Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Our Blessed Hope

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
It's been on my heart to share with you the hope I/we have in this life, our hope and hopes, but our hope of the Lord's return.
Titus 2:11-15a;

"
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach."

These are awesome, overwhelming words, a treasure of life for those who believe in the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.
For if the Lord returns, then all our other hopes are fulfilled and we can know that we have life forever more.
All our hopes are future tense.
We await them, thus we hope for them.
And all our hopes come through the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul tells us of all our hopes.

Our hope for eternal life (Titus 1:2)
Our hope of resurrection (1 Thessalonians 4:13)
Our hope of glory (Romans 8:18)
Our hope of a redeemed body (Romans 8:23-24)
Our hope of a short and light affliction (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)
Our hope of salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8)
Our hope of consolation (2 Corinthians 1:7)

But what about our hope in healing?
Yes, it is very troublesome.
Though I believe in healing from the Lord, I believe our hope in healing is misplaced as most people that seem to need a healing, fail to get one.
And if we don't get one, then our faith is weakened.

So what hope is there in healing?
We cannot let what happens in this world control our belief in the next.
1 Corinthians 15:19;
"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable..."

All our hopes are future, they are forever.
If we get healed in this life, we still die.
The healing is not forever.
The healing that is forever is one of our eternal hope, and it comes through Jesus Christ.

Is our hope in healing or is it in Jesus Christ, who fulfills all our hopes?
Our hope(s) come from Jesus Christ himself.
Colossians 1:5;
Philippians 3:20-21;
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17.

Stay focussed on Jesus for all our hopes.
Amen.

Last edited:
This is a very important post, in my humble opinion.

We have a movement in the church today called the Word of Faith.
This teaches that if we ask for something with faith, we will get it.
It teaches to expect our faith-filled prayer to be realized even though we may not see that realization.
IOW, it's happening even though we may not experience it.

There is much wrong with this teaching.

1. Does this mean that if our prayer is not answered, we don't have enough faith?
What is enough faith? Should one be worried about this?
Jesus said the faith of a mustard seed is sufficient.
I believe Jesus.

2. What about new Christians?
I know a woman who fell away because promises made to her were not kept by God.

3. Jesus said that in this world we will have tribulation.
He has overcome this world, that is, the power of satan and sin - the POWER it has over us. The tribulation still exists.

4. He said to pick our cross up daily. This means that there is a cross to be picked up and to bear. Daily.

5. He said to pray always. Why?
To become more in tune with God.
To commune with Him.
Whatever we ask within the will of God, we will receive.
So we need to know the will of God and pray to be able to accept it.
This is not easy.
There are three answers to our personal prayer:
Yes, No, Later.

6. The Word of Faith movement makes God to be at our beck and call and to make Him to be Our servant!
Instead it is WE who must serve Him and accept what comes our way while traveling through here, and seek His comfort, WHILE we speak our needs, as we converse with God.

Because we do not receive a healing does not mean we don't have enough faith and it certainly does not mean God does not care for us and does not love His creation - we humans, who are made in His image.

Wondering

It's been on my heart to share with you the hope I/we have in this life, our hope and hopes, but our hope of the Lord's return.
Titus 2:11-15a;

"
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach."

These are awesome, overwhelming words, a treasure of life for those who believe in the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.
For if the Lord returns, then all our other hopes are fulfilled and we can know that we have life forever more.
All our hopes are future tense.
We await them, thus we hope for them.
And all our hopes come through the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.
The Apostle Paul tells us of all our hopes.

Our hope for eternal life (Titus 1:2)
Our hope of resurrection (1 Thessalonians 4:13)
Our hope of glory (Romans 8:18)
Our hope of a redeemed body (Romans 8:23-24)
Our hope of a short and light affliction (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)
Our hope of salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8)
Our hope of consolation (2 Corinthians 1:7)

But what about our hope in healing?
Yes, it is very troublesome.
Though I believe in healing from the Lord, I believe our hope in healing is misplaced as most people that seem to need a healing, fail to get one.
And if we don't get one, then our faith is weakened.

So what hope is there in healing?
We cannot let what happens in this world control our belief in the next.
1 Corinthians 15:19;
"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable..."

All our hopes are future, they are forever.
If we get healed in this life, we still die.
The healing is not forever.
The healing that is forever is one of our eternal hope, and it comes through Jesus Christ.

Is our hope in healing or is it in Jesus Christ, who fulfills all our hopes?
Our hope(s) come from Jesus Christ himself.
Colossians 1:5;
Philippians 3:20-21;
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17.

Stay focussed on Jesus for all our hopes.
Amen.
:nod

Great post!​

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back