Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please Pray For me to give this anger To God and Forgive!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jruner

I have become so angry with my abuser's past and current that I can't let it go in the way I thought I had and now Pray about this daily. This abuse covers the full range and now I can only speak to my elderly parents rarely by email. Even then they attack or bait me. The last confrontation in person, was when I had to mediate their marital problems and the alcoholism involved.

Truly I am trying to forgive in an infinite way, however it has become a struggle as this abuse started when I was a toddler and involves multiple immediate and extended family members. The abuse has given me the gift of compassion for others and made me the black sheep of a very dysfunction and non-compassionate group of people.

I Pray to imitate Christ.

Humbly,

John

Continue to endeavor to imitate Christ, and continue to pray for a forgiving heart, but forgiveness only comes when it is sought.

I will pray for you. Consider this. No matter what you feel, choose and speak to forgive them and speaking as if it is a fact. This will reinforce it within your heart that it is so. The Word is God is powerful like a two-edged sword, dividing mind and spirit. Don't rely on your feelings or your mind to understand that you can choose to forgive them, stand on the Word of God above all else, and reinforce it within your heart by speaking it so.

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I have become so angry with my abuser's past and current that I can't let it go in the way I thought I had and now Pray about this daily. This abuse covers the full range and now I can only speak to my elderly parents rarely by email. Even then they attack or bait me. The last confrontation in person, was when I had to mediate their marital problems and the alcoholism involved.

Truly I am trying to forgive in an infinite way, however it has become a struggle as this abuse started when I was a toddler and involves multiple immediate and extended family members. The abuse has given me the gift of compassion for others and made me the black sheep of a very dysfunction and non-compassionate group of people.

I Pray to imitate Christ.

Humbly,

John

Hi John, glad to see you here with us.

I've been through this same thing. The Lord showed me to pray for them. It wasn't easy to start with but pretty soon it got easier and easier, and frankly more sincere. It was amazing, the Lord removed all the hurt and anger. Forgiveness came and remained. That terrible burden was lifted.
I will pray for you. Remember how much the Lord loves you and keep looking at Him, you can walk above the waves of the storm.

You're in my prayers, John.

Deborah said what I would have...and she spoke so beautifully, so I won't add anything further.
Well, except to say: you have brothers and sisters in Christ here at CFnet, and we are most willing to offer up prayers for you and for your family. Our Lord loves you!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back