Feast are His Prophetic calendar as is His Sabbath !

Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

Do you practice this Sabbath ordinance of putting people to death for working on the Sabbath?

JLB

Sabbath is enforced in Jewish laws, such that,

- today's humans will adapt a 7-day calendar to determine the pattern on which they rest. Enjoy your weekends.
- God's ultimate sovereignty is displayed as all mankind is adapting such a 7-day calendar to work and to rest
- the Jews can practise Jewish customs by keeping their Sabbath on Saturday, while joining a church's Sunday services on Sunday. That's how the Lord's Day is defined by early apostles.

On the other hand, core commandments exist in each and every covenant, such as the 10 commandments inside the Mosaic covenant. In the New Covenant however, Sabbath is no longer one of the core commandments, as long as it's not mentioned by Jesus in His teaching,

Mark 10:19
You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.'

Other commandments are as valid as in OT, but not Sabbath.

Last edited:
Sabbath is enforced in Jewish laws, such that,

- today's humans will adapt a 7-day calendar to determine the pattern on which they rest. Enjoy your weekends.
- God's ultimate sovereignty is displayed as all mankind is adapting such a 7-day calendar to work and to rest
- the Jews can practise Jewish customs by keeping their Sabbath on Saturday, while joining a church's Sunday services on Sunday. That's how the Lord's Day is defined by early apostles.

On the other hand, core commandments exist in each and every covenant, such as the 10 commandments inside the Mosaic covenant. In the New Covenant however, Sabbath is no longer one of the core commandments, as long as it's not mentioned by Jesus in His teaching,

Mark 10:19
You know the commandments: 'You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.'

Other commandments are as valid as in OT, but not Sabbath.
Jewish customs feasts and fasts etc only pointed to the coming of Christ and to continue then is to declare Christ has not come! (The Jews are still expecting the messiah) thanks
Jewish practices are forbidden to Christians

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back